BCM
User Panel

Locked I just give up (Page 2 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TechGal26:

I actually wondered about him last week and did a site search to see what was going on.  
Our little poodle has some big issues.

OP...stop trying so hard,  it stinks to everyone
Work on making friends,  or at the least being OK with less friends and more acquaintances.
View Quote
he's young enough to be drafted for WWIII.

couple years in da trenches in da ukraine in da winter whilst fighting da orcs will give him some perspective.

assuming he survives the battlefield and makes it back to merica, of course.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
March 24th, 2004 at 1652hrs CDST,  I got injured line of duty, blew out the two lowest discs in my spine.  

Over 200 injections in my spine.

4 surgeries,    1 to fuse 3 vertebra levels together, gutted like a deer to cut out the old ruptured discs.   Stuffed my spaghetti back in, stapled me shut, flipped me over to drill and tap 6 vertebra for the titanium screws to hold the rods.

Weeks and months learning to walk again, try to get back to life.

Another surgery to remove the titanium hardware that held my spine together while the live donor bone material grew in place.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43902/Titanium_Hardware_jpg-3208339.JPG
Rx rollercoaster.

Slowly losing the ability to walk again, like Chief Brashear walking in the MkV Diving Ensemble in "Men of Honor"

People take for granted the ability to walk.

ALong the way, God put somebody in my life, that I let my condition make bad decision to run her off.

20 years, surpised I made it this long.  There were times I didn't want to.  I was >< this close to going on a fishing trip and never returning.  Even called my dad so he would know there was nothing he could of done to change anything.  He happened to be drinking that night, didn't understand what I was trying to tell him.  I got past it.  

18 months after, things happened that allowed me to move to FL to at least get away from the CO winters.

We have people here fighting cancer in their bodies, or in their loved ones' bodies.    

You got your health.   The ability to walk.       Change the things you have the power to and accept the things that you can't.

View Quote

Great post
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By flippflopped:

A mile down the road is a cemetery where my dad is buried. When life got hard for him he killed himself at 49. I'm 51. He used to make fun of me, call me worthless, tell me I was a fool, that I was weak and useless. Well..I'm still breathing and my life is harder than his ever was and there are other's here that have it harder, much harder, than me.

Every day is a choice OP. Choose to fight. We all lose, we all hurt, we all cry we don't all quit. Don't quit.

View Quote

WWASD?

Pain or damage don't end the world - Deadwood - Swearengen

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Never give up, OP.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:

couple years in da trenches in da ukraine in da winter whilst fighting da orcs will give him some perspective.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I actually wondered about him last week and did a site search to see what was going on.  
Our little poodle has some big issues.

OP...stop trying so hard,  it stinks to everyone
Work on making friends,  or at the least being OK with less friends and more acquaintances.

You are always the optimist
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
it can always be worse.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Well as usual you have come to the right place.
Hows the dog, and don’t listen to that guy that said get a cat, that’s just weird.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]
it can always be worse.
View All Quotes

it can always be worse.

Add in a 'stop your bellyaching' and you could be a motivational speaker...

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rtlm:
Well as usual you have come to the right place.
Hows the dog, and don't listen to that guy that said get a cat, that's just weird.
View Quote
Gee Dee will solve all of his problems for him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Add in a 'stop your bellyaching' and you could be a motivational speaker...

View Quote
in montucky we just say "cowboy the fuck up."
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
@TechGal26

losmt2 - "cowboy the fuck up"

great documentary about John McClaine's brief tour of duty in africa after the NYPD.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheQuadfather:
Me too.

I'm not good at anything involving people.  

Not good with many animals either.
View Quote
You have 796 transactions with 100% EE rating. That's impressive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Hang in there pard, life is upand down.  Find something to focus that energy you have into a healthy hobby.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#14]
There is always something to look forward to OP no matter how bad it is right now. Call someone tonight if you need a lifeline or talk to us here. Just don’t shut yourself off from everyone right now. And yes, a lot of people really suck but the fact that there a dozens of total strangers chiming in here tonight and praying for you should let you know it’s not all bad
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Do not opt for a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  Everyone goes through ups and downs.  You aren't the first, and not the last.  It will get better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#16]
@TechGal26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGyAANIs8XU

great documentary about John McClaine's brief tour of duty in africa after the NYPD.
View Quote

What more could anyone ask for?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:24:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StraightShootinGal] [#17]
If my memory serves me correct....

OP moved to a "free state", but like me, was in a small town - which leaves him away from family/friends he knew and not much when it comes to dating/activities/etc.

I think at one point we suggested he move - where I now kinda get where he's coming from and probably where he's living at is bringing him down....

PM me OP if you wanna chat. I think I understand what you're dealing with more than others who don't live where you're at.

If you don't PM me, all I can say is you gotta work hard to make the best of the situation. Although I'm surrounded by X, Y, and Z...I still work hard to find ways to keep me happy, motivated and thriving. The other day I was driving around another crappy part of our town - where "one" home was nicely decorated...where you'd think they'd give up and be like the rest of the neighbors (uncut grass, barely any decorations)..NO, they opted to create their home/world into the little paradise amongst the crud...That's what you should strive to do.

Hope that helps...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#19]
OP its not your fault humanity is in decay.
Not sure how far you are from South Eastern Kentucky but maybe you need to come train on private property with me on 4th of july. In the dark. no homo.
I’m about 2 hours from knoxville.
Or we could probably meet up at a NRL22 match.
I havnt been to one yet but ive been meaning to go to one ASAP.
Hang in there and keep trying new things(except gay stuff. dont try that.) Just dont keep doing the same shit that isnt working for you.it will drive you bonkers to expect different results from doing the same shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:
Hang in there, OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Find purpose outside yourself.  Accept that we are but weak men.  We fail and come short.  But the purpose is not ourselves.  Think of others and what must be done to help them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:18:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: debts_collector] [#22]
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:
Find purpose outside yourself.  Accept that we are but weak men.  We fail and come short.  But the purpose is not ourselves.  Think of others and what must be done to help them.
View Quote

I have to ask: does that genuinely aid in the improvement of mental health? Or is it an attempt to become so busy and have so much going on that you don't have time to think about what the issue really is?

@Underscore_O_Three (Does @ing someone push out a notification to the person mentioned, or no?)
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#23]
OP do you have a motorcycle?

You should get a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By drew5337:
OP do you have a motorcycle?

You should get a motorcycle.
View Quote

I'm not sure if you're being facetious because they're a good way to die - or because you think it'll make him happy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:25:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: XDONX3] [#25]
Start doing things for yourself and forget about other people and what they think, just do you and I promise things will come around. Most people put too much stock into what others think of them and it affects them negatively. See a counselor and start talking to God. Oh… and start taking vitamin D and B12
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Move out of TN to someplace with a warm beach.  S FL maybe or Hawaii.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By debts_collector:

I have to ask: does that genuinely aid in the improvement of mental health? Or is it an attempt to become so busy and have so much going on that you don't have time to think about what the issue really is?

@Underscore_O_Three (Does @ing someone push out a notification to the person mentioned, or no?)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:

Welcome to the site!

Yes, using "@Username" will send a notification to a user alerting then to the post it's used in.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#29]
You have a bike as your avatar. Tons of good riding roads in TN.

Rent a good piece of ass, then get some wind therapy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:47:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: watgar] [#30]
Peter Gabriel (Feat. Kate Bush) - Don't Give Up

Seriously though, don't give up.

Pennywise - "Fight Till You Die" (Full Album Stream)

🙂
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I got saved by the Lord Jesus Christ.

What is your next move?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:34:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WoolRug] [#32]
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:

Not the place.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:
Originally Posted By CRSSBNS:
I'm so worn out from shit. I always fuck up my social situations no matter how hard I try. Typical three year cycle, its about time. Nothing to look forward to, no future. Cant trust people, they'll always leave. This place is torture, I fucking want out.
disregard females.  acquire currency.

Not the place.

This IS the place.

Why keep this guy in the matrix?

OP, my 18 year old daughter was diagnosed with alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma in her skull on 19 December 2023.
Her best prognosis is 50%.

She just started her life, she doesn't cry like you do. How does an 18 year old girl facing REAL PROBLEMS have more moxy than you?

Why don't you have a conversation with your nuggets and tell them to drop already.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:40:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Holy shit. I don't normally post during my time off but Holy shit I saw this and God damn. Life is hard. It's a monster. I just dealt with a lot of rough shit myself. Connect with people you've known for a while. That's my best advice.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CRSSBNS:
I'm so worn out from shit. I always fuck up my social situations no matter how hard I try. Typical three year cycle, its about time. Nothing to look forward to, no future. Cant trust people, they'll always leave. This place is torture, I fucking want out.
View Quote

I'm in a similar position.
My woman left me on Monday.
I'm in a place that I don't know anyone.

You and me, we got this.
Things will get better.
Never give up.

Hit me up on IM if you wanna talk.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:46:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:59:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Ben:

You can pop over to Montana to my place too. Seriously.
View Quote

Pm sent
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:17:43 AM EDT
[#37]
I’ve been right where you are man… didn’t you post worrying about asbestos exposure earlier? You seemed concerned about your well being… you’ve got stuff to live for dude, it’s obvious.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:26:17 AM EDT
[#38]
I get it. Social situations can be tough sometimes.  Stay true to yourself, hang in there!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:30:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CL1433:
I get it. Social situations can be tough sometimes.  Stay true to yourself, hang in there!
View Quote

WTF
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:57:05 AM EDT
[#40]
I hear you OP. We are sometimes in the prison we make for ourselves. I am tired too. Tired of bullshit. Tired of fighting. Tried of my nerves feeling like they are just numb. My friends keep me going. Guys like BobbityBobbity, JoeDevola, and R-32 who I know. Seems like friends though are fewer and fewer as we age. I trust less and less people. But I found that those I trust are people worthy of it and I am honored to know them and be considered their friend.

Find a a young one to mentor if you have no kids. It was the greatest thing I have ever done. Helping someone get on a good path.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:06:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:

Welcome to the site!

Yes, using "@Username" will send a notification to a user alerting then to the post it's used in.
View Quote

Thank you kind sir! (Is it safe to assume male as the default around here? Lol. I'd be surprised if it's even 2% female.)

Also, thank you for the technical help. Much appreciated
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#42]
A lot of men feel the same way that you do OP.

The US is a hostile country for men. Men do most of the hard labor in the country and pay the majority of taxes but get nothing back in return and are constantly accused of being 'privileged'.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

See my post in the depressed thread (pinned at the top of GD )  it’s one of  the last few  posted, helped my mental health immensely and only added an hour to my work day if I wanna stay late.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
I can't offer any advice other than don't do anything drastic.   On a  personal front I  found life got easier when I forgot women existed.
View Quote

And I found life got easier when I realized women just plain out suck
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:
If my memory serves me correct....

OP moved to a "free state", but like me, was in a small town - which leaves him away from family/friends he knew and not much when it comes to dating/activities/etc.

I think at one point we suggested he move - where I now kinda get where he's coming from and probably where he's living at is bringing him down....

PM me OP if you wanna chat. I think I understand what you're dealing with more than others who don't live where you're at.

If you don't PM me, all I can say is you gotta work hard to make the best of the situation. Although I'm surrounded by X, Y, and Z...I still work hard to find ways to keep me happy, motivated and thriving. The other day I was driving around another crappy part of our town - where "one" home was nicely decorated...where you'd think they'd give up and be like the rest of the neighbors (uncut grass, barely any decorations)..NO, they opted to create their home/world into the little paradise amongst the crud...That's what you should strive to do.

Hope that helps...
View Quote

He's younger than you, but I think you two can make it work. Seriously, you two should talk and give it a shot. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Does op have a dog?
View Quote

He did have a dog at one time. I hope nothing happened to his buddy, because that just makes a bad spot a lot worse. Every man needs a buddy. (And not a fucking cat.)
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:57:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTX] [#47]

Thank you kind sir! (Is it safe to assume male as the default around here? Lol. I'd be surprised if it's even 2% female.)

Also, thank you for the technical help. Much appreciated
View Quote

Yes, that's a safe assumption. And while there may not be a lot of them in numbers, when they do choose to break radio silence, they usually deliver.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:00:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTX] [#48]
Originally Posted By Ct1:

View All Quotes
I can't offer any advice other than don't do anything drastic.   On a  personal front I  found life got easier when I forgot women existed.

We need a 'girls are icky' forum for guys like you two. That way, we could keep the burnouts, incels and fags isolated from the rest of us that like girls.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RTX:

We need a 'girls are icky' forum for guys like you two. That way, we could keep the burnouts, incels and fags isolated from the rest of us that like girls.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTX:

He-man woman haters club
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ben:

Come out to my place in Montana. Completely serious invite. Let's get you on your feet.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Locked I just give up (Page 2 of 4)
Top Top