Course: Fundamentals of First Aid for the Gunfighter/Medical Live Fire Module
Date: 26 Jun 2011
Location: Echo Valley Training Center
Fundamentals of First Aid for the Gunfighter
This intense course is basic/Intermediate level instruction on the contents, use, and the wounds
treated by the Individual First Aid Kit or similar product. This is a jam packed course that gets
the student up to speed on how to prevent immediate death from combative injury. The course’s
focus is on the areas of preventable death as defined by Tactical Combat Casualty Care
This is a must have course for anyone going into harms way or has the potential of such.
The course is a combination of classroom lecture and practical skill evolutions totaling 4 hours.
This is the foundational course for all others offered by us.
$225 Course including our RSKTKR Down Kit
$100 Course with no kit
Medical Live Fire Module
This course is an add-on module for all of our medical courses. Students will review and learn dominant
and non dominant one handed weapon manipulations, non traditional/awkward shooting positions and
overviews of cover and concealment.
The course is a combination of a lecture and practical skill evolutions totaling 4 hours.
200 rounds of handgun ammo
· Pistol and 3 Magazines with Holster and Pouches (tactical, duty or concealment, train
with what you will fight with)
· Knee and Elbow Pads (recommended not mandatory) ** That’s a clue in police work**
· Comfortable Casual Clothing and Footwear
· Wrap Around Eye Protection (mandatory)
· Hearing Protection (mandatory)
· Ball Cap/Cover
· Hydration System and food for the day (we will be having lunch at the range)
· Appropriate Seasonal Weather Gear (we will train rain or shine)
· Note taking materials ** RSKTKR instructors will be asking everyone to actively
participate; we will not conduct death by power point. So all training will be conducted on the
· Personal Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) if you have one.