Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2014 2:56:33 PM EDT
I picked up a couple of these at my local Eastern Mountain Sports the other day, and it's going to become my go-to camping light. It's lighter than my Black Diamond Orbit, and I'll never have to carry spare batteries. Operating range is 15F-122F so in the winter I may have to bring the Orbit, but keeping the Luci inside my jacket may keep it warm enough.

MPOWERD Luci Light
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw those a little while ago.  Neat concept.  Good price for less than $15.  

Can you do a short review on it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Would really like to get your opinion after using this lite. The design makes me think it will throw light in a hour glass pattern.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll bring it out in the backyard tonight, and this weekend I may camp overnight and I'll give a short review if I do.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
All pics taken on my lawn at about 2045.

Black Diamond Orbit lamp (4 AAA/6V) on low.

Orbit on high:

MPWERD Luci (3.7V LiPO) on low, LEDs down:

Luci on low, LEDs up:

Luci on high, LEDs down:

Luci on high, LEDs up:

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate you guys. Now I want one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a smaller, inflatable version of that.

(A member here reviewed it on his Youtube Channel.)

Not sure how they compare other than being about the same price.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I work at an Outdoor Store, and we can't keep them in stock. I have a few of them, and they're awesome!

They float, they're waterproof, super light weight, charge quick and hold it, and they put out the perfect amount of light for a tent or trail shelter.

Only downside, they do not like cold weather. At about 20 degrees the plastic will become brittle and crack. So they're a warm weather toy.

Also, the second generation (produced in April of 2014) had problems with the PV panel on top cracking. They've since going to a more robust version, and I've had no issues with mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top