SMITH & WESSON M&P15 MOE FDE Mid MAGPUL Spec Series Rifle Auction to benefit an LEO in need.
Magpul Industries and Smith & Wesson
both graciously donated this rifle to aid in our fundraising efforts for Sgt. Chris Schmad. Rifle is new, never fired, and was removed from the box only for photos. Rifle has FDE furniture. Includes Magpul Dynamics Art of the Tactical Carbine DVD series 1&2.
MSRP $1259.00 ––––- Minimum bid $1260 (see rules below)
Pictures coming soon! In the meantime, check out the rifle on Smith & Wesson’s website.
ALL proceeds of this donated rifle’s final auction price go to Police Sgt. Chris Schmad for costs associated with his liver transplant.
Sgt. Chris Schmad has been privately battling Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) for over 9 years with only the support of his immediate family and close friends. While fighting this disease, Chris served as a SWAT Sniper, Department Firearms Coordinator, Firearms Instructor, and Patrol Supervisor. In 2011, Chris received news from his doctors that, due to the damaging effects of PSC, he would require a liver transplant in 2012. Chris has chosen to obtain a new liver through a live donor transplant. Due to outward signs of his illness becoming apparent to those around him, Chris exposed his illness and need for a liver transplant to family, friends, and coworkers. Chris does have health insurance, but the liver transplant procedure will force his family to endure many ongoing out-of-pocket expenses. Chris' wife will also be out of work unpaid for several months as she cares for Chris post-surgery. Chris, a husband and father of two children, has proudly served the community and the law enforcement family for over 20 years. Now as a supervisor, Chris mentors those that choose to serve. Let's all give back to Chris to thank him for what he has given to us!
AUCTION RULES: starting bid is $1260
1. You must be legally able to purchase and possess a rifle to bid.
2. Post your bid amount in this thread. Bid increases must be whole dollar amounts of at least $10
3. Please post only if you are making a bid. If you have questions about the auction please email them to me. If you would like to send words of encouragement to Chris, please email them to me. My hope is to keep the thread streamlined and easy for folks to make a bid without reading through comments, questions, etc.
4. Upon closing of bids, the winner will be notified by email and posted in the thread. Winning bid is the last bid placed on the thread on March 15, 2012 prior to 7:00pm (MST). AR15.com date and time on your post is the official clock in this auction. Winner must then arrange for payment with me and provide an FFL to receive shipment of the rifle from my FFL, DAWN MOUNTAIN GUNWORKS, and complete all associated paperwork for the legal transfer of the rifle. Payment must be USPS money order, check, etc., but no credit cards as I have no way to accept them. Winner will have one week from closing of auction to arrange payment. After one week, the next highest bidder will be next in line for the rifle, and I will move down the list if needed following the same parameters. Rifle will ship from Dawn Mountain Gunworks the same week that payment is received.
5. Failure to abide by these rules will result in your ineligibility to participate.
Magpul Industries and Smith & Wesson for the donation of this rifle!
Mike Saylor, the owner of DAWN MOUNTAIN GUNWORKS in Berthoud, Colorado (303.249.7055), for providing FFL assistance with this great cause.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION TO HELP CHRIS follow the link below
Good luck and tell Chris we are thinking of him.
While I would love to have the rifle and the auction is absolutely for a good cause, I cannot afford to outbid Dr Drake.
Is there is a link to where I could donate some money towards him and his recovery? I realize I may be the only person who is not local to him or does not know him wishing to do so, but maybe others will chip in as well.
I've never met him or anyone who knows him personally, but I'm a cop as well with two young daughters and third one on the way. There but for the grace of God.....
I certainly dont want to derail this thread or anything like that, and I hope that posting something like a link for donations doesnt violate the CoC in anyway, so please check with the Mods/Staff to ensure it doesnt.
Thanks, and God bless anyone and everyone involved in helping a brother out in a time of need...
I just made a donation.
Hotlinked for the lazy like me.
Thank you lpdsniper and to Magpul/S&W and to Dr Drake for helping out and promoting this.
Good luck Chris...
DRAKE IS THE WINNER. AUCTION CLOSED.