Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2015 2:59:41 PM EDT
Threw up a post in GD as well for the extra traffic. Local Sierra Trading Post has one of their big 7 person tent/lodge things on sale for 130$. Seems like a good deal but I am not familiar with the company.

Model in question
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any direct experience with Wenzal but I'm finding almost all of this type of equipment is reasonably well made with decent materials for the price point. An example of this is I have a quality mountain tent ($450) and a Walmart car camping tent ($50). Both have held up very well. The main difference is the cost of the materials, not so much the quality of construction. The Coleman stitching is not as precise but we beat the crap out of it because it is cheap and it still comes back for more.

STP started here in Reno and I have been buying from them from the start, they have had a no-questions asked return policy. In all though years I have only used it once. I had a pair of trail runner they I could not get used to. They didn't even blink an eye when I took them back and even looked up the invoice on their computer for me (couldn't find it).

So... You could buy one, set it up in the yard and take it back if it looks sketchy.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
They had one set up in the store which is why I ended up buying one. Signed up for their email list any got a 30% percent off coupon so the tent came to 90$. Not bad being I cand stand upright in it and I'm just over 6'1".

This will be a fair weather truck camping tent. I am tired of sleeping in my excursion.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just your usual low end stuff.  Seal the seams, they do quite nicely.
View Quote

What's a good product for that?

We don't get much for moisture around here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you sir I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Makes sense. Aside from it catching extra wind I am hoping the extra size helps with the heat around here. That's the reason I am over sleeping in my Excursion, soon as the sun hits the side it's 90 degrees inside. Makes it hard for a guy to sleep in

It might even fit under my EZup for extra shade on the really hot days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top