Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 4:11:16 PM EDT
OK, got the E'mail that everyone looks forward to.  I have always been a fan of period knives, and had Matt make me a Mountain Man "style" scalper.  I know, I know, it isn't HC/PC, but to me, it has that spirit.  So what do you think?

I think this will travel many miles with me during my woods bumming!!  It is 1/8" vintage style scalper with aged bone handle and rawhide sheath.  About 7" blade.  Forgot if it is steel or brass pins (think steel) .  Anyhow, just love to post this kind of stuff!!  Matt does jam up work.  Happy customer here.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful! I bet that'll make a fine woods knife.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks nice, I really like the proportions and handle style.  Matt makes some nice knives.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Lots of good history behind that pattern as well. I've always been a fan of French trade knives and that appears to be a good example of one. At one time they were the most common knives in America (popularized by the French, traded with the natives, later on used by the English frontiersmen) It's a classic design with a lot of good utility.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of good history behind that pattern as well. I've always been a fan of French trade knives and that appears to be a good example of one. At one time they were the most common knives in America (popularized by the French, traded with the natives, later on used by the English frontiersmen) It's a classic design with a lot of good utility.
View Quote

If you like that style of knife there are some other really good makers out there too.  Another one I like Kyle Willyard's work here:

http://www.olddominionforge.com/knives.html
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw Mat post that on his Facebook, thought it looked awesome, you got a great knife. I have a Kepart from him, it's one of my favorites.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top