Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2024 9:03:11 AM EDT
The Sig Cross Magnum in .300 Win Mag was released a few months back and I haven't seen much regarding the gun other than a handful of youtube reviews.  Has anyone here purchased one or put in some decent triggertime behind one?  I've owned a .308 Cross for a few years now and will probably buy the Magnum later this year before WA elk season kicks off, I'd love to hear some feedback in the meantime.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Same also interested if anyone has some experience with it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Check over on snipershide
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I was excited about it but they don’t seem to be putting much effort in it. Only one chambering and barrel length. A little heavier than I had hoped.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SoVa:
I was excited about it but they don’t seem to be putting much effort in it. Only one chambering and barrel length. A little heavier than I had hoped.
View Quote

As long as it's not as heavy as the PRS Cross rifles I'll be OK.  Hopefully Proof Research will crank out barrels for it like they do the regular Cross rifles.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:

As long as it's not as heavy as the PRS Cross rifles I'll be OK.  Hopefully Proof Research will crank out barrels for it like they do the regular Cross rifles.
View Quote

I have been looking since they were announced and haven’t seen one in stock anywhere, haven’t seen a review from any of the YouTube guys. I did see a CF barrel model with a shorter handguard in a video from NRA show but didn’t see a price and it’s not on the site yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SoVa:

I have been looking since they were announced and haven’t seen one in stock anywhere, haven’t seen a review from any of the YouTube guys. I did see a CF barrel model with a shorter handguard in a video from NRA show but didn’t see a price and it’s not on the site yet.
View Quote

Sig Sauer Cross: NEW Sawtooth Series! [Hunt365]

New calibers coming with Proof barrels
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WTR_Warlord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8JYPA58hKQ

New calibers coming with Proof barrels
View Quote

Now I want that one!
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I just read the meateater article about it, and have begun lusting over it as well. I think it's on my short list, but I'd love to find some more information. Looks like everything I want in a dual purpose hunting/tactical rifle. All things considered, the weight looks about perfect for a lighter tactical rifle, even if it is a bit heavy for a hubting rifle.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Is 8.5lbs really that heavy for a 24" .300WM though?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By brazos609:
Is 8.5lbs really that heavy for a 24" .300WM though?
View Quote

For a folding hunting rifle, not really.  For a tactical rifle it's perfect.
Top Top