Dean Caputo M16/AR15 Operator Diagnostic Course - Dundee, MI November 5/6, 2011
This course was specifically designed for the operator/shooter of the M16/AR15 (type) weapon system. This course will enable you to completely understand how to keep this weapon system up and running. This course covers all variants within the family of M16/AR15 (type) weapons.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the course you will know the proper maintenance, care, preventative maintenance, malfunction diagnostics, ballistics/barrel length and field repair of this weapon system including semi-auto and select fire trigger systems. You will also have a complete understanding of the cycle of operation and the fire control theory.
A factory certified MIL/LE instructor (29 year LEO) will teach this course.
This course will cover:
• History of the weapon and variants/Urban Legends
• Field Disassembly/Reassembly
• Safety Function checks for all variants
• ID of common problems & Parts
• Proper Cleaning/Issues/Preventative measures
• Limited Technical Inspection/LTI
• Gas Tube repair/cleaning issues
• Headspacing and why this is important
• Fire Control Theory
• Cycle of Operation
• Maintenance/Trouble Shooting/quick simple Diagnostics
• Malfunction solutions & Magazines/M.E.A.L.
• Accessories for various environments
• Sighting in Considerations
• Ballistics/Differences between FMC/SP/HP/Heavy loads
• Application of Specific Models
Student will need to bring:
1) His/Her M16/AR15 type rifle & magazines
2) White towel to work on (Large)
4) Large/long flat bladed screwdriver (optional)
5) 1/8” punch (optional)
6) Small hammer (optional)
Dates: November 5 and 6th, 2011. Time is TBD.
Cost: 2 Day course $275.00 ($250.00 course fee plus $25.00 Facilities Fee.)
Location: Cabelas, 110 Cabela Boulevard East, Dundee, MI 48131.
Facility fee also includes a $10.00 certificate each day to be used at Cabelas Deli towards lunch. Cabelas has an extensive wild game menu, as well as traditional American cuisine.
Checks for course fees should be made payable to Dean Caputo and mailed to me, along with a copy of your drivers license and preferred name for your certificate. Please include a valid email address with your check/copy so I can let you know it was received. $25.00 facility fee should be paid in cash the first day of class.
Message me for contact info.
I attended this back a few years ago. Money and time well spent. My personal level of understanding the AR system at that time was fairly good. I came away knowing my level was a good bit better.
As proof that we are all eternal students, there was some guy named Ned there. If someone of his caliber was taking this class we all should.
Just a bump..Dean is one of the best and doesn't come p this way very often.
Class is in a couple weeks but we still gave seats available.
I wish that I could go but it conflicts with work for me and I can't take the days off.