Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2024 11:39:07 AM EDT
Pounding The Prairies: KC Ep 121: I love hunting coyotes. However, I have a special place in my heart for the prairies of the Midwest.

Pounding The Prairies: KC Ep 121
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Another awesome video

Thanks for bringing us along
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome as always, congrats and thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome as usual!. Thanks for sharing.

On the pair that came in hard at the beginning, if you had the caller playing, how do you like to handle those hard chargers?  Do you lower the volume as they get closer? Just mute the call at some point, or let it play on?  I realize there no approach that works every time, just curious what you have found to be the best for you Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Another great hunt.

That runner around the 4:00 mark thought that he was far enough away to stop and take a listen.  He was wrong.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:34:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bcturkeynut:
Awesome as usual!. Thanks for sharing.

On the pair that came in hard at the beginning, if you had the caller playing, how do you like to handle those hard chargers?  Do you lower the volume as they get closer? Just mute the call at some point, or let it play on?  I realize there no approach that works every time, just curious what you have found to be the best for you Thanks
View Quote
I will typically lower the volume once I see them a bit as I am hunting wide open prairies and usually am calling fairly loud. However, a lot depends on the wind and sound I’m using. My usual process is to stop the sound when they are at about 150 to 200 yards if they are coming in at a controlled pace. If they are hard chargers, I will usually stop the sound already at about 300 yards. I have a barking sound on my call that is pre-programmed as a hot button on my foxpro remote. I will use that to stop them if they aren’t slowing up. This is my usual process.

Korey
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bud:
Another great hunt.

That runner around the 4:00 mark thought that he was far enough away to stop and take a listen.  He was wrong.  
View Quote
I was starting to worry that it was not going to stop. It acted like it was going to, but it just kept going further and further away.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
What area in Nodak?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch] [#8]
Originally Posted By hardcase:
What area in Nodak?
View Quote
I typically hunt Central and Eastern ND which is usually considered a tougher hunt than the Western part of the state. I also hunt Northern SD.
Top Top