User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2014 6:54:51 PM EDT
does anyone here rockclimb?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

View Quote

Think I'm gonna get back into it a little. I dabbled some back in my Scouting days and I'm planning a trip out to Colorado to climb/camp with a good friend of mine come early fall, so I'm in the process of updating my gear.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Think I'm gonna get back into it a little. I dabbled some back in my Scouting days and I'm planning a trip out to Colorado to climb/camp with a good friend of mine come early fall, so I'm in the process of updating my gear.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i am thinking about getting back into it too. i sold all my climbing gear when i left Arizona, so if i decide to get back into it, i get the feeling it is gonna be expensive.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Yes.

Not quite as much as I did when I was in CO.  NC gets hot in the summer .

Gear doesn't have to break the bank.  Just depends on what you want to do with it.  A versatile top rope set up is cheap as is a basic sport climbing rig.  You want to get into waterfall ice and mixed climbing, prepare your anus!

The internet is full of deals these days.  eBay too if you're into that.  Mountain Project is the ARF equivalent and has a good EE.

cheers,
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
...... yes

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I enjoy mountain climbing, no so much rock.  A group of us are trying Mt Jefferson next month.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 2:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I enjoy mountain climbing, no so much rock.  A group of us are trying Mt Jefferson next month.
View Quote

Jeff in July?

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1108435
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]

"My shoulder is broken, but not badly. It'll heal up fine."

Maybe....

I got some places where I was banged up 30 years ago that still hurt on some days.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeff in July?

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1108435

Well....

I have had several conversations with our local mountain rescue group about this climb.  

We will not be crossing the glaciers that have openings on them but going up the south or southwest ridge, across the traverse on the west side and up the north part of the pinnacle.  I have been assured that the high traverse on the west should be covered with snow.  We are planning on doing a running belay across the traverse.

As far as the person on "cascade climbers" - I wouldn't climb with him.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe....

I got some places where I was banged up 30 years ago that still hurt on some days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe....

I actually know that guy, and yea.. his shoulder is still screwed up.

He was totally off-route when he fell, BTW. In bare condition, the route traverses under, and then ascends, the west face of the summit pinnacle. He climbed the north shoulder of the pinnacle, which is such a massive pile of choss I just can't believe a person of sound mind would attempt it. The consensus seems to be he's got the first, and probably will remain the only, summer-conditions ascent of that line.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Indoors 2-3 times a week, outdoors is less often sadly and mostly bouldering as I don't have a reliable partner right now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:24:51 AM EDT
[#11]
yep
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Indoors 2-3 times a week, outdoors is less often sadly and mostly bouldering as I don't have a reliable partner right now.
View Quote

^^^  I hear that !  We built a small wall in my buddy's living room.  8'w x 10'h  Anchored to the wall by chains only so we could one day have a lil negative angle.  Some pretty good outdoor stuff (for the area) not far from our cabin.  Found out about it 3 years ago, just got around to finding it a few months ago, still haven't found the time to go...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, since 2000.  Extensive Ice, rock and alpine climbing.  These days, mostly just waterfall ice and mixed routes in Hyalite Canyon.  I need to learn how to post pics.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top