Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2024 6:17:21 PM EDT
So far this thing has been a nightmare, my first one broke right out of the box so I got a replacement gun. I had the safety harbor kes stock which didn't fit either so I sent it back. Ordered the Magpul sl not realizing it doesn't fit the k models. I'm not opposed to a folder at this point but also don't want to spend  a ton of money. Yeah before anyone says I should have got an HK know this is going to get hacked up for a fa pack which will be more questions for another time (07). What has worked for you guys

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#1]
I have a B&T folder for my AP5-P that I’m pretty happy with.
It was a tight fit initially but looked like it just needed a few taps with a mallet and now it works great.

Attachment Attached File

I got an HK MP5-SP5 Retractable Buttstock for my AP-5 that is nice but I really wish I’d just gotten a B&T folder for that too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, appreciate it. This is the second stock I'm sending back, one broken gun and a Magpul drum lol. I'm sick of returning stuff
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced option and like a classic look the Choate MP5K stock is available at HKparts.  It’s basically the same one that they supply to HK minus the logo and ridiculous up charge.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a choate on mine, no issues.
Will probably add more stocks in the future
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weapons_free] [#6]
Keep the ideas coming please. Think I'll end up with a folder instead of collapsible
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
What part didn't fit?
I had issues with the lower pin on my p.

Something that became obvious when i put a navy style grip on it...
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a UMP length folder on one of my K size.  Thats my favorite one.
I also have a the B&T collapsible one here.  Its very well made.  Pretty pricey. And its a tad shorter than I'd like.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gibbles:
What part didn't fit?
I had issues with the lower pin on my p.

Something that became obvious when i put a navy style grip on it...
View Quote

The kes collapsible was super tight in the receiver and pins didn't line up. The Magpul is a single pin that I didn't notice until it showed up. I think one of the shop hks has the b&t folder so I'll try that next week if it does
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I started with the Safety Harbor on mine but found it was too short and wound up with the Choate folder. I am very happy with that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
How's the choate vs the b&t folders for cheek weld, fit on ap5p and overall actual shooting
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a feeling you have the same problem i did.
The reciever pin is probably off.

I bought a navy lower that didn't fit, they sent me a second that had the same issue.
I finally did some filing both on the grip lower and on the reciever until i found some middle ground.

Afterwards the brace and anything else i stuck on the back fit, still tight but it fit.

The kes is awesome imo, get a navy sef housing and do some slow work.
Afterwards everything will fit.

Scary to mod the reciever pin holes though...
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a B&T on a Bobcat.  If it'll fit on that no problem, it will definately fit on a K built to spec.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gibbles:
I have a feeling you have the same problem i did.
The reciever pin is probably off.

I bought a navy lower that didn't fit, they sent me a second that had the same issue.
I finally did some filing both on the grip lower and on the reciever until i found some middle ground.

Afterwards the brace and anything else i stuck on the back fit, still tight but it fit.

The kes is awesome imo, get a navy sef housing and do some slow work.
Afterwards everything will fit.

Scary to mod the reciever pin holes though...
View Quote

I'll be hacking stuff up anyway lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
The backplates are different - Choate doesn't use the HK backplate on theirs.
View Quote

Thanks for that information.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By weapons_free:

I'll be hacking stuff up anyway lol
View Quote

Some advice, don't modify the new lower, just mod the receiver hole until it lines up with the new lower.

The rear lower pin hole is pretty much supported by the lower housing and the top pin.

Once the end cap or stock is installed, the receiver part doesn't do much beyond maybe some additional support.

If i had to do it over again, i wouldn't touch the lower housing beyond making room for the sear block, that is.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I've gone through a few different folders on mine trying to find the juuuust right one.

I started with a B&T because it was "plug and play" into the SBT brace endcap I was already using (I ordered the B&T stock w/o the endcap from their website).

Then I went with a 1913 endcap and bolted on a PMM Kat Moss-style stock w/ Sig folding mechanism I had mounted on my Sig556 SBR...

Next I tried an airsoft JMAC stock clone...the stock was pretty much indistinguishable from my real JMAC stock, and the folding mechanism was steel (although not quite as robust as the Sig mechanism). The LOP was just a little too short for me.

My current set up is an airsoft Sig Minimalist stock clone with real Sig folding mechanism. The stock is indistinguishable from an actual Sig stock I've handled.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weapons_free] [#18]
https://hkparts.net/all-parts/choate-mp5k-sp89-sp5k-9mm-folding-stock/

https://bt-parts.com/bt-20151-2-us-b-t-foldable-stock-for-hk-mp5k-us-version/

these are the two you guys suggested right? i really dont want to return a third stock lol

thanks

if anyone has either that will work for my gun they want to sell shoot me a message
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#19]
https://hkparts.net/all-parts/choate-mp5k-sp89-sp5k-9mm-folding-stock/

https://bt-parts.com/bt-20151-2-us-b-t-foldable-stock-for-hk-mp5k-us-version/

these are the two you guys suggested right? i really dont want to return a third stock lol

thanks

if anyone has either that will work for my gun they want to sell shoot me a message
View Quote

The B&T is the one I got.

(Oops, posted a link to a similar but different stock.)

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I went with the HK PDW side folder, 100% glad I did.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#21]
How's the choate vs the b&t folders for cheek weld, fit on ap5p and overall actual shooting
View Quote

The B&t has a better cheekweld than the choate. The choate is a bit smaller than the b&t when folded. The choate has the classic PDW look. The b&t lockup is a bit better and usually has less wobble between the backplate and reciever than the choate.
I had both but ended up swapping the choate stock out for the HK marked Choate stock. The fit into the receiver is tighter, better lockup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top