Researching gun laws around the world...
I'm always curious about gun laws and gun cultures in other countries. This leads to me doing lots of informal research online. Lately, I've mostly been looking at European & Latin American countries but I'm curious about everywhere.
The best info that I've found so far is here:
http://www.cybershooters.org/shooting_abroad.htm but I'm looking for more details and different countries than listed there.
Some bits of information I'm looking for at the moment are:
- How many handgun owners are there percentage wise, by country?
- What countries have the most "reasonable" (ie. least restrictive) laws towards guns & shooters?
- What countries "allow" armed self-defense, at least of ones home?
- What countries do not require registration & permits for firearms, even if it's only certain types of firearms? For example, I've heard that some EU countries dont require anything for .22 rifles.
- What countries requirements are for transporting firearms - ie., must be unloaded & locked out of site with ammo seperate or cannot be taken anywhere without a special permit each time the gun changes locations, etc?
Any info anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! I'm particularly interested in hearing about France, Spain, Switzerland & Italy in Europe, Costa Rica, Argentina, Chile & Uruguay in Latin America.
Thanks in advance for any help!
I heard that Romania had good gun laws and that machineguns were treated like regular guns there. I was wanting to know about international gun laws, too.
some info on various countries gun laws.