Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2015 9:03:20 AM EDT
Taking a trip to the Caribbean this summer. Place we are going to rents chairs and a umbrella for $30 for 6 hours.  We will be there 4 days, you do the math.

Looking for a decent tent / sun shelter for the beach that wont break the bank. I can probably spend up to that much and know I have my own shelter. What do y ou guys recommend that will fold up nicely and fit into a suitcase?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Here are a few: link
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I stopped by my local Harbor Freight and got one of these.
Used a 20% off coupon to sweeten the deal.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Sport-Brella

Be aware that some of the cheaper ez-up type shelters do not have UV protection and you can still get a bad sunburn sitting in their shade. Ask me how I know

ETA, just noticed it needs to fit in a suit case. You won't find much that meets that criteria.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
You can fit a fairly large (10'x12') or slightly larger  sil-nylon tarp, a bunch of alum.stakes, and lots of  light line, in a corner of a suitcase --- not much larger than a loaf of sandwich bread. You'll need to find some palm trees or scrounged poles to support a ridgeline for the tarp, in situ, but your objective is easily accomplished. Best source for the best tarps is Cooke Custom Sewing,supplier to Boundary Waters canoeists and other camping cogniscente.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Taking a trip to the Caribbean this summer. Place we are going to rents chairs and a umbrella for $30 for 6 hours.  We will be there 4 days, you do the math.

Looking for a decent tent / sun shelter for the beach that wont break the bank. I can probably spend up to that much and know I have my own shelter. What do y ou guys recommend that will fold up nicely and fit into a suitcase?
View Quote

If you are staying at a private resort you may not be able to use your own.

If you are traveling about then you may enjoy having one.  Where I used to go most beaches had some shade and I brought my own folding chairs.

For a sun shade I currently have one of these that is nice, and easy to use: Kelty Cabana

ETA:  If you are renting a car then it should be easy to hit a Walmart or whatever on the island and grab a couple of cheap folding chairs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3986208

no floor. pretty easy to assemble.
held up pretty well so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top