ILLINOIS - Spring 2005 - AR15, 1100, Win70, 3 pistols
The following were in storage, and were stolen from a private residence in Waukegan IL between December 2004 and May 2005*:
- AR-15 "H-BAR" style rifle, Gray Essential Arms lower, FN barrel (IIRC) Black A2 upper & hardware. S/N 16021
- Remington 1100 Shotgun, 12 Gauge/26, blue/wood, some "case rot" rust pitting on left side, field wear S/N L138164V
- H&R Topper Shotgun, 20 Gauge/28, blue/wood, new condition S/N AZ507938
- Winchester Model 70 "Police Special Edition", .308/24, black/synth, w/Tasco blued 3-9x40 scope G2063565
- Llama Model IIIA pistol, .380/3 (Looks like a shrunken 1911 with a vent rib on top), brown patina, S/N 344813
- Ruger Mk. 1 pistol, .22/4.5 blue, minor rust pitting S/N 12-27471
- Smith & Wesson Model 19 Combat Magnum .357/4 blue/wood, holster wear S/N 71K4169
#1 was in a Doskocil All-weather 4 latch "double scoped" rifle hard case
#2 was in a generic canvas case.
#3 was in a green padded canvas case (my son's 1st shotty)
#4 was in a Kolpin or Doskocil 3-latch single scoped rifle hard case
#5,6,7 were in a silver, brushed aluminum tool attache style case, with blue and silver "Star of life" and "ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT" labels on either side. (Don't ask)
In addition, many magazines and several holsters were with the items and are also missing.
*along with cash, items of jewelry and antiques belonging to the resident
All firearms have been listed in LEADS (Illinois Law Enforcement Agency Data System) and should show up on an NCIC/ATF query as well.
Contact Det. Schletz, Waukegan Police Department (847) 360-9000
Reference Case # 05-22479