Why the Knife?
by Chris Fry
Posted: May 24, 2012
Image courtesy of Wikipedia
I was recently asked why I’m so quick to recommend a knife, not a gun, as a primary personal-protection tool. For the purposes of this article, what I mean by a “knife” is one of the very commonplace folding knives found in almost any sporting goods store, or a small fixed-blade knife. Both of these may measure 6 to 7 inches total, with 2 to 3 inches of cutting surface. Here are some general reasons why I recommend a knife:
READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE HERE
- Knives are easy to find and purchase
- Knives can be carried almost everywhere.
- Small knives are convenient to carry and conceal.
- More than one knife can be carried easily.
- A knife or knife-like object/improvised tool is possibly the most common tool found in our everyday environments at work and at home.
- Local laws do not require a permit to own and carry a small knife
Plus knives never jam and don't need reloading.