BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jollyg83:
Fuck. That. Shit.  

Scouts is dead, long live Trail Life and American Heritage Girls.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Dissenting Opinion here.

My daughter has been in an all girl BSA (or whatever) troop for a few years.  She has learned skills like campfire cooking, rifle shooting, swimming, and is in a leadership position.  They have fun outdoor activities that gets her away from social media.  The scoutmasters are all current and retired military.

There are a lot more rules than there were when I was a a scout, but so far, there hasn’t been anything woke.  I would pull her out if it gets too leftist.

The alternate would be to sit around and talk about empowerment while selling cookies.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 57fairlane:

Scouting America
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:
For those of us who don't want to click on the article, what are they changing the name to?

Scouting America

Weren't they going by Scouting USA for quite a while?  I thought they changed to that when they went coed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The Communist goal has always been to destroy every Western institution promoting decency and patriotism.

The Communists are winning.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jhereg:

Weren't they going by Scouting USA for quite a while?  I thought they changed to that when they went coed.
View Quote

Scouting USA was the name given to the troop scouting program. There's also Cub Scouts, Sea Scouts, Venturing, and Exploring units.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KD_KA_Drinker:
Well put a fork in that institution.  I grew up a scout in the 80s. It was a good thing back then and I have good memories of it.

I have 2 boys now and we don’t do scouts.
View Quote

Same

I had an amazing scouting experience…….Philmont, Seeboomuk, SeaBase.

When my kids came along, I took over the Cub Scout pack which was great. They moved to the Scout troop and it was a shit show. That was that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't care anymore.  That organization isn't Boy Scouts anyway.  Hope it dies completely.  Eagle Scout.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CZRider:

"SA"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/th-463.jpg
View Quote

All scout shirts will now be brown.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Disgruntled Eagle Scout checking in.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Is there an alternative version?
View Quote

@lazyengineer

TrailLife for boys, American Heritage Girls for girls.  

That’s what we have our kids in.  It answers the problem of “what do we do with siblings of opposite genders on meeting nights” while still letting them be boys and girls separately.  

By that I mean both troops meet together for opening ceremonies, we do the honor guard, flag raising, then we pray together.  

Then boys go one way, girls go the other for the night.  Then we come back together for closing ceremonies.  

Each troop does their own hikes, their own camps, their own service projects separately.  There are two joint camp outs each year for families to attend.  Otherwise everything is separated by genders.  

The girls get the opportunity to get just as dirty as the boys get.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Snallygaster:
Dissenting Opinion here.

My daughter has been in an all girl BSA (or whatever) troop for a few years.  She has learned skills like campfire cooking, rifle shooting, swimming, and is in a leadership position.  They have fun outdoor activities that gets her away from social media.  The scoutmasters are all current and retired military.

There are a lot more rules than there were when I was a a scout, but so far, there hasn’t been anything woke.  I would pull her out if it gets too leftist.

The alternate would be to sit around and talk about empowerment while selling cookies.
View Quote

Your daughter is parting of “knots and camping club for the whole family,” which is what Boy Scouts morphed into.

Whatever it is, it’s not Boy Scouts. And wokeness manifesting in the program is merely a symptom, not the disease.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Tranny scouts?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Dissenting Opinion here.

There are a lot more rules than there were when I was a a scout, but so far, there hasn't been anything woke.  I would pull her out if it gets too leftist.

View Quote
I don't think anyone here will disagree with the fact that a space was needed for something other than girl scouts, but why couldn't it be its own thing instead of trying to co-opt an existing, all male organization?

The purpose of the action wasn't to create the space you've sought, but rather to destroy ours.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Dissenting Opinion here.

There are a lot more rules than there were when I was a a scout, but so far, there hasn't been anything woke.  I would pull her out if it gets too leftist.

View Quote

IMO it's a crappy idea.   Boy Scouts was always supposed to be a place for boys to become men w/ strong male role models.    It was a male space for men to be men.   But in todays environment the only people who can't have their own space is men and the left sees it as an abomination if men act like men.   If the girls wanted something like boy scouts they should have either turned girl scouts into it or created their own version.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gearjammer351] [#15]
Dissenting Opinion here.

View All Quotes
Dissenting Opinion here.

I am glad your daughter enjoys it. I want something for my boy and I to do that is just men and boys. I don't have anything against kids interacting, but I like having some activities that are just 'for the guys.' Once, BSA provided that.  

Originally Posted By UV18:
My wife hated Girl Scouts and always fought to go with the den leader (mom) and the boys on the Boy Scout events. She said the boys always did much cooler stuff and would have preferred it over selling cookies, sewing, and social events.

One Scout troop we sponsor through an outdoors non-profit has about 33% girls in it. No pussification and different treatment than what i experienced. I have seen no ill effects from it.

This was a variation of an argument I heard many times: 'GS is lame; all they do is sell cookies; the boys do cool stuff.' I always asked, "Why put all that energy into getting girls into the 'Boy Scouts' instead of putting it into making the girl scouts into something you'd like better?"

The response was usually exaggerated indignation or crickets.

I believe there was another reason - one that has already been posited in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]
So much for our elite, paramilitary organization. This bullshit is all part of the plan. We can't have strong willed, independent, resourceful young men. Its toxic!

I am a third generation Eagle Scout in my family and haven't supported them in years.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#17]
My boy turned 7 last year and I kept him out.  I just didn't know what else would be slipping into the agenda.  I just didn't want to have him start and have to rip him out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
My boys are Cub and Boy Scouts. It’s sad what  it’s becoming the council is getting over run by a bunch of incompetent asses.  Surprised it’s lasted as long as it has. I watch in amazement how scout masters are lacking most common life skills let along survival skills.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#19]
There's a boy scout troop in my area that is girl only, and won't let in boys.  Lol.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:
My boy turned 7 last year and I kept him out.  I just didn't know what else would be slipping into the agenda.  I just didn't want to have him start and have to rip him out.
View Quote

You made the right call.

I let mine do Cubs for a couple of years, and then we went to a camp with all scout groups. There were scores of groups there, and I could probably count on one hand how many were all-male. There was no discipline, and it just lacked the tone of scouting when I was a kid. It's an everyone-welcome, outdoorsy arts & crafts club with no purpose or direction.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By akrado:
There's a boy scout troop in my area that is girl only, and won't let in boys.  Lol.  
View Quote

I am 100% for girls having the same great opportunities I did through things like Scouts. But this can be accomplished without destroying boy scouts.

Make a girl scout unit that doesnt suck. Make a brand new thing that is better than boy scouts, for girls.

I would never fault a father for wanting the best possible situation for their daughter, but when you look at it from a larger scale, it is not good.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#22]
My scoutmaster was a fucking pedophile... this doesn't surprise me. More targets for more perverts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#23]

"SA"

View Quote

What color is their shirt.....brown?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By akrado:
View Quote

IIRC, under the new rules, they can't. The Boys and Girls Troops are still separate, but fall under the same organization, like Platoons in a Company. The Troop numbers are usually 123 for the Boy Troops, and 9123 for the Girl Troops (obvious fake numbers).
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought they changed the name to "Scouts" a few years back. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Dissenting Opinion here.

View Quote

You're missing the point. This isn't about your daughter.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:
Can't wait to see the stats on the number of summer camp pregnancies.....
View Quote

Will you smooth brains stop perpetuating this myth?

There's nothing co-ed about Scouting now, and nothing generally different from the 15+ years that girls have been allowed to be part of Scout troops as Ventures. The sexes are still separated, with same sex leaders.

All these changes did was open up Scouting to girls, because as we all know "Girl Scouts" has a fucking joke for a curriculum.

It's amazing that girls will be able to participate in unique Scouting opportunities like the High Adventure Bases around the country, and National Jamboree.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Scouting America
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:
For those of us who don't want to click on the article, what are they changing the name to?

Scouting America

Czme to ask this question that should've been included in the title.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By zeekh:
View Quote

They changed the name of the BSA program to Scouts USA but now they're renaming the entire national organization.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I remember the BSA bumper sticker, "America is returning to the values scouting never left."

What a fking kick in the nuts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
God damn that's depressing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Jeff Spicoli Those guys are fags
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#33]
But the Girl Scouts get to continue, as a “safe space” for girls
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By zeekh:
View Quote

Not officially.

We were in Cubs for a bit a couple of years ago. They were putting 'BSA Scouts' on the uniforms in place of the 'Boy Scouts of America' badges at that time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#35]
My oldest got his Eagle in 2019 and my youngest gets his pinned on June 7th. After that we're done.

RIP BSA.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:45:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrowne1] [#36]
Originally Posted By Tao:

Will you smooth brains stop perpetuating this myth?

There's nothing co-ed about Scouting now, and nothing generally different from the 15+ years that girls have been allowed to be part of Scout troops as Ventures. The sexes are still separated, with same sex leaders.
View Quote

100% bullshit. They’re theoretically single sex at the troop level, not always observed in reality. Any event - including MANY overnight camp events - involving more than one troop, can and usually will be coed.

I have no idea where you got the same sex leader idea. Women have been allowed as adult leaders for many years, which is a whole other subject.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#38]
At this point, what institutions have not been captured or subverted to some extent in the last decade?

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Of course they should change the name.  It's not the same organization.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#41]
that's why my son in in Trail life usa  there is also a girl  orgnization  American hearitage girls
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#42]

"SA"

View Quote

That's what I thought, too.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Is there an alternative version?
View Quote

Conservatives don't do that.  They just walk away from everything with a muttered "fuck (thing)".
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Just like the religious right cutting off their nose to spite their face when it comes to gun rights, I see a whole lot of that same attitude here.

Don't like it? Be a local leader and make a Troop the way you think it should be. There is a ton of latitude within the Council rules so long as basic requirements are met. If your troop is full of like minded individuals and your kids fulfill the requirements, you can build the experience you want for your kids.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Just like the religious right cutting off their nose to spite their face when it comes to gun rights, I see a whole lot of that same attitude here.

Don't like it? Be a local leader and make a Troop the way you think it should be. There is a ton of latitude within the Council rules so long as basic requirements are met. If your troop is full of like minded individuals and your kids fulfill the requirements, you can build the experience you want for your kids.
View Quote

People have fought for years to keep Boy Scouts what it should be.    We have lost.  The left has infested the  national organization and I don't see taking that back.  It's done.  Stick a fork in it.   Find something else that can replace it.     Don't let the sunk cost keep you there just because it was a great organization.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By snubfan:
"In Hegelian and Marxist dialectics, change takes the form of periods of incremental or quantitative changes until a critical point is reached where a qualitative leap takes place, bringing about a fundamental transformation in the nature of the object under consideration."

https://lchc.ucsd.edu/mca/Paper/Robinson/robinson.html#:~:text=In%20Hegelian%20and%20Marxist%20dialectics,of%20the%20object%20under%20consideration
View Quote

Same with the mooslims.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Bye, bye.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Are they called the Cuck Scouts now?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

How does getting involved at the troop level get you out of things like the DEI merit badge for Eagle, allowing openly gay and female ASMs, girls at district/council events, and so on?

It fixes nothing.
Page / 7
Top Top