A buddy and I started a couple of Rommy G builds back in September and worked on them when we could. Today we finished.
Mine is the top one and buddies is the other. Rommy G kits with orig unfired barrels, bent AKBuilder flats, rivets, usual 922r parts. Receivers were finished with duracoat (Colt Grey). Metal is orig park with Caswells black oxide over it to even out the finish. The top one had a lot of rubbing with 0000 wool and the caswells. Wood is dark walnut stain with many coats of tung oil and 2 coats of wax. This is my 3rd Rommy build so I put some extra elbow grease into the finish on the stock and metal. My buddy wanted his to look more like issue. And the best part, now I can get back to work on the Garands!!!!
they look great. good job
Excellent work, I'd be proud of myself.
Excellent builds. You guys did great work.
I've always had great success when taking my time and using ak-builder parts & tools.
That is excellent work! That is a nice pair of AKM's.