Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2014 7:12:08 PM EDT
I was talking with a friend today since we both have kayaks now (we're both pretty familiar with canoes. I've owned one for 5 years and he's been in both) and were wanting to take a 3 or 4 day kayak trip. I was thinking Missouri would be our best bet to do this. We're both located in central KS and I think Missouri is probably the closest. We like doing things on our own and don't want to do a guided trip if that's possible. I was pretty much just wondering if anyone has dealt with any of these places that offer the shuttle or had any recommendations. We don't really need to rent anything. If we could find out where we could camp (if free range isn't offered along the river) and get a ride back to the truck that's all we'd really need. Wish the Arkansas has water in it where we're at!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#1]

I've done a few self supported kayak tours.  Always worked out the shuttle on my own with friends, stashed the boat and hitchhiked, etc.  

Never anything in your neck of the woods though.  Depending on the length of the trip you could work out a multi sport type adventure with a staged road bike.  That would be awesome.  

The easiest shuttle companies are usually the ones that run the busiest rivers.  

cheers,

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top