Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2015 5:12:12 PM EDT
anyone do the Kifaru?

I'm looking at their pack systems.... not sure which lbe/strap system is best for weight.. Duplex or Bikini ?  awaiting forum member activation on their site...

https://store.kifaru.net/packs-c3.aspx

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have one if their packs but have done a fair bit of looking into them and know several people who use them.  The difference between the bikini and duplex is the frame sheet and weight.  The bikini can haul just as much as the duplex,  the stays are identical however the bikini stays can not be removed.  Also if an odd shaped object is in the bag on the bikini it can potentially poke your back there have been complaints about that on another forum.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks!

quite an investment
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the navigator and marauder, I like em, works well with gunbearer.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Do yourself a favor and check out Eberlestock packs.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
anyone do the Kifaru?

I'm looking at their pack systems.... not sure which lbe/strap system is best for weight.. Duplex or Bikini ?  awaiting forum member activation on their site...

View Quote

I haven't seen the new stuff yet, so everything I have is the previous generation I suspect.  Oh, and in black.  (Note, if the new stuff is like the old, the black buckles were a different size than the tan ones).

but either one i would suspect would be worth it.  i always loved their warranty policy, and how well their stuff lasted.  not to mention, the resale rate can be in the 90% range (or higher), since the wait period for new can be a couple of months.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:53:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No, just no.

Kifaru is on a totally different level.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
anyone do the Kifaru?

View Quote

Buying either frame will be much more expensive than buying the pack you want that includes a frame.

If money is no limit then I guess you can buy a frame and multiple bags but swapping the frame from pack to pack seems inefficient

How much of a load do you intend to carry? Don't worry about choosing a specific frame at this time.

I have over twenty thousand cubic inches of kifaru packs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I've owned a lot of their gen1 and a couple gen2 packs.  Their youtube channel can answer a lot of your questions.  Excellent gear, very over built.  Figure out your exact needs and then call Mel and talk it through with him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, just no.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, just no.

LOL... No kidding.

Eberlesock is mediocre at best (I've owned three of them). I have a Kifaru Timberline T2 now, and it will probably be the last hunting/camping pack I own. Awesome!

ZA
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I just sold an EMR and I still have a ZXR, Scout, E&E and Piggyback. They are awesome packs, but on the heavy side. A lot of there newer stuff is coming out in 500D w/o webbing, so that should cut down on some of the weight. They perform very well at what they were designed to do, which is to carry heavy oversized loads.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Having owned both (and still have the Duplex), the answer is it depends. I would say that if the weight is going to consistently be under 100#, the bikini is tops. Over 100#, the nod goes to the Duplex. If I could only have (and do) it would be the duplex. I've had one for about 5 years and it's packed out some very heavy loads (elk) and it just works right...everytime.

IMHO Eberlestock is not in the same class...at all.

Here's the best place I know to read about the various options.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/forum.php

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Wife has one. This thing is damn near bulletproof. I've been around a lot of ruck sacks and backpacks over the years, and this is the toughest I've ever seen.

But, yes...one hell of an investment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top