AR15.Com Archives
 SIG 556 SCM stock tube removal?
Palman  [Member]
10/24/2009 8:20:19 AM EDT
Gents-Need some do I remove the A2 style stock extention tube from the look like a locked, non threaded assembly; I'd like to replace the stock/tube with a tube that I could add a sling adapted lock plate & new stock-any suggestions? Thanks
Paid Advertisement
SUNDOG  [Member]
11/15/2009 7:22:10 AM EDT
There's gotta be someone who lives in a AWB state who has done this??? A buddy who lives in a AWB state wants to buy an 556SCM and asked me the same question but neither of us have access to an anybody know???
Leon82  [Team Member]
11/20/2009 12:46:59 AM EDT
unscrew from the back like a regular a2 tube. mine was aluminum and had a little loctite on it if i remember correctly. i replaced it with an ACE tube with no problems.

the tube has the sae thread on the extension and a metric thread which holds the a2 stock on.
jjsinger  [Member]
11/22/2009 4:57:21 PM EDT
The 556 uses standard AR-15 buffer tubes . If You want to swap out the A2 stock to a collapsible type stock You need to order the AR-15 carbine endplate , castle nut , carbine buffer tube and then the stock of Your choice . Brownell's or Midway has all the parts You need . Also buy the spanner wrench for the castle nut , it makes life easier and it's only like $12 . Since You're in a AWB state You're going to have to pin that stock in place also
Partner Content
Paid Advertisement