Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had good luck using the back of the blade on my pant leg.  It's not too hard to close one-handed, that way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pocket knife... I choose a Victorinox Recruit

Affordable and functional.
View Quote

This is my daily carry pocket knife too.

The blade is crazy sharp and will hold it's edge with a lot of use.

The large blade is good for food prep, plus a bottle and can opener....

Oh ya - the tweezers are damn handy for getting chunks out of your hands!

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep a Swiss Army knife in the center console of my Jeep, but what I carry in my pocket is a folding Enzo, completely happy with this knife.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
My current carry and fav is a ZT561
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:00:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Well this is just great.  Knives are like cocaine to me.  I've been resisting g the urge to give in to a new one but thanks to this thread I just had to go and do a search on spydies.  
I have lots of favorites,  my dodo is indispensable at work. Useless anywhere else but I'm quite lost at work without it.

I have a couple of salts as my "lunch" knife. That way I can put it up wet if I have to.

I have a Benchmade 705 that is not made anymore.  Perfect size for me. When I'm walking I usually have one of my Kershaw leeks clipped to my pocket. I don't use them much, I want to preserve that nice point in case I need it. Hopefully I will never have to use it for the purpose I carry it for.

The one I have in my pocket when I am doing chores around the house and yard is the spiderco tenacious.  Easy to sharpen and I don't feel bad about using it hard.

I have one of the old delicas but I don't want to ruin that beautiful point. I should have gotten 2, then I would at least use one.

The  native is also one I use for chores. Light,  yet a handle that fills up the hand. Mine is around here somewhere.

I'm  now eyeballing the new delica and endura. The pointy tip is back! Plus bright colors to make finding it easy! Tomorrow I will post my decision.

For folders I favor spidercos.  They are light in the pocket and have premium steel. I have not broken one yet.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow. I'm bummed. I wanted to consider my current collection before I purchased another. I cannot seem to locate several of them. :(

But while looking I stumbled upon a couple byrds (spyderco Chinese line). One of them was behind a bookcase, I forgot I had it. The byrd flight.

They don't make it anymore but the f&f on it is flawless! I usually use the tenacious when working in the yard, my daily user. I'm going to start using the flight. Thick blade. Nice point. Locks up tight.

I can't find my native,  old delica, the one with the nice point. And my benchmade. I know they are around here somewhere. I'll bet they are all together.  

I don't deserve a new knife.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Old Timer 3 blade Stockman, model 80T (USA made version of course).

View Quote

Been carrying a Stockman 80T in my left pocket for the last 36 yrs, ever since I was 14 yo.  Clipped to my right pocket is one of three folders.  Syderco Endura Emerson, CRKT M16-14D or Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Folder.

CD
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Microtech mini socom w/ATS-34 tanto. Very light and slim. Have used it every day for 10 years. Edge, balance, and lockup
Are top notch.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Favorite for daily carry: Victorinox Small Tinker

Favorite for hiking or overnighters: Victorinox Hiker

Favorite for camping/backpacking: Victorinox Trekker

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I went through the pocket clip stage but have come back around to the Stockman pattern for a pocket knife. If I'm doing  a task where I have only one hand available to use a knife I'll pull the fixed blade out.
View Quote

Nailed it.

to me a pocket knife should fit in your pocket. If you have to cut something more stout than what the old timer can handle, then get out the fixed blade.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Case peanut, chrome vanadium blades, always in my pocket. Other knives, depends on situation, in the woods, an old Case folding hunter, again chrome vanadium blades, I can take apart two or three pigs without resharpening. For defensive use , CRKT C/K Professional or Benchmade automatic.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Swiss Army Huntsman- I've carried one nearly every day since the 1980's. If I could only own one knife for the rest of my life this is the one I would carry. I like the saw and the scissors....

http://www.swissarmy.com/us/product/Swiss-Army-Knives/Category/Outdoor/Hunting/Huntsman-Boy-Scouts-of-America/55201

http://www.rei.com/media/oo/304d6cd9-3ad0-4f4e-8bcf-7da222d43546.jpg  
View Quote

I carried the same knife from the time I was 13 until I ETS'ed. It went everywhere in my pocket all through high school, jump school, every jump and every field problem, every where I went.
The only place it didn't get to stay with me was during basic.
I ended up replacing it with the next step down. Same basic knife but no scissors. Can't recall the model I still have the huntsman. It was the first knife I ever saved up for and bought for myself.
Great knife and great memories. Thanks for that.

BTW I concur with everything  TimJ said.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I carried the same knife from the time I was 13 until I ETS'ed. It went everywhere in my pocket all through high school, jump school, every jump and every field problem, every where I went.
I ended up replacing it with the next step down. Same basic knife but no scissors. Can't recall the model I still have the huntsman. It was the first knife I ever saved up for and bought for myself.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Swiss Army Huntsman- I've carried one nearly every day since the 1980's. If I could only own one knife for the rest of my life this is the one I would carry. I like the saw and the scissors....

http://www.swissarmy.com/us/product/Swiss-Army-Knives/Category/Outdoor/Hunting/Huntsman-Boy-Scouts-of-America/55201

http://www.rei.com/media/oo/304d6cd9-3ad0-4f4e-8bcf-7da222d43546.jpg  

Sounds like a Camper. I carry a Farmer. I also have a Camper and a Huntsman and gave Fieldmasters to my sons.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Spyderco Delica 4 all the way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been carrying one of these three lately.
Spyderco Endura plain blade
Spyderco Delica combo blade
HK Benchmade Axis lock

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Custom made, by yours truly.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been carrying one of these three lately.
Spyderco Endura plain blade
Spyderco Delica combo blade
HK Benchmade Axis lock

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e314/bhart8911/image.jpg1_zpsfrakzqph.jpg
View Quote

I just ordered one of the HK Axis knives with partial serrations for use as a work knife and an outdoor/camping knife.

There isn't a do-it-all knife and I have a different model for an edc when I'm not at work. ZT and Kershaw make good knives. Kershaw is probably the "cheapest" I would go for a knife. Make mine made in the USA, please.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Good news! I found all my misplaced knives except my spyderco native!

I don't understand the appeal of the ZT's. They seem kind of thick and stumpy. I've never handled one so what do I know.

I've also since gotten a spyderco paramilitary! Very nice! I also got a spyderpac to store and organize my smaller knives. I didn't realize I had so many! It's kind of embarrassing. That's not even counting my fixed blades. Or the multitools.

Now that they are all in one nice place I am enjoying rotating them all to get some pocket time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Case Trapper. Tough as hell,Hold an edge well and made in the USA.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#24]
My favs for ordinary fun use are the SAK Recruit and the 3 or 4" Mora w/ traditional sheath.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#25]
still got my boy scout knife.

carry a spydy military

clown
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've have many, many, knives. Autos, OTFs, all major brands, some customs, some tacticool, etc.

Let me tell you the answer:  

CRK Sebenza.

It's expensive but you'll know why when you use and carry it. When it gets beat to hell send it and and it will come back like new for a very minimal fee.

View Quote

This.  Sebenza is my go to knife.  I rotate between large and small.  I always have a slip joint in my pocket also.  99% of the time it is a GEC Barlow or pemberton.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#27]
wow glad I found this thread. Was going to get a sog flash 2.  now I'm gonna go with the spyderco tenacious. Perfect for my price point.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I went through the pocket clip stage but have come back around to the Stockman pattern for a pocket knife. If I'm doing  a task where I have only one hand available to use a knife I'll pull the fixed blade out.
View Quote

This. I found one just like my grandpa had.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:48:15 AM EDT
[#29]
My EDC is a Kershaw Whirlwind Serrated (back-half serrated).  The knife is spring-assisted for one-handed opening and has a pocket clip (I like pocket clips, keeps the knife from getting "lost" in my pocket).  It also has a knurled thumb stud that works with the spring-assist.  And, if it gets dull, you can send it back to Kershaw and they will put a factory (read super sharp) edge back on it for FREE.  The only drawback is that it is a liner-lock knife.  No stabbing or poking unless you want to risk losing a finger or two.  A great USA made knife (this has been debated, but the blade clearly says Kershaw USA) that can be had for about 40-50 bucks if you shop around.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Sebenza Classic is my fav.

Fav backpacking specific, is a Swiss Officers and Spyderco Delica.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top