BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

You've reached peak "fuck this bullshit in particular " when you have one of these because you got sick of TPMS issues.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000009043_jpg-3206335.JPG
View Quote
TPMS programmer?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
TPMS programmer?
View Quote

Yessir
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems to be a decent deal.  Discount Tire here will be $1,400 with the warranty.

I am looking at replacing my KO2's this summer.  Had Duratracs, then these. They start weather aging before I an wear them out.  Considering Nokian's, had them on the wife's vehicle and they did well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:

I’ve gone cross country several times on these and driven through monsoon and a few southern rains-now that is rain.
View Quote

I'm sitting in my truck with K02s right now.
It's slightly damp, a bit of misty rain is falling.

These K02s break loose at every single opportunity.
Now, I know the 22RE under the hood is an astonishingly powerful engine but it's not that beefy.

They suck ass with any moisture.

Friends don't let friends buy K02s.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You may have heard that Texas has had a bit of rain here and there.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The new Goodyear Duratrac RT are pretty damn good in wet conditions.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Hated them on my Tundra. Switched to Cooper AT3s4's and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#7]
In my AO, we have a tire shop that will install tires you bought without ripping you off. So I always get a quote for the tires from a couple places up here, then compare to what i can get them for online. Was able to find the best deal on the tires I run on my dually on Amazon.... $54 cheaper than anywhere else, and about $80 cheaper than the tire shop.

Everyone has their favorite tire/jeans/car make/etc.. Find the tire you like or want to try and spend a little time comparison shopping. You might save some good money that could go towards ammo!

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:35:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Twisted10] [#8]
I run them on my wrangler. They work well in the snow.  Plus they are one of the lightest 37’s you can buy.  Also load range C.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Walmart Cooper AT 265/75/16 $146/tire.

Just did 4 275/65/18 on my wife’s expy. It was under $800 otd. Cost of tires plus around $80 for installation. They will not put non approved tire size on a vehicle. They will let you bring wheels in and have them installed. My wife’s expy had 20s on it from the factory, but she wanted tremor wheels. So we had to show the manager that 18s are an option and it’s the appropriate tire size for the same truck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit, I wish!

$2800 for a set of 35x12.5 r20 Toyo MT load range E for my truck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Look at wild peaks. I’ve had a set for a while and have been very impressed. Sand, mud, snow, rain.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 84bthomas:
Wait for the new ko3 that was just released
View Quote

Then buy discounted ko2s.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Falken wild peaks are the new king
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:30:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#15]
K03’s release in that size next quarter.

But that’s spot on.

I’d look at the Duratrac RT-LT that was released a couple months ago.

The bad influence a few pages up talked me into them.

Only issue is they are not doing the RT in a 265/75/16.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Decent enough deal where I wouldn't be super worried about shopping elsewhere for a better deal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#17]
And here I sit trying to decide whether I want to spend $122.00 or $125.00 per tire for my truck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Having both New KO2s and new KO3s on similar vehicles. The KO3s are very good.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
Everybody was on the ko2 dick riding train not long ago... Now everybody hates ko2s

I don't get it.
View Quote

Not me.  Will probably be getting another set(5) on Jeep.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Dealer quoted me 1265.00 mounted balanced, roadside, blah blah for 4 BFG ko2s 265r75-16

Fo or no?
View Quote

The price is about what they're going for.

But consider these as well...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
When my tires are $1500+ Go for it OP.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MJ11B4P] [#22]
Everybody was on the ko2 dick riding train not long ago... Now everybody hates ko2s

I don't get it.
View Quote

Seriously. I’m 52K miles into a set on my 4Runner… just put a few hundred miles on them driving through the Smokies last week. Aside from getting a little noisy, they still have good tread life and handle better than they should, IMO.

FWIW, load range C… dealer incorrectly installed a load range E model initially, I can see some hate for those for daily driving.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlutealCleft] [#23]
View Quote

I've been on the KO/KO2 train for a real long time.  The only thing bad about them is that they do get noisy as they wear.  I dabbled in the Nitto waters with Terra and Ridge grapplers, both sucked hard in the snow/water compared to KO2s, and they didn't last as long as the BFGs.   Right now I'm on Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T, and they're amazing wet or dry, and so far, a lot more quiet than the BFGs.

No hate from me on the BFGs, but the Mickeys seem so far to be as good, and possibly better considering that they're a lot more quiet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#24]
$1001 at Costco for the size you are looking for.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#25]
KO2 and DuraTrac best two tires I’ve used.  

Are KO3 out yet?

Last year I got 5 35x12.5 R17 DuraTrac installed for $14oo.  I’d look for a better deal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:46:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#26]
Originally Posted By 56cbr600rr:
Last year I got 5 35x12.5 R17 DuraTrac installed for $14oo.  I’d look for a better deal.
View Quote

That was last year.

At discount tire - those will be $2358 OTD for 4 tires.  $2947 for 5.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:

Congrats.  Dumbest post of the day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:

And your rims, if your rig has rims change your rims also. Your now looking at another $2000+

Congrats.  Dumbest post of the day.
Why do morons call wheels rims?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:08:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Igloo87] [#28]
This thread freaked me out about my new truck tires...

I just aged out my KO 295/75 R16 (D) on my 2003 F250SD Ford and replaced them with KO2 295/75 R16 E on my truck.  I was happy with my KOs.  Worried about the KO2s just installed on my truck.

$1325 from Tirerack delivered including taxes.  $156 mount and balance at Walmart.

Just a thought...the BFG is a LT tire.  You have to run it at higher inflation pressure than the P metric truck tires.  

Your average BFG (1/2 ton) tire needs to be run about 48psi of air pressure.  Higher than a metric tire.  I am running my new KO2s at about 55psi.

Anyways...ran my new KO2s through a "speed test" and they were smooth as silk and quiet...

Here is a calculator to help you run the proper tire pressures...here...

Here is the actual data for proper tire inflation from Toyo...you may be running lower pressures that are proper for your tire...here...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#29]
My new ‘24 Raptor came with 35” KO2’s. First set of KO2’s for me so cannot really comment much on them since it’s only been 1k miles. They are quiet on the highway and seem decent in the wet. My previous sets on my gladiator/wrangler were duratracs, wild peaks, and ridge grapplers. The ridge grapplers were the worst of those 3 by far (heavy, shitty in wet conditions, didn’t last more then 25k miles).  

I’ve been looking at 37’s to put on the Raptor and the KO2’s are one of the lightest tires in that category. They also have some of the best ratings/feedback online but definitely getting dragged in GD.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
ko2s suck.  no fo
View Quote

Nice to look at, fucking terrible in any mud. Tread packs full and turn into slicks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Mine won't balance
View Quote

I have had a couple sets lately that I had to have re-balanced for a vibration around 45-60 mph.  Last two BFG sets burned down quickly.  Off road store told me to buy Nitto.  A friend is running them on his trucks.  

If I wear my jorts and new balance shoes, I may just put stock street tires on my truck next time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

Why? Just use the spare you have to drive to the tire shop. That's what it's there for.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Originally Posted By Efl15:
Get 5 so you have a full size matching spare.

Why? Just use the spare you have to drive to the tire shop. That's what it's there for.

This is the place where people obsess and overthink everything, just like a Friends or Seinfeld episode.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By WDEagle:
$1221 all inclusive (including tax) @ Discount tire.

$1102 including tax @ Tire Rack.  Mounting/balancing/etc. cost additional.

Dealers price looks OK.

That being said ... in my location, I would go to Discount Tire instead of using my local dealership. Local dealership is hit or miss on quality of work. That plus DT will not try to up sale you air filter & wipers.
View Quote

Actually DT will try to sell wipers now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#34]

I don't get it.
View Quote

It has always been that way with tires who knew people are easily influenced by influencers . Falken wild peaks got pimped so much that everyone had to have them. Then the price went up and now everyone hates those too because the “quality went out the window with the price increase”.

MOST complaints stem from people wanting an aggressive look without leaving pavement ever and then act surprised when a M/T or Agressice A/T wear like shit on pavement, like no shit that’s not what they were made for.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:11:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rifleman_556] [#35]
Don't like KO2s, never have.

Didn't hold up worth a crap on 3/4 or 1 ton trucks, and on the half tons when you got in mud they wouldn't clean out and turned into slicks.

I had a set of Patagonia A/Ts on my F150 that performed better in mud than the KO2s just because they would actually self-clean

I stick with cheap A/T or R/T tires due to how I replace them. I've found it cheaper to not rotate the tires on my duallys, and get 60k-80k on the rear 4 tires. Regular rotation means I get to buy all 6 at once instead of just the front 2...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
I got some Good year Wrangler duratracs 265/70R 16s for $1061 this week.

Bought at the Toyota dealership $226 each $904 plus $157 mounting, road hazard and lifetime balancing. Sapper buddy got me a deal, no clue if it was good or not.

KO2s you describe is $257 each or $1028 a set. Plus $237 for mounting etc.

Not enough money for me to care if I wanted the KO2s.

My Wranglers are not the best but quiet, more quiet that I expected. Have you driven a truck with the KO2s? My buddy let me drive his Tacoma with the same tires I bought and I was happy.
View Quote

As a 30 Year QC Goodyear tire employee (retired) you could not give me a Goodyear Tire. Period, Full Stop. Just say'in. Especially a Wrangler.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Just landed 4 275/65/20 Michelin lex at2 $1600 otd plus $50 for new sensors.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Duratrac RT is what you seek.  

Dig deeper in that wallet though.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BoRdErBaCoN:
Duratrac RT is what you seek.  

Dig deeper in that wallet though.  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I just paid 2k for truck tires.  So that’s a good deal
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:
My new ‘24 Raptor came with 35” KO2’s. First set of KO2’s for me so cannot really comment much on them since it’s only been 1k miles. They are quiet on the highway and seem decent in the wet. My previous sets on my gladiator/wrangler were duratracs, wild peaks, and ridge grapplers. The ridge grapplers were the worst of those 3 by far (heavy, shitty in wet conditions, didn’t last more then 25k miles).  

I’ve been looking at 37’s to put on the Raptor and the KO2’s are one of the lightest tires in that category. They also have some of the best ratings/feedback online but definitely getting dragged in GD.
View Quote

I bet some of the posters never owned a set of the KO2s.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

I have had a couple sets lately that I had to have re-balanced for a vibration around 45-60 mph.  Last two BFG sets burned down quickly.  Off road store told me to buy Nitto.  A friend is running them on his trucks.  

If I wear my jorts and new balance shoes, I may just put stock street tires on my truck next time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Mine won't balance

Are jorts ok to wear to the dealership?

Can’t see throwing away a pair of jeans when I can make shorts out of them
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Don't feel bad OP.

The quote for 4 new Open Range 35 x 12.50 R18's is $2266.33 for my Dodge diesel.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I ran a set of K02's on a Ford Factory Highboy I lifted for 5 years before I sold it.

Never had a single issue. Reasonably quiet and looked good too. Not sure why the hate here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#45]
In the past 5 years, I've owned the following AT tires:  Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT, two sets of KO2s (OE tires from Jeep), Falken Wildpeak AT3, Nitto Terra Grappler G2, Continental TerrainContact AT.  

KO2s are shit.  Take them on dirt roads and they grab and toss up every tiny rock and blast the side of your truck.  Take them on rocks and they rip apart.  They're louder than all the other ATs in the above list.  My favorites so far are the Mickey Thompsons and the Falkens.  The Falkens were on a Ram 2500 and did great towing, on dirt, sand, wet weather, etc.  So far the Mickeys are doing great on my Jeep and are not too loud.  They're heavy though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

Word.  They are junk in every measurable way.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
ko2s suck.  no fo

Word.  They are junk in every measurable way.

I don't care for them either.  There are a lot of options out there these days.  I do agree that the carcass is pretty tough and I beat them up without a flat.  But I felt that they lacked traction everywhere off road.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#47]

I don't get it.
View Quote

A decade ago, there were not nearly as many options.  There are a lot of decent AT and MT lite tires now that are better in almost everything.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:

I ran 2 sets. They rode good, maybe a squishy, but I don’t off-road, just drive about 50k a year and I bet I didn’t get 20k out of them. Very soft compound. I don’t like them but it’s fair to say they don’t make them for my needs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#49]

I've hated them for twenty years.  After hearing how amazing they are now on arfcom, I bought a set.  They didn't change.  They're still fucking awful.

Terrible in the wet, a joke in the snow, and slicks would do better in the mud.  The road noise is so bad after they're worn down that it sounds like I'm on groundhawgs.
View Quote

Sounds like maybe you had the long tread version based on your experience.  They sucked, but they quit those.

The current KO2’s are back to being pretty sweet in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Top Top