RULES FOR POSTING IN THE EQUIPMENT EXCHANGE
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE INTENDED FOR THE REGULAR & TEAM MEMBERS OF AR15.COM ONLY. Dealers and Industry Partners are subject to a different set of rules.
COMPANIES & DEALERS
You must pay a fee to advertise in the Equipment Exchange. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com if you are interested in selling here. Selling items in large quantities also constitutes being a dealer, even if you do not own a business per se.
Sellers: Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item and are satisfied with the selling price. If you back out of a deal AFTER you've agreed to sell it to a particular buyer, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE LOCKED PERMANENTLY!
Buyers: Be 100% sure that you can financially afford to purchase an item before offering to do so. If you back out of a deal AFTER you've agreed to buy from a particular seller, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE LOCKED PERMANENTLY!
There are NO exceptions to the above statements.
EQUIPMENT EXCHANGE RULES
- No more than TWO ads on page 1, and no more than FOUR ads within the first two pages. Industry Partners are allowed SIX ads per page, and Dealers are allowed FOUR ads per page. In order to keep the EE clean, we ask that you combine related items into single ads when appropriate, rather than creating an ad for each related item.
- No bold commands are allowed in subject lines unless you're a paying Dealer/Industry Partner.
- All ads should be placed in ONE appropriate forum. NO CROSS POSTING OF ADS IN MULTIPLE FORUMS.
- All items MUST be priced!
- You MUST have valid contact information to sell on AR15.com, and provide it to EE Staff on request.
- You MUST have both your IM and e-mail turned on to sell here.
- No auctions (or links to auction sites), either in an ad or redirecting a buyer to an auction site, via IM or email, unless specifically authorized by AR15.com. Accepting higher than stated prices for an item is considered 'taking bids' and is not allowed. If receiving a higher than advertised price is important to you, list your item on an auction site. Moreover, "Or Best Offer" is understood on the EE to mean best offer up to the listing price, not best offer above the listing price.
- No links to other commercial sites except by AR15.com Dealers and Industry Partners.
- WTB/WTT ads MUST be placed in the appropriate WTB/WTT forums ONLY. Posting them in the WTS forums may result in them being deleted instead of being moved. The ONLY exception is the NFA Firearms & Parts forum.
- Anyone selling or interested in selling large quantities, recurring stock, or selling for profit needs a Dealer Account in order to sell on the site. Businesses are required to have a Dealer or Industry Partner Account in place before selling on the site.
- Absolutely no stomping on other peoples' posts! Do not remark in any way that would negatively impact the sale of someone's merchandise. Do not post comments or opinions in threads. This can result in your account being locked.
- No posting of anything illegal. Including trademark infringements, such at knock-offs and clones that bear the trademark of the original company.
- Do not delete ad text or subject lines. Doing so may result in a temporary suspension from the site. Leaving the subject lines and prices intact allows others to search items out and gauge current market value.
- IF YOU BUY AN ITEM, YOU MUST POST IN THE THREAD IN ORDER TO LEAVE AND RECEIVE FEEDBACK UNDER THE AUTOMATED FEEDBACK SYSTEM.
- Don't use a secondary "shill" account to ask a phony question or post any other messages, thus BTTing your own ad. This will result in BOTH accounts being locked!
- Sellers should not re-post an ad again in order to get it back on page 1. DO NOT REPOST AN AD THAT IS LOCKED.
- Sellers must not post items for sale that you do not have in their possession. Also, do not list items for sale unless you are 100% positive that you wish to sell them. No "testing the waters" to gauge buyer interest or taking pre-orders. This includes no sales for third parties. If your "friend" wishes to sell here, he must take the time to open a separate account. Refrain from posting personal info in ads, such as phone numbers and email addresses.
- Sellers need to use their own photos to place into ads. If you cannot post pics of the actual item you are selling, then do not post pics. If you use photohosting sites such as Tinypic that recycle URL's, you will be held responsible if your photo is changed at a later date to something prohibited by the rules here.
IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, EXPECT ANY THE FOLLOWING:
- Your ad may be locked
- Your ad may be deleted
- You may receive an account warning
- You may be locked out from the site, possibly even a permanent ban
- You may be restricted from posting in the EE
These for sale forums operate on honesty and integrity. If you cannot handle deals in an appropriate manner, don't post here. If you break our trust, it will be noted in our feedback forum. Selling rights may be removed and/or your account here will be subject to termination.
All items listed for sale should be described honestly. Do not attempt to represent replica (AirSoft, etc.) parts/products or cheap knockoffs as if they were Name Brand/OEM equipment! Do not knowingly sell defective products without acknowledging the defect. You must handle your transactions in a timely fashion. If you can't, don't buy it or sell it. And lastly, please maintain a reasonable level of civility. If a problem arises, don't immediately fly off the handle with threats & insults.
DISPUTES ABOUT SHIPPED ITEMS: In case of a dispute, the seller has to provide proof that the item was delivered. Delivery confirmation (such as from USPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.) provides that proof for most cases. If you are not 100% sure of the person you're dealing with, then signature confirmation might be an extra step to take but is not absolutely required in case of a dispute. Furthermore, there is always the chance that the item does not arrive in the condition stated, the contents were damaged or even missing altogether. To protect the seller against something like that, insurance is highly recommended but not required. The seller should be willing to work things out with the buyer in case there are issues.
There will always be exceptions to the rule and we will treat each case on an individual basis while making every attempt to be fair and impartial.
Before you buy or sell please read the following link: MUST READ!! How to conduct transactions for seller and buyers (link broken)
EE Staff & Mods