[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#3]
Took me forever to get a survey because all the rain. But moving ahead now
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
We just closed on 5 acres in north Mobile County Al.
It's on a county paved road, power and water at the street. We will have to have a septic tank installed.
We plan on moving our 5th wheel RV to the property to live in while we build, or have one built, a tiny house.
I will retire I'm two months and it will just be me and my wife.
Our plan is to live in tiny house and if kids or grandkids want to visit they can stay in RV.
I look forward to your progress on this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kroc61:
We just closed on 5 acres in north Mobile County Al.
It's on a county paved road, power and water at the street. We will have to have a septic tank installed.
We plan on moving our 5th wheel RV to the property to live in while we build, or have one built, a tiny house.
I will retire I'm two months and it will just be me and my wife.
Our plan is to live in tiny house and if kids or grandkids want to visit they can stay in RV.
I look forward to your progress on this.
View Quote

I highly recommend you not build a true “tiny house”. Now a small house…..yes nothing wrong with that. The tiny house movement was neat but most people who build one….tire of it quickly.

If budget is limited, built a small home on a slab. Metal barn siding. Metal roof. Heavy insulation. 2 bed and 2 bath and both can have just showers. 2 baths are better than one in case something fails and 1 bathroom is out of commission for a little while. Open floor plan and since you are in AL, mini split heat pumps to heat and cool the house.

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:31:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kroc61] [#7]
Thanks for the comments.
Yeah most tiny houses are around 400 sq ft or smaller.
We planning on around 800 sq ft. Which is tiny compared to the house we are selling.
I guess a small house would be more appropriate.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the comments.
We planning on around 800 sq ft. Which is tiny compared to the house we are selling.
Thanks.
View Quote

800 sounds fine. My first house was 950 sq ft and was fine to live in for 1-3 people.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the comments.
Thanks.
View Quote
The whole "tiny house" thing, like on the TV show was silly.  They had people building the things for mega bucks for the size, everything was cool and custom but people were still living in 400 square feet.  Most of them wer limited to the trailer they had.

If I was single I'd be looking at about 800 square feet.  My current house is 1400, we're going with around 1200, on a slab.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top