Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2024 2:23:08 PM EDT
Just as it says, if I wanted a flintlock kit, but not kibler, what are the choices, track of the wolf?  Or, if not a kit, what is the fully-built choice for $2-3000, or is it even possible to get a good flintlock for that amount?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Check Dixie Gunworks,I used to get lots of stuff from them.
Another good source was The Log cabin shop.
I've been wanting a Kibler myself,any particular reason to shy away from them?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Before Jim Kibler, Jim Chamber's kits [ LINK ] were the benchmark standards. I looked over a Chambers kit really closely at the Knoxville show last month. Kibler is the way to go.

My issue is I would like a "Woodsrunner-esque" caplock rifle for my next project. I doubt Kibler will ever offer anything in a percussion version, so I am looking around like OP is, and not liking my options. I'll prob just wind up building from a plank.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:34:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WI_Bill] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DragonGuard:
Check Dixie Gunworks,I used to get lots of stuff from them.
Another good source was The Log cabin shop.
I've been wanting a Kibler myself,any particular reason to shy away from them?
View Quote

Sent you an IM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top