carbinero listed some coins for sale,and I posted that I'll buy 2 AU Morgan Dollars from his list.
He replied that one of the coins wasn't AU,so I asked for a different one.He knows I am buying 2 coins,and tells me another one is AU that I asked for instead.Says he just looked at the two I am buying and they both have luster as his listing states.
I tell him OK,send me total and payment address for the USPS MO.
He replies with my total and his name and address for payment.
I tell him the USPS MO will go out the next day.I am under the impression all is GTG.
Then he sends me a message that someone else bought all the coins 10 minutes earlier
I call seller's welch here,but the seller seems to think he did nothing wrong.
Selling the coins out from under me when we agreed to sell them to me for $71 shipped warrants Negative Feedback,and I told the seller I will be posting here.
He knew that I was buying 2 coins,and if another buyer wanted them all,the right thing was for him to tell that buyer that 2 were spoken for,but the rest were available.He didn't do that.Instead,he just dropped our deal in favor of another.
Originally Posted By myco4you:...
(1) [carbinero] replied that one of the coins wasn't AU,so I asked for a different one...
(2) [carbinero finds a substitute and informs myco4u]
(3) I tell him OK,send me total and payment address for the USPS MO.
(4) He replies with my total and his name and address for payment...
(5) He knew that I was buying 2 coins,and if another buyer wanted them all,the right thing was for him to tell that buyer that 2 were spoken for,but the rest were available.He didn't do that.Instead,he just dropped our deal in favor of another.
The main disconnect is between events #2 and #3 above. myco4u Pm'd me, asking for a 1878 BU coin. I responded that the 1878 was actually XF. myco4u wanted a different coin. After I informed myco4u of a substitute (Event #2), a period of time passed before myco4u agreed to the substitute (Event #3). Buyer B confirmed a deal during that time period. This begs the question: "How long should I have waited to see if myco4u wanted the particular substitute?"
A secondary disconnect is regarding Event #4. I actually sent name and address for payment when the original offer was made (BEFORE Event #1), but myco4u didn't want one of those coins (1878 XF). So there was NO deal at that point in time. It is not factual to imply that since I sent payment info before Event #1, that confirms a potential deal in the future, which had not been specified as of yet.
A peripheral disconnect is Event #5. When Buyer B inquired about the coins, I did indeed inform that 2 were in question, and that I was waiting to hear if the 1st buyer was still interested. Buyer B responded, and said he/she would definitively buy the;, send payment info. 10 minutes later, myco4u said he/she would take them.
If, after I had made the offer for the substitute coin (Event #2) myco4u had decided he/she didn't want that particular substitute (didn't want that year or whatever), I would NOT have called that a welch. myco4u would have simply changed his/her mind before committing. Since there was no commitment (i.e. "O.K., yes, I'll take those 2; send address for payment), no deal, and no welch.
Could one of you copy and paste the im's/emails along with the time stamps? I think that'll help make a decision.
Wrong-you are a shady seller who's now trying to cloud the issue with all your smart-talk.
You knew I was buying 2 coins,and gave me the total of $70 shipped.
I didn't want the XF coin and asked for a different one.
You replied that the two I would be getting instead were AU,and the price was now $71 shipped for those two.
You gave me your payment address for the USPS Money Order,and I replied that it would go out the next day.
Then you told me someone else claimed them all 10 minutes earlier.
You make it seem like I took too much time to decide.That is crap,because this all went down in less then a days time.
Seller was impatient,and didn't care that we already had a deal.Now he's trying to use some play of words to try and weasel out of the Negative Feedback he deserves.
BTW-you didn't have to worry if I was not going to like the year or whatever of the replacement,because I was the one who told you which ones I wanted.That is not holding up the deal.I told you which ones I wanted,and you replied that you had just inspected those two and they did have luster.Then you told me they were $71 shipped,and I said fine.
I want to see all the Commo's posted with the time line, removing any Personal info of course
If there are no Commo's this is done.