|Website Login FAQ
To log into the site, simply enter your username (boardname) into the initial box in the header (under login graphic) and entry your password into the second box. Then click on the "Go!" button.
Here are a few solutions to potential problems you may have with the login.
Invalid login or password error message.
Login page refreshes.
- If no error is given and the page simply reloads, then you most likely do not have cookies enabled or are blocking cookies for the site. In order to use the website, you MUST enable cookies. If you wish to verify your login information, use the forgot password tool.
Login page hangs or just sits there.
- If the page seems to be stuck, you may have a corrupt cookie. Go into your browsers options and delete your AR15.Com and www.ar15.com cookies. If you are using the site through a different domain name, such as weaponforums.com or ak47.net, then you will need to delete the cookies for that domain.
Login and page continues to reload itself or never loads.
- You most likely have a corrupt cookie. Go into your browsers options and delete your AR15.Com and www.ar15.com cookies. If you are using the site through a different domain name, such as weaponforums.com or ak47.net, then you will need to delete the cookies for that domain.
Get logged out after logging in, clicking, or after a few minutes
- Check for cookie blocking and ensure that you have enabled cookies for the site and do not have a firewall or cookie blocker clearing out your cookies after a certain amount of time. (If you do, it should be longer than your typical visit to the site!)
Login page returns an error window.
- There are several errors which may return. The first is if your account has been locked, in which the only solution is to contact the site staff. The second is if your account has not yet been approved, please be patient while the staff processes the account. The third is if you enter an incorrect login/password combination.
- If you had an old AR15.Com account, your login is your username/boardname. When the new system went in, we eliminated the separate login name value.
I continue to get an invalid login/password combination!!!!
- If this is the case, please use the "Forgot Password" tool which is found in the help system menu. (On the left!) Simply enter your email address and the system will send you your password. If you do not receive an email, please check your mail settings to ensure your provider is not blocking the email.
Unable to process url or any other sort of error
- If you enounter a browser error or something not on this page, please contact us at email@example.com with specific information on the problem, and we'll help you figure it out.
If there are any further issues or question, please contact the staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated :: 8/8/2004 10:55:35 AM EDT