Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2014 2:32:16 PM EDT
I haven't used the grill yet this year.  I bought a couple of nice steaks.  I went out to heat up the grill,  I lifted the lid and the thing is full of dead grass.  In the middle is a depression with four little blue eggs in it.  You can tell the nest was made with the lid down since the grass is smushed in a curved shape matching the lid.  I can't figure out how the birds got in.  There is no access from the bottom.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Snakes?
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, Marlin Perkins, the snakes carried the bedding in and set up a nest.

Wrens are able to fit thru a hole smaller than a quarter
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
So did you leave them be?
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Steak and eggs then???
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a softy, I left the nest be.  Unless its snakes, then I just turn the grill on.

Kidding,
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Blue eggs are robin eggs generally.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Daenerys Targaryen?

If that's the case you will have an auto lighting grill soon

Keep us updated on what hatches!
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Bet its Starlings.  Hate those damn birds.

Go clean out the grill and smash those eggs.  Rats with wings as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 2:30:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah, Marlin Perkins, the snakes carried the bedding in and set up a nest.

Wrens are able to fit thru a hole smaller than a quarter
View Quote

* Snort
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The eggs hatched.  Definitely Starlings.  The fiancé is emotionally invested in these birds now.  She never saw baby birds before.  She sent photos on her phone of her "grandchildren".
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Must be going around. I opened mine up last weekend and the entire thing was crammed full of dead leaves and grass. Except mine was a fucking rat's nest. Now I have to get the fucking rat piss smell out of it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I get the same problem every spring.   I tear out the nest 4 or 5 times because they keep rebuilding it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:24:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Cleaning the grill.  I knew it would be bad, but not this bad.  Never again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:32:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Must be going around. I opened mine up last weekend and the entire thing was crammed full of dead leaves and grass. Except mine was a fucking rat's nest. Now I have to get the fucking rat piss smell out of it.
View Quote

Easy start it on fire
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top