AR15.Com Archives
 Lost FOID...How to go about replacing it.
Slarti  [Team Member]
6/29/2010 4:17:57 PM EDT
If someone lost their FOID is there a process in place to report/replace it or does one just apply for a FOID?


Paid Advertisement
Lazyshooter  [Team Member]
6/29/2010 5:32:53 PM EDT
I don't know if there is an immediate replacement, if you already have a valid card, and what the procedure would be.
BTW, I have left the card at gunshops before, and had to go back and get it. It's a common place to lose the card.
NightHawkIX  [Member]
6/29/2010 5:36:49 PM EDT
Call up IL-State Police- i bet they have a procedure.
InterestedBystander  [Team Member]
6/29/2010 5:37:03 PM EDT

Questions may be directed to the ISP FOID Section by phone at 217-782-7980 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday or using the online FOID inquiry form.
Partner Content
sedahenning  [Member]
6/30/2010 5:46:34 AM EDT
From what I understand the only way to replace a lost card is to get a new one.
WPD80  [Member]
6/30/2010 6:10:29 AM EDT
The above would be correct sir, I am a Police Officer. I lost mine also awhile ago. You will have to fill out another form and send it in to ISP. I didn't like it either, but that is what I was told when I called in to the FOID section in Springfield. There should be a portion of the form where you can indicate that your previous card was lost. Hope this helps!!
Slarti  [Team Member]
6/30/2010 6:24:03 PM EDT
Thanks all for the replies...I had most of the info (contact number as such) but didn't see anything that dealt with how to replace a lost FOID. i figured it must have happened to someone else and they would know. Thanks again for the answer/suggestions.
KingC  [Member]
6/30/2010 7:13:23 PM EDT
Would it be beneficial to file a police report?
bstonemega  [Team Member]
7/1/2010 9:33:48 AM EDT
So does it mean your a felon now that you don actually have the FOID card?
sedahenning  [Member]
7/1/2010 3:50:52 PM EDT
Since the old card is not expired, the old number on the card is active until the new card is issued so you/he has an active FOID. Once the new card is activated the old card is no longer valid so no need to file a police report. Although it does havew all of your old info on it. That alone is a little scary.
silascobb  [Life Member]
7/5/2010 3:58:55 AM EDT
When my luggage was stolen back in October along with my FOID, I called up the ISP at the Springfield and I believe they annotated the old card as stolen on the computer, and then said just send in a new application. Got the new one in about a month.
mikew  [Member]
7/5/2010 5:34:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By InterestedBystander:
...using the online FOID inquiry form.

Please let me know if anyone has used this online inquiry and actually gotten a response back in a usable timeframe.

Paid Advertisement