Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2015 7:12:38 PM EDT
So I'm getting ready to sell my house and I'd like to almost just buy a big  gooseneck camper and live out of it for a few years and go camping on the weekends.  Whats the better models for all season use.  I live in Ohio so it gets real cold in the winter.  I wouldn't do it long term but I'd just like the freedom of being able to go anywhere.  Are any of those toy hauler campers rated to have a small car in the back?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have lived in a camper my whole life, in cold climates you want to snap on some tarp as an under skirting it is easy to do just cut the tarp to fit the ground. I do not know of any toy hauler that will transport a car, just tow it behind. Twenty years of pipelining is just my opinion. Get a salamander propane heater to thaw the pipes if necessary.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input... what kind and size camper you have?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:05:54 AM EDT
[#3]
If you do a 5th wheel, then tow w/ a diesel, no toad necessary.  Same w/ a B - no toad - the B is your daily driver.  You only need a toad w/ an A or big C.  If you really want to, you throw a bike in the back of the toy hauler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top