Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It's sad CA leftists refuse to connect the dots and acknowledge that Democrat policies ruin states. If they were so good.. they wouldn't have left.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bunnysriflestock:
Looks like Montana just got two new Democrat voters.
View Quote

I doubt they'll stay long. -30F wears down people used to coastal places where it's 70F all the time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
yes indeedy.

one of the reasons i fell in love with the big sky country are the bad winters.

keeps the population low, keeps the riff raff out.
View Quote

I used to say that about winters in Minnesota, that it kept the riff raff out.  Until the communist riff raff took over the state government, drove taxes through the roof and offered all kinds of free shit to all the unemployed bums they could convince to come here from Chicago and such to help shore up their vote hustling operation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:

I used to say that about winters in Minnesota, that it kept the riff raff out.  Until the communist riff raff took over the state government, drove taxes through the roof and offered all kinds of free shit to all the unemployed bums they could convince to come here from Chicago and such to help shore up their vote hustling operation.
View Quote

Yep. Minnesota is as cold or colder than MT and if the Bolshevic hordes can make it in MSP, they can make it anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By maslin02:

But they still have a Pickle Barrel…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
bozeman's a shithole full of leftist cunts, flatlanders, texans, and/or californians.

y'all can have bozeman.

So does LIV. That Bobcat sandwich on that good sourdough bread is outstanding.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Picklebarrel is the one thing Bozeman got going for it.  They'll probably ruin that too...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#8]
bozeman's a shithole full of leftist cunts, flatlanders, texans, and/or californians.

y'all can have bozeman.
View Quote

Move to a free state ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cervelorider:

So does LIV. That Bobcat sandwich on that good sourdough bread is outstanding.
View Quote

We lost our Pickel Barrel a few years ago. I miss my monster Bobcat sandwiches.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:31:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#10]

Go Griz

View Quote

FTG
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Scalped:
"Granite"

Reppin his SF gear, acting like he isn't a connect anymore

Stay ghetto, Bay Area
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cervelorider:

Yep. Minnesota is as cold or colder than MT and if the Bolshevic hordes can make it in MSP, they can make it anywhere.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FGracing:

Move to a free state ?
View Quote
#buildthewall

but build it around BZN

cut wudder/power/comms/NG/food supply/emergency services

wait 24 months

problem solved, problem staying solved
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By zaphar:

I doubt they'll stay long. -30F wears down people used to coastal places where it's 70F all the time.
View Quote

This,I want to read the "I cant afford bozeman and Im moving back to the ghetto" thread next spring.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StanleySpidowski:

This,I want to read the "I cant afford bozeman and Im moving back to the ghetto" thread next spring.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#16]
COL calcs show it's the same, if not a little worse in MT, from an economic view.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mikeyb76:
COL calcs show it's the same, if not a little worse in MT, from an economic view.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By McGuy:

@mancat is Seabeck Pizza still there/awesome?

eta- and is Bainbridge still infested with pretentious cunts?
View Quote

@McGuy

Yes to both
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:02:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: McGuy] [#19]
Originally Posted By mancat:

@McGuy

Yes to both
View All Quotes

@McGuy

Yes to both

I'm glad about Seabeck Pizza anyway.

eta @mancat

eta 2 Back in the 90s I lived at 5th and Warren in Bremerton before moving to a really nice place on Tracyton near the fairgrounds. I got paid to be at Lollapalooza and Endfest. Good times.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Montana? I bet after the first two winters they will say fuck this I'm out!
View Quote

Winters?  Hell, It's supposed to snow tonight.  I can't imagine what living there must be like these days.  I have to travel to Miles City for work every once in a while and I detour through Harlowtown just to avoid the traffic and idiots between  Three Forks and Livingston.  Judging by the all the skid marks and car parts littering the ditches and median along I-90 through the Gallatin Valley, half the drivers on the road over there have no idea how to drive, much less drive in the snow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Wirebrush:

Winters?  Hell, It's supposed to snow tonight.  I can't imagine what living there must be like these days.  I have to travel to Miles City for work every once in a while and I detour through Harlowtown just to avoid the traffic and idiots between  Three Forks and Livingston.  Judging by the all the skid marks and car parts littering the ditches and median along I-90 through the Gallatin Valley, half the drivers on the road over there have no idea how to drive, much less drive in the snow.
View Quote
when i see CA and/or TX plates on I-90 i know i'm in for a treat.

and i don't stop for them later when i see them in the ditch, neither.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

When I see 6 plates I just assume it's a big city thinker from California, Washington, or Texas behind the wheel anyway.  It's usually confirmed by their driving.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:18:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#24]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#25]
These transplants are so annoying.  They move here from other states but then they wear or display apparel or stickers from their previous state. If your state is so special then go back.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Most Montana plates here are transplants from California. Thanks for nothing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
It doesn't matter if you're a good transplant or not.

Transplants = growth.

Growth = cultural change and loss of undeveloped regions.

This is why people in heavy growth states are still not really going to like you unreservedly, especially those who are lifers and have watched sprawl cover the areas they used to love to go out in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
I was born and raised in the Bay Area, San Francisco. Later as an adult I lived in Crockett, which is a beautiful little coastal Bay Area town. Even in Crockett the housing was expensive.

When my girlfriend, now wife, and I moved in together, the cheapest thing we could find for ourselves was in Vallejo, which is super busy, super violent. But that's what we could afford, even though I was a manager at a granite shop and my wife was working as an esthetician.

During COVID, we got sucked into "Yellowstone," watched the whole series, and decided to book a trip to Montana in February 2022 just to see how it is.

We stayed in West Yellowstone and had a blast here. One of the days, I decided to look for a job, just to see who was hiring and what they were willing to pay. I googled a couple of granite spots and a company was hiring in Bozeman. I went in for an interview. They asked me, "What will it take for you to move up here?"

They were willing to pay me my $89,000 a year salary plus moving costs, plus a deposit on the place we rented.

From March to April, within a month, I got the job, we rented the house, and we packed up and moved here.

https://i.insider.com/6632bad70dfb1341e9018f60?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

moar
It doesn't matter if you're a good transplant or not.

Transplants = growth.

Growth = cultural change and loss of undeveloped regions.

This is why people in heavy growth states are still not really going to like you unreservedly, especially those who are lifers and have watched sprawl cover the areas they used to love to go out in.

Yep. Low population density can be really nice.
More bodies are more bodies.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#28]

When I see 6 plates I just assume it's a big city thinker from California, Washington, or Texas behind the wheel anyway.  It's usually confirmed by their driving.
View Quote

Lol  
49 representin
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:

I had to make appx. 3000 of them happy per year decade after decade.  Highest friction on the planet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:
Originally Posted By sslocal:

White suburban women will be the death of this country.

I had to make appx. 3000 of them happy per year decade after decade.  Highest friction on the planet.

That must have been one hell of a whore house........
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#30]
let me set the stage for ya:

texans in montucky drive like assholes like they're still road raging in houston.

then *BAM* inch of snow and a touch of ice on the roads.

then texans are doing 10 in the left lane, creeping along like grandma, white knuckling dat bish, four ways on, backing up traffic all the way to wyoming.

JLP3 *passing the texans in the blizzard on the right*:  go back to texas, assholes!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
denzel my man.gif
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#32]

texans in montucky drive like assholes like they're still road raging in houston.

then texans are doing 10 in the left lane, creeping along like grandma, white knuckling dat bish, four ways on, backing up traffic all the way to wyoming.

JLP3 *passing the texans in the blizzard on the right*:  go back to texas, assholes!
View All Quotes

Well you’ve definitely seen me drive in the snow and ice then
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By rtlm:

Well you've definitely seen me drive in the snow and ice then
View Quote
JLP3 watching the 20 year old minivan with texas plates and bald tires barreling up the pass in a blizzard:  that dude ain't comin' back.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
Those two are probably leftists...

...bummer for y'all in Montana
View Quote

your from Idaho, you should be aware this has been happening in northwest for the last 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I do Miss Pickle Barrel, a Dragonslayer would be a treat now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I wonder how they’re doing with today’s weather
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Damn right
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BuckGodot:

I do Miss Pickle Barrel, a Dragonslayer would be a treat now.
View Quote

We should work up a semper Fi pickle barrel delivery for buck
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#39]
I grew up in Belgrade, Graduated from Belgrade High School.  Went to MSU and played for the Bobcats in the 80s.  Graduated from MSU.  The 60s through the 80s were wonderful times in that area.  Belgrade, Bozeman and Four Corners were separated by farmland.  Bridger Bowl was still a sleepy townies resort.  You could fish on all the various rivers and spend the day out there by yourself for the most part, even on the W Gallatin.

I have many fond memories of the Gallatin Valley... Heck, who remembers F11 and the Backporch Picken Parlor?

A sleepy little town when i lived there.

Pickle barrel was in a small place right off campus, and had the best sandwiches ever.  

I havent been back in years, but last time I was there, everything had changed.  and not for the better.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:37:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazyascanbe] [#40]
They noticed people were carrying guns and are looking to make laws so you cant do that

They also see that face to face gun buying is a thing and now want that banned.

With how beautiful the state is and seeing all the trucks they want to create a law to ban trucks and impose a huge tax on fuel to pay for cleaning the environment.

Wind mills and solar panels would be used due to the vast of land available and make no cattle zones so cattle are not killed for food.

It will feel more like home with all of these measures in place
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Right before Covid hit, I bought up the last empty 5 acre lot in an older neighborhood NW of Austin. Built a new house, put in a swimming pool and a 40x60 workshop. We were sent home to work and never have returned to office. I get the cold shoulder from my new neighbors probably thinking I’m a Cali transplant but I’ve lived in the Nextdoor town since 1990. The ones I have met seem surprised when I recall events that have happened here from that timeframe.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Find out they are looking at houses in Seattle - of course. I ask where. Columbia City. Oh... "Hey you guys know that's a high crime area right? Yeah you might find some deals there but that's because it sucks."

"Doesn't matter she already made up her mind."

So they end up buying a place in the shittiest neighborhood of Seattle, going right back to square one, because the guy's wife couldn't handle living in a quiet, crime and drama free area where there weren't enough coffee shops, hip dining locations, and other typical women shit within distance of public transit, and guy couldn't put his foot down.

View Quote

When was your most recent visit to Columbia City? (Neighborhood in Seattle for non-locals.)  I'd like to see hard evidence it's the "shittiest" neighborhood.  I strongly doubt it.  Very much gentrified. I've worked several games there at Rainier ballpark and the gentrification extends beyond just the retail and restaurant core.  Even Hillman City (the next neighborhood to the south) is showing signs of life.  Or look at Garfield.  Somebody is paying to put their white daughters into club teams who are then the makeup of the high-school team.  

These places are simply too near downtown, have some great vintage house bones, and prices are too high to ignore them.

Go look at east Kent, downtown Auburn, Federal Way, SeaTac, Burien. The problems are being pushed farther away; the emerging hierarchy is commute time, not particular neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:49:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#43]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
I just want to say I know where Crockett is, used to ride my motorcycle through the country over to Crockett and Port Chicago.  There's no open farmland there anymore so it wouldn't be a nice bike ride today.

There used to be a lady in Crockett who handmade leather riding gear.  She would measure you like you were being fitted for suit but her material of choice was leather.  I am sure she has passed by now but she had a booming business making gear for all the bikers.
View Quote

There is tons of open space south of Crockett. With the exception of 4 running across there and some ranches… it’s about as wild as it gets in the Bay Area. Lots of EBMUD watershed. One of my favorite drives is from Crocket to Port Costa to Briones then down to San Pablo Dam Road. Incredible country and not many people use it. I used to do the 14 mile hike around Briones Reservoir all the time, it was the exception to come across a single person, yet you have well over a million people completely surrounding you. It’s an absolute oasis.

It’s where I got this when I was out there in March.

California Critters Trail Cam 3-4/24

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Couple of thoughts:

- Based on his dress and wannabe gangsta vibe, that guy looks like an asshole. That is what matters, not where he is from.

- The winters aren't that bad here and don't seem to drive off enough people. That said, there's a fresh 3 inches of wet snow on my driveway...

- Certain types of native Montanans are almost worse than many of the transplants.

- I can't decide which I like less...Bozeman or Missoula.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#45]

eta @mancat

eta 2 Back in the 90s I lived at 5th and Warren in Bremerton before moving to a really nice place on Tracyton near the fairgrounds. I got paid to be at Lollapalooza and Endfest. Good times.
View All Quotes

@McGuy

Yes to both

eta @mancat

Seabeck Pizza is still good but it's not as good as it was in the early 90's. As far as Braindead Island, I'd like to clear cut it then blow up the bridge. I miss those big shows at the fairgrounds. worked EMS for a few of them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#46]
OP can still ski in the evening but surfing's gonna be a bummer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By S1W:
Couple of thoughts:

- Based on his dress and wannabe gangsta vibe, that guy looks like an asshole. That is what matters, not where he is from.

- The winters aren't that bad here and don't seem to drive off enough people. That said, there's a fresh 3 inches of wet snow on my driveway...

- Certain types of native Montanans are almost worse than many of the transplants.

- I can't decide which I like less...Bozeman or Missoula.

View Quote

Well, that's enough to keep me away, I used to live in the northeast, in a place that would get snow later into the year.   I respectfully suggest that your tolerance meter for bad weather is skewed.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pinkmist:

your from Idaho, you should be aware this has been happening in northwest for the last 10 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pinkmist:
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
Those two are probably leftists...

...bummer for y'all in Montana

I'm very aware of folks moving here from California...
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:53:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lungbuster] [#50]

y'all can have bozeman.
View Quote

Monica.

I just drove through there a few days ago. It took 40 minutes to get from 4 Corners to the interstate.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top