BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/11/2024 5:48:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZW17]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Would never trust someone with that beard.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tallahasseezz:
View Quote

You kind of have a point…

If true, fuck that guy.  Hate trespassers and poachers, but scammers are even worse, and he apparently is all 3.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I was always raised to hunt for meat rather than antlers, but gawtDAMN what a monster. Too bad the kid's apparently a piece of shit. If the charges end up valid I say kick his ass out of the I Can Legally Hunt Club for good. Fucking jackasses doing all of us a disservice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#4]
Long range shooting skills can be handy if you can spot and range the parked ATVs of shit stains like him.

returning from a stalk to find a stray shot to your ride’s cast aluminum bottom end ruining your day of ‘hunting’ is a risk you take when trespassing
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:
Long range shooting skills can be handy if you can spot and range the parked ATVs of shit stains like him.

returning from a stalk to find a stray shot to your ride’s cast aluminum bottom end ruining your day of ‘hunting’ is a risk you take when trespassing
View Quote

In Minecraft, right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe he's a poacher, or maybe Ohio is taking a page from the West Virginia playbook.

https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2022/11/24/officers-lose-their-trophies-they-chose-poorly/
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#7]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

In Minecraft, right?
View Quote

sure, or PacMan, as that is about how long ago I stopped playing games
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I’d be curious how he actually took the deer

Example:  shot it out in a field while road hunting then claimed he used a crossbow
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#9]
That’s an interesting way they have of calculating fines for trophy animals.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a fuckhead
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#11]
In before the guys complaining about “Muh King’s deer!”
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like misdemeanor trespassing
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like a methbilly
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#15]
So what made them question the kill from the start? Is there a fenced in pay to hunt place down the road with big bucks he took it from or???
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Maybe he's a poacher, or maybe Ohio is taking a page from the West Virginia playbook.

https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2022/11/24/officers-lose-their-trophies-they-chose-poorly/
View Quote

Yeah, the stories I've seen seem very vague on details. I'll wait till I hear the full story.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspyro21] [#17]
Originally Posted By AttachedFile:
So what made them question the kill from the start? Is there a fenced in pay to hunt place down the road with big bucks he took it from or???
View Quote
The few cases I know that sound similar are along the lines of hunter says the deer was killed at X spot, but someone has photos of it 20 miles away an hour before.

Also, never underestimate the jealousy of some people who aren't happy at what other people kill. Then there's those who think that because they've never killed a buck that big, the hunter must have done it illegally.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:
The few cases I know that sound similar are along the lines of hunter says the deer was killed at X spot, but someone has photos of it 20 miles away an hour before.

Also, never underestimate the jealousy of some people who aren't happy at what other people kill. Then there's those who think that because they've never killed a buck that big, the hunter must have done it illegally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's kinda why I ask. How does jealousy or such validate getting a warrant? What were the grounds for a judge giving the ok for a warrant? I understand someone seeing it on a trail cam or something the same day some distance away.

Not directed at you and not defending the guy, just curiosity.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Yep, no mustache is an automatic guilty.

Curious did he actually harvest it with a crossbow or did he take it with a firearm?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Possible someone saw the photo and recognized their "pet deer."
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Lol, he still shot a record buck…
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#22]
View Quote

Ohio uses an Etag system. I highly suspect that tips off ODNR via location data. That and metadata via pictures, social media, etc.

Get a warrant for cell phone location data for the time of the kill, and bam…
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I hate to judge a book by its cover, but I’m not gonna lie, he’s got that “look” for sure.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I would love to see the probable cause affidavits for their search warrants.

I bet it's so bad that it even begins with misspelled words.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#25]

That's kinda why I ask. How does jealousy or such validate getting a warrant? What were the grounds for a judge giving the ok for a warrant? I understand someone seeing it on a trail cam or something the same day some distance away.

View Quote

Warrant was probably issued due to metadata from phone pics.  Dnr has people that specialize in looking at Facebook for just that reason.  If you’re going to poach deer, don’t take pictures.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

Curious did he actually harvest it with a crossbow or did he take it with a firearm?
View All Quotes

Bet he had a bow if he was used to trespassing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Lol no.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Mine won’t connect with my beard and looks all French and stuff. But I wouldn’t poach deer for horns, that’s gay as fuck
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

People lie. Someone calls in a fake tip or law enforcement claims to have a confidential informant with info about poaching.

Deer hunting makes people do crazy things like poaching or swatting someone.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#30]
It's a single fucking deer.

If you are reading this and want to tax, arrest or shoot someone over a shooting a wild animal that isn't rare or on the verge of extinction, you need to look in the mirror and seek God.

Tyrants everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RandyBroshankle:

If you are reading this and want to tax, arrest or shoot someone over a shooting a wild animal that isn't rare or on the verge of extinction, you need to look in the mirror and seek God.

Tyrants everywhere.
View Quote
It probably has to do with the fact that those wildlife management laws are what brought them back from the brink of extinction once already.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

This.  Nowadays with as many cameras as there are in the woods a highly recognizable deer like that is on someone’s radar.  If you shoot it and put it in the newspaper and say you shot it in a certain area and someone else has it a couple of hours earlier at a feeder twenty miles away on camera, there’s a good chance they’re making a phone call.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Typical midwest scumbag cOuNTrY fOLk
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye33] [#34]
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:

View Quote

It’s amazing what a 12 Ga slug does to an ATV engine. In Minecraft of course. Poachers suck.
I don’t know if this was a clean and legal kill. I do know that the only way you can get a deer like that without a whole bunch of trouble is if you own the property it was taken on. As said any swinging dick within 50 miles that had a picture of that deer on a trail camera is screaming that “their” deer was poached or something like that. It’s bullshit like this that take the fun out of hunting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#35]

In Minecraft, right?
View Quote

Best case if I found a trespasser’s ATV on my land it becomes mine. Worst case it catches some AP to the engine. Because shit happens while I’m shooting on my land. I’m not one to call the police but if I did the sheriff’s deputies and fish cops around my land take a dim view of trespassing/poaching. Video games be damned.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#36]

In Minecraft, right?
View Quote

Best case if I found a trespasser’s ATV on my land it becomes mine. Worst case it catches some AP to the engine. Because shit happens while I’m shooting on my land. I’m not one to call the police but if I did the sheriff’s deputies and fish cops around my land take a dim view of trespassing/poaching. Video games be damned.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#38]
It'll be interesting to see how this one goes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:50:27 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Looking up the case, it had a summary judgment entered in the lawsuit on May 3rd. Zero updates on his blog...

What was the outcome of the lawsuit?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:46:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

Ohio uses an Etag system. I highly suspect that tips off ODNR via location data. That and metadata via pictures, social media, etc.

View Quote

I’d bet money Missouri’s conservation app does this even though I was assured it doesn’t.  Public spot I bow hunted for over a decade changed the rules one year that you could only use “antlered” tags even if you shot a doe. Didn’t catch the change and stuck a doe and tagged it as antlerless (on the app) before I field dressed it. Agent was waiting for me at the parking to make me check the correct tag.  Never saw an agent on that property before or since but that day he just happened to be there when I  was the only one hunting.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:51:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
It probably has to do with the fact that those wildlife management laws are what brought them back from the brink of extinction once already.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
Originally Posted By RandyBroshankle:

Tyrants everywhere.

And also the fact that he was on someone else’s property trespassing.  And then instead of slinking in the shadows like a normal crook, tries to take the glory for his kill.  Scummy as hell…
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:01:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#42]
It's a deer. Who gives a flying fuck? They should be on the extinction list. Why we allow these things to wander into highways and destroy property is an enigma to me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

This happened here a few year ago. I stopped hunting cause of work schedule.  I gave a couple guys I know permission to hunt my land. They sent me pictures of a massive buck for our area. They had trail cams all over the place and would post pics on Facebook.

One early morning guy shows up at the gas station, with a massive buck. Said it was one shot and it dropped .it was the same deer as the other guys had on camera. Dude even posted where he shot it on Facebook.  

Buddies check trail cams and there is asshole at 430am on there cams on my land.  His own pics were time stamped and matched the trail cams.

The game wardens were not amused. It cost him a lot.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Imagine if people were this passionate, involved and determined to fix real problems.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:42:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: georgiaboy] [#45]

View Quote
Or, someone has spent time, effort, and money managing a property to hunt.  Buying or leasing a property; putting in the time and money to put in stands, food plots, and feeders; paying taxes on the land; the list goes forever, just to have some trespassing shitstain come in and kill animals you've put the work in to develop.  That tends to piss folks off.  Jealousy has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

I bet the OnX app is snitching on poachers.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:52:47 AM EDT
[#47]
I just quickly read over the article, seems like trespassing at best. Just seems like the government is trying really hard to put felonies on “regular folk”.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By georgiaboy:
Or, someone has spent time, effort, and money managing a property to hunt.  Buying or leasing a property; putting in the time and money to put in stands, food plots, and feeders; paying taxes on the land; the list goes forever, just to have some trespassing shitstain come in and kill animals you've put the work in to develop.  That tends to piss folks off.  Jealousy has nothing to do with it.
View Quote

An old, old boss of mine at the Calloway nuke plant was into class III stuff.  He said the surest way to deter poachers on his land at night was to load up a BAR mag with all tracers, point it in the general direction of the woods….at night….and let ‘er rip.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:38:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Oldgold] [#49]
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:
I’d be curious how he actually took the deer

Example:  shot it out in a field while road hunting then claimed he used a crossbow
View Quote

I am too. Fish cops are about as reliable as the Government in telling lies. I’ve been on a grand jury case with them presenting evidence.  They are not trustworthy.

If it had been a doe, nobody would care what he did.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#50]
While I can understand how the charges, if proven, would and should prevent awarding credit for taking the buck going to the man, I don't believe such crimes, if proven, somehow make the buck smaller, lighter, or have a less impressive set of antlers.

The buck committed no crimes and his record of being a record should remain if all the measurements were certified by honest snd qualified third parties and/or officials. Possibly, the buck could of became an even bigger record if he were not taken in an allegedly illegal manner.

I would imagine the uncredited record size would need an asterisk next to his record so as not to affect the standing of records of hunters who complied with all hunting regulations at the time.

However, I do think the records of hunters and animals may need a decoupling and should be listed separately. I doubt investigations were as thorough in the past and were most likely limited to simple things like actual possession of a license and method of kill. Things like time of kill during legal hours and GPS tracking data would have been difficult to prove or nonexistent in the past.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top