User Panel

Page / 5
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WackbiscuitThorazine:
No

But if I get interested in collecting needlessly complex, mechanically outdated, tactically obsolete the day it was first produced, generally inaccurate, inconvenient to accessorize rifles that have shitty aftermarket mags and are outclassed by literally every single rifle that handles that cartridge I will certainly consider it.
View Quote

I find the people who use the phrase "needlessly complex" when they describe the Mini-14 to be ignorant of the mechanical construction of the rifle.

The total number of parts in the Mini-14 probably is lower than that of an AR-15.  Better yet, the number of parts the user must handle during normal maintenance is lower than that of an AR-15.

That said, the Mini-14 is a rifle that was designed BEFORE the AR-15 became popular with civilian shooters.  Judging the Mini-14 against rifles designed and introduced to the commercial market 30 years after the Mini-14 is a bit unfair.   It would be like judging a Model 1898 Krag rifle against an M1 Garand.

Yes, there are rifles that are more accurate and more reliable in adverse conditions than the Mini-14, but one can still appreciate the Mini-14 for what it is through the prism of when it was designed/introduced.

And yeah, the old ones, with a cold barrel, are probably only a 2-3MOA gun.  Once they heat up, that opens up to 6MOA.  That's still good enough for minute of criminal self-defense.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AZJeff:

I find the people who use the phrase "needlessly complex" when they describe the Mini-14 to be ignorant of the mechanical construction of the rifle.

The total number of parts in the Mini-14 probably is lower than that of an AR-15.  Better yet, the number of parts the user must handle during normal maintenance is lower than that of an AR-15.

That said, the Mini-14 is a rifle that was designed BEFORE the AR-15 became popular with civilian shooters.  Judging the Mini-14 against rifles designed and introduced to the commercial market 30 years after the Mini-14 is a bit unfair.   It would be like judging a Model 1898 Krag rifle against an M1 Garand.

Yes, there are rifles that are more accurate and more reliable in adverse conditions than the Mini-14, but one can still appreciate the Mini-14 for what it is through the prism of when it was designed/introduced.

And yeah, the old ones, with a cold barrel, are probably only a 2-3MOA gun.  Once they heat up, that opens up to 6MOA.  That's still good enough for minute of criminal self-defense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
No

But if I get interested in collecting needlessly complex, mechanically outdated, tactically obsolete the day it was first produced, generally inaccurate, inconvenient to accessorize rifles that have shitty aftermarket mags and are outclassed by literally every single rifle that handles that cartridge I will certainly consider it.

I agree that “needlessly complex” is a pretty bad description of the Mini-14.

But, your dates are way out of whack, too. The Mini-14 came out in 1973, so it was a full decade behind the 1963 commercial release of the AR, and at least 15 years behind the design timeline. It’s a completely fair comparison.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

But, your dates are way out of whack, too. The Mini-14 came out in 1973, so it was a full decade behind the 1963 commercial release of the AR, and at least 15 years behind the design timeline. It’s a completely fair comparison.
View Quote

Yes, the AR-15 was offered commercially by Colt in 1963.....and virtually NOBODY bought them.

I am old enough to remember both of them being for sale in the 1970's.  I bought one of each, and I was the only guy I knew for YEARS that had the Colt.  It was considered an oddity, and also it was the "rifle that jammed in Viet Nam" which no doubt delayed their acceptance by the American consumer.

I suspect Ruger chose to design an autoloading .223 rifle that mimicked the appearance/function of the M1 carbine, which WAS immensely popular with the civilian market in the 1960's.   In other words, I don't think Ruger was trying to go "toe to toe" with Colt at the time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:27:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#4]

He’s still not wrong about most of that.

Allow me to go back 35 years. I had been using a Colt M16A2 as a National Guardsman for a few years and developed a fondness for it, having got past all of the SUBSTANTIAL negativity surrounding the M16/AR15 platform at the time. I wanted to buy a commercial model for myself. But it’s 1989, and some crazy retard just shot up a school playground in CA. So the military pattern semi-auto pickings are getting pretty slim. Colt ARs in particular. Olympic Arms ARs and Mini-14s are occasionally found, but I wanted the real deal. In the spring of 1990 Colt ARs start trickling out into distribution again and I finally find one on a dealers shelf, a R6550k, and couldn’t get my wallet out fast enough. For $800 + tax, it was mine. And what a joy it was and continues to be. Adjusted for inflation, that would be about $2,000 today. Holy shit. But I never once questioned or regretted that purchase.

That summer a friend who was a bit more budget minded bought a Mini-14. They cost about $400 back then, so it seemed like a pretty good deal at half the cost of a Colt AR. I got to handle it and shoot it. It wasn’t a total POS or anything, but it was obviously far less accurate than the AR, it didn’t have the feel, handling or performance of more modern designs and the magazines, higher capacity ones in particular, were far less common and much more expensive. I had given them a little  consideration, but after that experience I never had any desire for one again.

People were customizing and accessorizing their guns back then, but nowhere near to the extent that they do now, so the aftermarket was kind of a wash between what was available between the two platforms. But there is absolutely no question about which one went on to dominate thanks to a modern, modular design that lends itself to modifications incredibly well.

Probably the biggest things in favor of the Mini are the classic design, traditional non-threatening appearance and retro factor. But these days with the Fightlite SCR and similar designs available that combine AR performance and modularity with classic design and materials, it makes more sense to go that route. Which, in fact, I did scratch that itch.

The AR market adjusted for the AWB, so after a short time the better option continued to be available. And I wouldn’t count on the Mini-14 not being included in another AWB.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Originally Posted By WackbiscuitThorazine: No

Now go back 40+ years and think (first) about what you said.

Now throw in an AWB and most of your rifles are no longer available.

Allow me to go back 35 years. I had been using a Colt M16A2 as a National Guardsman for a few years and developed a fondness for it, having got past all of the SUBSTANTIAL negativity surrounding the M16/AR15 platform at the time. I wanted to buy a commercial model for myself. But it’s 1989, and some crazy retard just shot up a school playground in CA. So the military pattern semi-auto pickings are getting pretty slim. Colt ARs in particular. Olympic Arms ARs and Mini-14s are occasionally found, but I wanted the real deal. In the spring of 1990 Colt ARs start trickling out into distribution again and I finally find one on a dealers shelf, a R6550k, and couldn’t get my wallet out fast enough. For $800 + tax, it was mine. And what a joy it was and continues to be. Adjusted for inflation, that would be about $2,000 today. Holy shit. But I never once questioned or regretted that purchase.

That summer a friend who was a bit more budget minded bought a Mini-14. They cost about $400 back then, so it seemed like a pretty good deal at half the cost of a Colt AR. I got to handle it and shoot it. It wasn’t a total POS or anything, but it was obviously far less accurate than the AR, it didn’t have the feel, handling or performance of more modern designs and the magazines, higher capacity ones in particular, were far less common and much more expensive. I had given them a little  consideration, but after that experience I never had any desire for one again.

People were customizing and accessorizing their guns back then, but nowhere near to the extent that they do now, so the aftermarket was kind of a wash between what was available between the two platforms. But there is absolutely no question about which one went on to dominate thanks to a modern, modular design that lends itself to modifications incredibly well.

Probably the biggest things in favor of the Mini are the classic design, traditional non-threatening appearance and retro factor. But these days with the Fightlite SCR and similar designs available that combine AR performance and modularity with classic design and materials, it makes more sense to go that route. Which, in fact, I did scratch that itch.

The AR market adjusted for the AWB, so after a short time the better option continued to be available. And I wouldn’t count on the Mini-14 not being included in another AWB.

Canada has in fact banned the Mini-14, but not the Chinese Type 81 nor the SKS.  Clinton banned the Type 81, & Washington state banned the SKS.  

Interestingly, the Mini has a lot of similarity to the Winchester entry in the SCHV trials of the late 1950's, and was designed by Bill Sullivan, who worked under Stoner (PBUH) downsizing the AR-10 to the AR-15.

It's not a particularly complex rifle, intuitive to new shooters w/ the open action, familiar field stripping to shooters of other US exposed op-rod guns, and the 180 series is reportedly more accurate than the AC-556 & 181 series that followed it.  The new models are reportedly decent w/ the heavier barrel.

1) Ban state ownership or travel to ban states, particularly w/ the new charger clip guides available;
2) LARP as the A-Team w/ a stainless and the new Samson reproduction folding stock;
3) Introduce new shooters to centerfire rifle shooting w/ a low-recoiling intuitive action (M1 carbine has the same advantage);
4) Traditional stock easy to carry w/ one hand on the pistol grip when hunting;
5) Excessive ejection velocity easily corrected w/ aftermarket adjustable gas block 181 series & later;
6) Accuracy issues can generally be improved w/ any number of aftermarket barrel clamps, not generally necessary on 581(?) series
7) Ruger has made the Mini in .222, .223/5.56, 6.8 SPC, .300 Blackout, & 7.62x39mm.  Aftermarket barrels are available in various chamberings;
8) Ruger's rather high fixed price at the distributor level means new Minis are expensive compared to their historic cost vs an AR, and the new price has inflated the used market as well - which is why I don't own one yet.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:57:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#5]

Yes, the AR-15 was offered commercially by Colt in 1963.....and virtually NOBODY bought them.

I am old enough to remember both of them being for sale in the 1970's.  I bought one of each, and I was the only guy I knew for YEARS that had the Colt.  It was considered an oddity, and also it was the "rifle that jammed in Viet Nam" which no doubt delayed their acceptance by the American consumer.

I suspect Ruger chose to design an autoloading .223 rifle that mimicked the appearance/function of the M1 carbine, which WAS immensely popular with the civilian market in the 1960's.   In other words, I don't think Ruger was trying to go "toe to toe" with Colt at the time.
View All Quotes

I agree that the Mini-14 was designed looking backward rather than forward.

And it took at least a generation and a new model for the M16 and AR15 to overcome its extremely negative reputation. Even in the mid-80s it was still extensively looked down on.

But the fact also remains that purposely intended or not, they were contemporary competitors and the comparisons were going to be inevitable.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Canada has in fact banned the Mini-14, but not the Chinese Type 81 nor the SKS.  Clinton banned the Type 81, & Washington state banned the SKS.  

Interestingly, the Mini has a lot of similarity to the Winchester entry in the SCHV trials of the late 1950's, and was designed by Bill Sullivan, who worked under Stoner (PBUH) downsizing the AR-10 to the AR-15.

It's not a particularly complex rifle, intuitive to new shooters w/ the open action, familiar field stripping to shooters of other US exposed op-rod guns, and the 180 series is reportedly more accurate than the AC-556 & 181 series that followed it.  The new models are reportedly decent w/ the heavier barrel.

1) Ban state ownership or travel to ban states, particularly w/ the new charger clip guides available;
2) LARP as the A-Team w/ a stainless and the new Samson reproduction folding stock;
3) Introduce new shooters to centerfire rifle shooting w/ a low-recoiling intuitive action (M1 carbine has the same advantage);
5) Excessive ejection velocity easily corrected w/ aftermarket adjustable gas block 181 series & later;
6) Accuracy issues can generally be improved w/ any number of aftermarket barrel clamps, not generally necessary on 581(?) series
7) Ruger has made the Mini in .222, .223/5.56, 6.8 SPC, .300 Blackout, & 7.62x39mm.  Aftermarket barrels are available in various chamberings;
8) Ruger's rather high fixed price at the distributor level means new Minis are expensive compared to their historic cost vs an AR, and the new price has inflated the used market as well - which is why I don't own one yet.
View All Quotes

Reading WA law, the Mini-14 might not be banned by name, but I don’t think it passes the features part unless there is a model that does not have a heat shield/barrel shroud.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajunkraut] [#7]
Prices have gone up along with the improvements, but you're either nostalgic enough to buy one or you aren't. OEM (and legacy PMI) mags are the key to reliability. Every A-Team lovin' Gen X'er should have one in their collection IMO.

The latest release:

https://www.guns.com/news/2024/01/12/a-team-rides-again-ruger-delivers-new-mini-14-tactical-556#:~:text=The%20new%20model%20Mini%2D14,and%20a%20polymer%20pistol%20grip
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Owned one, and enjoyed it.

Brother stole it to sell for drug money 😡
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve owned one four, maybe five times over the years.  I always lose interest in it and sell.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Why does the Ruger Mini-14 Tactical in stainless with the folding stock currently for sale by Ruger model number 5895 have a 18.5 inch barrel and all the standard stock models have a 16.12 inch barrel? Is it due to OAL requirements?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Cajunkraut:
Prices have gone up long with the improvements, but you're either nostalgic enough to buy one or you aren't.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cajunkraut:
Prices have gone up long with the improvements, but you're either nostalgic enough to buy one or you aren't.

When you think about it, adjusting for inflation, it’s not that the Mini-14 has really gone up much in price, it’s that the AR15 has gone down so radically. Economy of scale is a thing.

Every A-Team lovin' Gen X'er should have one in their collection IMO.

Meh, I’ll take the M60 that they also tended to have conveniently available in the back of the van when needed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I sold mine when I started getting into AR’s and kind of regret it…
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
A SS one with folding stock and a blued Ranch model.
Of course when I bought them they were 1/2 the price of an AR, I want to say the SS one was $399.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
I had a mini-30 so I voted yes. Close enough.

They’re neat, fun rifles. Just not ready for combat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#16]

When you think about it, adjusting for inflation, it’s not that the Mini-14 has really gone up much in price, it’s that the AR15 has gone down so radically. Economy of scale is a thing.
View Quote

Yeah, I get it. I kept my assessment simple enough to avoid any needless discussions about whether they're still worth the price of admission. I recently picked up the new stainless GB reissue with no regerts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:06:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#17]
It's a nostalgia fantasy gun...nothing more...and not much of that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:22:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajunkraut] [#18]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
It's a nostalgia fantasy gun...nothing more...and not much of that.
View Quote

Kinda, but not really. It was several foreign and domestic LE agencies' issued "kinder and gentler" AR alternative for decades.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey , it's been 50 years . Can we get some knock-offs ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Littlebob:
Why does the Ruger Mini-14 Tactical in stainless with the folding stock currently for sale by Ruger model number 5895 have a 18.5 inch barrel and all the standard stock models have a 16.12 inch barrel? Is it due to OAL requirements?
View Quote

Throwback aesthetics is the only logical reason since every other model in the tactical line has the shorter one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to take mine to the cmp match every now and again...

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
Were those in demand when the A-Team was popular?
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-4192ea0ff00dacac0e675b6cca648cb7-lq
View Quote
Yep

I saved all summer for mine, traded it at 16 for a Colt SP1.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Working on an AC556 clone SBR currently.  Sold off my other one quite a while ago.  

Figure with a chopped barrel it probably will group better than the previous one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Stainless synthetic bought new around 1995.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mac130:  Owned one, and enjoyed it.

Brother stole it to sell for drug money 😡
View Quote

I really need to remember to bring cocaine to the gun show.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Reading WA law, the Mini-14 might not be banned by name, but I don’t think it passes the features part unless there is a model that does not have a heat shield/barrel shroud.
View All Quotes

It's removable, and not necessary for the operation.  The M1A was banned by name, but I think you can still get Garands, M1 carbines, 10 round Minis, and the Browning/FN BAR.  10 round Mini w/ a stripper clip guide would be my preference.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, but only because it was given to me
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Well now thanks to my own damn thread I'm thinking maybe I'd like a synthetic stainless model to go with my blues wood stocked model

Something to toss a Leupold 1-4x on for no reason

Oh since it's a Beamy thread something was missing
Attachment Attached File

With the above wooden stocked rifle I'd love to use it and my P89 in a tactical match just for the lulz
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#29]
No

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Yup
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Own and operate.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes, I had one back in the day. Fortunately I had a friend that knew the “re-torque” the gas block trick and it was a decent 2 MOA rifle - with good ammo, and a 3 - 4 with cheap stuff. Good enough to goof around with.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:
Yes, I had one back in the day. Fortunately I had a friend that knew the “re-torque” the gas block trick and it was a decent 2 MOA rifle - with good ammo, and a 3 - 4 with cheap stuff. Good enough to goof around with.
View Quote

Mine are about 3 MOA guns, that I shoot with like 4 MOA ammo.
That somehow has me putting paper plate sized groups per mag or usually hitting 8 inch steel at 100m.

But for some reason, everyone’s 500 dollar PSA AR that’s a 2 MOA off the shelf gun with a 2 MOA red dot and e MOA ammo gets sub MOA groups when they talk about them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#34]
My Mini 14 GB that was in two different Michigan prisons over the years.

It is marked with both SPR and ITF. SPR was the Pine River Correctional Facility before being renamed the Central Michigan Correctional Facility. It has also been at ITF, the Deerfield Correctional Facility.  I paid $649 for it in 2019.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I think the main issue that needs to be addressed is why is Ruger not making factory 30 and 40 round SS magazines.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I own a Mini-30 (1990s vintage). It shoots, it’s accurate enough with good ammunition (really liked the South African surplus). Given the availability of the SKS and AKs from around the World (especially in the 1990s) it’s a bit of a white elephant. At the time, it cost 2X to 4X an AK/SKS, >5 round mags were scarce and expensive, and it did nothing better than an SKS.

I still have it
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#37]
My username when I joined Arf many years ago.

I’ve had several, would love to buy another if I could find one for $5-600.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:31:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PROFESSORCHAOS] [#38]
I have a AWB era one I bought in 2001 I think, and a couple of those crappy preban USA magazines.

I did buy a couple of Ruger factory mags after the ban.

Yeah, it's not super accurate but I had lots of fun with it.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Bought one in 1990 that had none of the issues that guys here often complain about. Lost it in the divorce because I couldn't prove that it was a premarital purchase and exempt from the division of assets. The FFL id bought it from was long dead by then. Keep your receipts and bills of sale for those eventualities.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Yep, most people think every m4 service rifle shoots as good as their woa or larue/gucci barreled personal ar.  In reality, most acog equipped m4 with average grunt and m855/855a1 is 2.5-4moa gun and they get barrel replaced when they hit 7moa+.  But there's no way a 4moa mini14 can be "combat effective", lol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ramairthree:

That somehow has me putting paper plate sized groups per mag or usually hitting 8 inch steel at 100m.

But for some reason, everyone’s 500 dollar PSA AR that’s a 2 MOA off the shelf gun with a 2 MOA red dot and e MOA ammo gets sub MOA groups when they talk about them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ramairthree:

Weird, right?  About like the same people think every m4 in an arms room is completely accurized to nra service rifle presidents 100 level.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:56:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#42]
Originally Posted By DH243:

Yep, most people think every m4 service rifle shoots as good as their woa or larue/gucci barreled personal ar.  In reality, most acog equipped m4 with average grunt and m855/855a1 is 2.5-4moa gun and they get barrel replaced when they hit 7moa+.  But there's no way a 4moa mini14 can be "combat effective", lol.
View All Quotes

If you were shooting Coke cans or trying to hit a standard size container of Tannerite at 100-200 yards, which would you choose? Mini-14 or 20” AR15A2?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#43]

If you were shooting Coke cans or trying to hit a standard size container of Tannerite at 100-200 yards, which would you choose? Mini-14 or 20” AR15A2?
View All Quotes

Both, only because one of my 20s always comes to the range
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Minis have a distinctive sound and recoil similar to other roller lock guns. And I question the American boy upbringing who can’t appreciate if not love that. I question the shooting history and age of all the mini 14 haters. In fact I call out better than 87% of people who claim to have shot minis and hated them to be liars. They haven’t shot them. If they have they haven’t shot any military rifles prior to cnc built ARs.

I’ve shot them from the very early 80s. Even when dad had a Colt. He’s up in his years and has had some neck surgeries so he’s limited in what he can shoot but he has many ARs and a couple minis and he still loves to shoot his minis.

I have a lot of ARs but I love my mini and I’ll get another.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dorobuta:  Yes, I had one back in the day. Fortunately I had a friend that knew the “re-torque” the gas block trick and it was a decent 2 MOA rifle - with good ammo, and a 3 - 4 with cheap stuff. Good enough to goof around with.

The Army's entire fleet of M4s just got rebarreled to the heavier M4A1 barrel, and the trigger ratchet removed.  At around the same time, M855A1 rolled out, and my qualification scores went up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:30:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#46]
Owned a Mini-14 previously when I was young & poor.

Mini-14s (&AKs) were half the price of an AR.

My old Mini was actually surprisingly accurate with 55 grain soft points

But sold it away 25 years ago & haven't felt the need for another since.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Beamy:
Well now thanks to my own damn thread I'm thinking maybe I'd like a synthetic stainless model to go with my blues wood stocked model

Something to toss a Leupold 1-4x on for no reason

Oh since it's a Beamy thread something was missing
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20240509_002256210_HDR_3_jpg-3209553.JPG

With the above wooden stocked rifle I'd love to use it and my P89 in a tactical match just for the lulz
View Quote

Great idea.

2 gun, here I come.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By pilatuspilot:
Minis have a distinctive sound and recoil similar to other roller lock guns.
View Quote

@pilatuspilot

Roller lock ?

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Colt653:

@pilatuspilot

Roller lock ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Colt653:
Originally Posted By pilatuspilot:
Minis have a distinctive sound and recoil similar to other roller lock guns.

@pilatuspilot

Roller lock ?

Yeah, amusingly ironic of him to include that in a reply accusing people indifferent about the rifle of having never handled or fired one and basically not actually knowing anything about them.

I get my rotating bolt goodness from my M1 Garand and M1 Carbine, rifles with actual pedigrees.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks fun

Ruger Mini-14 - No Longer Obsolete - Holosun Red Dot Optic & Samson Rail - The Perfect Combination!
Page / 5
Top Top