I am looking to find a course for my wife says that she can fulfill the training class qualification for the FL out of state CCW permit requirement. Classic pistol range in Pennsylvania is hosting a NRA Women Only F.I.R.S.T. Steps Pistol Training Class and I was wondering if anyone knew if this fulfills the training requirement?
7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;
A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes; or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught said course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant; or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall constitute evidence of qualification under this paragraph; any person who conducts a course pursuant to subparagraph 2., subparagraph 3., or subparagraph 7., or who, as an instructor, attests to the completion of such courses, must maintain records certifying that he or she observed the student safely handle and discharge the firearm;
From the license application
Florida law requires you to submit proof of competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a concealed weapon license. A
copy of a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION or similar document from any of the following courses or classes is acceptable:
- any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or
a similar agency in another state;
- any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
- any firearm safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency,
junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors
certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
- any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special
deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
- any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by
the National Rifle Association.
The copy of the training certificate/document must be clear and legible. The certificate/document must include your name, the
instructor's name, the instructor's signature, and the instructor's certification number.
Other acceptable forms of training documentation include the following:
- documentary evidence of experience with a firearm obtained through participation in organized shooting competition;
- active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm your experience with a
firearm gained during your service: military orders including call to active-duty letter; a statement of military service signed
by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies
you and provides your date of entry on your current active-duty period;
- former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service.
FL accepted NRA First Steps a few years ago and I believe they still do.
ETA: (Any NRA firearms course)