Looking for a barrel with these specs:
CL, not SS for longevity
Pretty close to mil-spec I suppose.
Something like this looks really nice, except I don't want SS. Not sure if I want 1-7 or 1-8 twist rate, I want 62gr and up.
Not sure if I want full length gas system.
Here is the real question, did the search, read the sites but still don't get it –– does it make more sense to get the whole upper or just the barrel? I don't really have an issue with my upper. What exactly do I get with their upper, barrel aside?
Complete White Oak Armament CMP Upper
· Select grade receiver, bolt carrier, and headspaced bolt
· Stainless Steel 1-7 twist White Oak Precision barrel
· Wylde chamber
· 11º target crown
· Windage adjustable front sight base for mechanical zeroing
· White Oak Precision CMP legal float tube
· White Oak Precision thermo set hand guards
· Choice of .052", .062", or .072" NM front sight post
· Comes complete with three hoods, .038", .042", and .046"
· Choice of 1/2 x 1/2 OR 1/4 x 1/4 min rear sight
· Every upper is test fired and zeroed prior to shipping
SPECIAL PURPOSE RIFLE (SPR) Match Barrel
White Oak Armament SPECIAL PURPOSE RIFLE (SPR) Match Barrel
This SPR .223mm barrel is the product of the Army's Squad Designated Marksman Rifle Development Program, which was assigned the task of improving the accuracy of the standard issue rifle against targets out to 600 meters. This would allow the valued marksman or sniper the ability to stay concealed within the squad by carrying a weapon that looked similar to the rest. It was found that by carrying a dissimilar rifle, he had become an easily recognizable high-priority target. We offer this barrel to the tactical user or casual shooter interested in the ability hit distant targets with issued or mag length ammunition.
· 18 inch 1-7 twist Match Grade Stainless Steel barrel
· Chambered to give excellent performance and reliability with a wide variety of ammo
· Light weight contour ( total weight of 41 ounces )
· 1/2x28 threaded muzzle to accept standard .223 flash hider or muzzle brake
· Choice of Rifle or Mid-Length gas system
· Choice of Standard or M-4 Ramped Barrel extensions
I had a woa barrel in one of my builds. It was middy and shot under 1/2 MOA with 75 tap ammo. My upper was a complete CMT other than the barrel, I used a yhm freefloated rail and was good to go. If you like you current upper just rebarrel I think you'll be very happy.