AR15.Com Archives
 Is DD 217 still issued?
Voodoo17  [Team Member]
12/24/2010 4:21:57 AM EST
Older vets; Does any branch still give a DD 217 on discharge? Mine is falling apart from carry.
Paid Advertisement
PEPPER45ACP  [Team Member]
12/25/2010 6:34:52 PM EST
DD214 is still issued. Just go VA and ask to get copys or go to the National Archives and request records copy
Hope this helps.
Military Records
Voodoo17  [Team Member]
12/27/2010 7:31:32 AM EST
I have my DD 214 but am trying to replace my worn out DD 217 AF. The National Personel Center says that they do not issue a DD 217. Just wondering if the modern military does use the DD 217. I belive that it is called a "Discharge Certificate". My DD 214 is needed to get a CCW in the city of Phila., PA.
ArmyLifer  [Member]
12/27/2010 1:37:57 PM EST
The Army currently uses a DD256A: "Honorable Discharge" certificate.

If a DD 256A will suffice, I can square you away with one. (just provide a copy of your DD214).
Voodoo17  [Team Member]
12/28/2010 4:18:23 AM EST
I'll see what the USAF uses. Thanks.
Paid Advertisement