DEFENSIVE PISTOL 1-CORTLAND, NY May 6, 2012
MAY 6, 2012-Pre-Registration Required Call 315-453-3660 http://www.verdadinvestigations.com
Tactical Pistol 1 is a pre-requisite to attend the following firearms training courses:
• Advanced Pistol 2: Rapid Deployment Pistol Operator
• Concealed Carry Deployment & Tactics Course
• Using Cover While Moving and Shooting
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
• Firearms training safety review.
• Principals of personal defense.
• Advanced pistol methodology and concepts.
• Mental conditioning and combat mindset.
• Developing tactical aptitude.
• Review of shooting fundamentals.
• The natural action stance and thumbs forward grip.
• Methodology of shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
• Presentation of the semi-automatic pistol from ready pistol.
• Presentation of the semi-automatic pistol from the holster.
• Moving off the line of force.
• Threat assessment and area scanning.
• Dominating the weapon, threat and visual areas.
• Ammunition management and reloading techniques.
• Malfunction clearance drills.
• Combat gun-handling skills.
• Engaging multiple threats.
• Drugged assailant and body armor defeating drills.
• Weapon retention issues.
• Disparity of force issues.
• Use of the flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment.
• Introduction to tactical speed shooting concepts.
• Front sight proximity shooting.
• Effects of handgun projectiles on body armor and evaluation of kinetic energy transfer and back-face signature.
Course duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Course tuition: $ 125.00
Course student limit: 20
Student requirements: Firearms training equipment, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, suitable belt with holster and magazine carriers, duty pistol with at least 3 hi-capacity(10 rd.) magazines or 5 single stack magazines.
(Body armor is optional unless it is required by your agency during firearms training)
Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system and water.
Ammunition requirements: 300 rounds (minimum)