Wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!
As I said in an other thread, Santa was a good man. OK, only one Christmas present but a good one.
But now for some impressions of my first range trip with the Turkish "HK 41/91". 20 years after my last contact with a real G3, the (West-) Berlin police lost the combatant status and all G3, MG3 etc., I feel totally familiar. It fits like a glove.
- Only semi auto.
- Mags must be limited to hold only 10 rounds. All original mags worked fine...
- The plastic trigger housing is not hold by a push pin. So you must be careful while disassembling the butt stock. It has the rest for the thumb like the old style metal trigger housing. This thumb rest never made a sense. The Navy style plastic one would be the better choice.
+ The smooth trigger has a short reset, much better than I know from our old G3.
+ The rear edge of the ejection port has a small rim. It may be that I don't need the brass deflector. All cases had no dents at the case mouth. But I only shot 147gr Danish surplus, some 30 years old with a very mild recoil???
––- The Danish surplus, made by their state arsenal AMA. Three rounds failed to feed properly, the bolt didn't closed fully. In the first case the bullet reached the first millimeter of the rifled part of the barrel. Pulling the cocking lever separated the round. Think I need a .308 gauge as I got ~1,000 rounds of them and had to buy some other ammo for the next range trip.
- Target groups. Can not say anything good or bad. It was a range trip with some guys of my IPSC-club (a 50m range), classic IPSC targets. Double Alpha's were no problem.
Where is this §%&&% shot gun shell?
Notice to me:
1. If you had a range trip, always charge the camera batteries before.
2. Find that dammed recharger!