Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
BFGs suck in the rain during monsoon season and are overpriced for their name and prior reputation. If you want the "look" then I get it otherwise there are better tires for performance and longevity.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boolzi] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By STL_Nik:
4 Michelin LTXs on my F250 just cost me $1700 OTD

Expensive but my professional experience has taught me to only buy Michelin.
View Quote

I’m dropping a set of my f350 rims off tomorrow for some Michelin, the at2, 275/65/20. $1780 i think otd. I usually buy new take offs but they’ve jumped in prices now.

On edit, just called Costco and they will do them for $1580 otd. Guess there is an $80 rebate.

And as far as the bf ko2’s, i could never get 20k out of them, too soft. I drive upwards 50k a year.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By IT_Cowboy:
BFGs suck in the rain during monsoon season and are overpriced for their name and prior reputation. If you want the "look" then I get it otherwise there are better tires for performance and longevity.
View Quote

I’ve gone cross country several times on these and driven through monsoon and a few southern rains-now that is rain.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Idpapaperoperator:

Idk why, and I'm sorry, but it's hard to take people seriously who use the term "Rims". However, it works out because I don't think this post was made to be taken seriously.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Idpapaperoperator:
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:
If your rig has TPMS, make sure you change the sensors.  That adds another $200+.

And your rims, if your rig has rims change your rims also. Your now looking at another $2000+

Idk why, and I'm sorry, but it's hard to take people seriously who use the term "Rims". However, it works out because I don't think this post was made to be taken seriously.

The money I spend on rims every tire change keeps me from spending the money on clips that I need for my guns.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had most brands and Cooper and Yokohama have been my favorites.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Just paid around $2600 for a set of 35x12.5x20.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#7]
That’s a better price than we would have, people pay for the little factory approved marking for their fancy cars though.  

Price some MB 325/35ZR23 Pirellis… that one hurts.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Good timing on this thread. I'm shopping for replacement tires for an F250 currently so I appreciate the suggestions on brands and models here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I was quoted $2700 for four Dunlop 285 60 x 18 tires
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealers (and maybe others) run a buy 3 get 1 free several times a year. I got 33" K02s for my Jeep for just under $1k out the door. Road hazard is included in the price. FWIW
You don't have to have a Chrysler product for that price.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I think that’s about what I paid for 5 KO2s about 1.5 years ago. 5 because I need an extra for the spare on the back. Price sounds about right.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:16:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hatidua] [#12]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
Everybody was on the ko2 dick riding train not long ago... Now everybody hates ko2s

I don't get it.
View Quote

People took the leap of faith and bought set, realized they suck, and moved on to something else.

They are terrible in rain, awful in snow, really loud on the highway, and the edges are fragile.

But they sure do look cool at the mall
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SeanTX:
Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealers (and maybe others) run a buy 3 get 1 free several times a year. I got 33" K02s for my Jeep for just under $1k out the door. Road hazard is included in the price. FWIW
You don't have to have a Chrysler product for that price.
View Quote

I just did that a few weeks ago and put 35s on my Gladiator. It was $1400 mounted, balanced, tpms sensors swapped over to new wheels and also got an alignment. Normally $375 each on the KO2s. Ride is significantly better than the 33" Wildpeaks it came with. Going to put dedicated studded snows on the OEM wheels this fall, so not terribly concerned with severe winter performance on the KO2s.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m in the midwest. K02’s for me were good in the snow, sucked in the rain, were fairly quite for a few years. I sold my 4th gen after it had the k02’s for 4 years and they still had a ton of tread left. I have wildpeaks at3’s on my 5th gen now but am replacing them with the new ones. Wildpeaks I feel were better than the k02’s everywhere except wear. I feel they wear faster.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Also I really wanted the mickey thompson baja boss at’s but they were gonna be like 400 more than what I paid for the wildpeaks since I got them on sale for 238 for 33’s.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I ran KO2s for years across multiple trucks in multiple sizes.  They always performed well in rain, mud, snow, and mild offloading.   Somewhere around 2013 or so that last set I had was total dog shit.  Terrible wear, noisier than usual,  and a bitch to balance.  I tried one more set after that and same thing... I went to Falken Wildpeaks and haven't gone back.   Even put a set of Coopers on my older beater and they were better than the last set of BFGs...

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

Word.  They are junk in every measurable way.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
ko2s suck.  no fo

Word.  They are junk in every measurable way.

Well OP does live in Arizona. So dry road conditions 99.87% of the time. So he should be okay with running them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#18]
If your rig has TPMS, make sure you change the sensors.  That adds another $200+.
View Quote

Tire dealer here wants $400 for tpms sensors and program. Found that out when I bought Fuel wheels from Summit Racing as I purchased sensors and wheels from them. Falken Wildpeak 285/75R18 got from Amazon for $225/ea with tax and shipping included.

Sent the sensors back to Summit for a refund. Still running my 13 y/o TPMS sensors
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Bfg ko2 suck and over priced, do some research you'll find a number of better options.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#20]
Originally Posted By WDEagle:

No, just people who know what the fuck they are doing.  They back their work and the products they sell.

I wanted to replace my 7 year old tires on my Chevy Colorado as I was going to make several long trips soon.  I liked the OEM tires so I ordered the same make & model from DT.  I showed up and they mounted them in less than an hour.  I left the tire store and went home.  Holy hell were they loud.  I kept them a week and went back to DT.  I told them that I was not happy with them and started explaining why.  They stopped me and said "You are not happy with them and that's all we need to know. " I chose a different brand of tire and they swapped them with no cost.  Been happy ever since.
View Quote

I bought a set of Cooper AT3s at Discount, went on a 400 mile trip the next day. As soon as I hit the freeway I hated the AT3s. Same reason - loud as shit on the freeway and wanted to wander everywhere.

I drove straight back to DT upon my return and explained it to them. They waived the fee to unmount and credited 100% of the value towards a set of Michelin Defender LTX which are whisper quiet compared to the AT3s

I liked DT before but I'll always go back to Discount after that experience.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#21]
as another mentioned, check costco & sam’s club.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mancat:

I bought a set of Cooper AT3s at Discount, went on a 400 mile trip the next day. As soon as I hit the freeway I hated the AT3s. Same reason - loud as shit on the freeway and wanted to wander everywhere.

I drove straight back to DT upon my return and explained it to them. They waived the fee to unmount and credited 100% of the value towards a set of Michelin Defender LTX which are whisper quiet compared to the AT3s

I liked DT before but I'll always go back to Discount after that experience.
View Quote

I hated the Michelins Defender LTX that came on my F250 after having to engage 4wd due to spinning on wet grass with them. They had PLENTY of tread left.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
I was quoted $2700 for four Dunlop 285 60 x 18 tires
View Quote

Put some 275/70 on that LC200.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought 4 BFG KO2 LT285/65R18/E 125/122R from PepBoys last year for $1386 installed w/front end alignment and free rotations every 5k miles.

IMO, You're not getting a bad deal. BFG KO2s have never been cheap, I've had them on the last 3 trucks I've owned.

To each his own, I like them, never ever had a problem with road noise, wet/dry traction, tread life, snow or mud.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Sheeeiiiiiiit. I just did this a half hour ago.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Action45:
Go with Falken instead and never look back. I've had both btw
View Quote
My problem is spending the same amount of money for Chinese tires. They used to be a good deal at half the price. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:03:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sixnine] [#27]
I've had a bunch of those on different vehicles. I tried a lot of alternatives but always ended up going back to them. That was until I tried the Falken Wildpeaks. I work in an area that gets lake effect snow and this year I drove home without even momentarily bogging down when we got 3 feet in one day. By the time I went home the mailboxes appeared to be just sitting on top of the snow because you couldn't see the posts. Probably not a big concern in AZ but I was impressed. And 9/16ths tread depth certainly helps in the snow.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

Cooper have consistently been the best tires for me. Grabbers are by far the worst.
View Quote
I tried the Coopers and didn't like how they shedding chunks of rubber.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds about right. I need to replace the Hankooks on my truck before next winter.

Not a fan of K02s though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kentucky_smith:
My problem is spending the same amount of money for Chinese tires. They used to be a good deal at half the price. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92324/IMG_3945_jpeg-3206193.JPG
View Quote

Noice
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SixSquared:
Sounds about right. I need to replace the Hankooks on my truck before next winter.

Not a fan of K02s though.
View Quote
My friend in Minnesota switched to Wildpeaks after having Duratracs because so many people he knew had switched to them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#32]

All true.  Typically, for me, my vehicles get new tires every 4-5 years.  That's because my driving is split among 4 vehicles.  If I got new tires every year, I wouldn't change them out each time.

Even when they are sitting, the TPMS batteries aren't just sitting.  They are slowly going bad.
View Quote
Need to make a wireless charger for them.

Or this

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:

I’ll never take my vehicle there again… pieces of shit gouged the fuck out of my wheels by using a screwdiver to remove the adhesive weights.
View Quote

If you talked to them they probably would have made it right
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

Why? Just use the spare you have to drive to the tire shop. That's what it's there for.
View Quote

Uh because some people go off of the pavement?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:34:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoiseG] [#35]
edit:  That sounds about normal, not really a "deal". Discount Tires is selling them for $270 each.  The KO3s are coming out any day now, can you hold off a couple of month?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#36]
ko2s suck.  no fo
View Quote

Lol, they are only one of the very top rated AT tires that Tire Rack sells.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:35:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#37]

See the post above about Costco.  Apparently they don't like to install customer-supplied sensors.

$55/4 is a great price.  I think I paid $50 each at Discount, installed.
View Quote

What they don’t like is the risk of having to deal with them in programming and if one has failed. Make it clear that you accept all risk, that is what I did at Discount. I had the sensors in my other trailers changed and the mom and pop tire flat place charged me $10 a tire.  So far I have installed 8 of the eBay sensors with no problems.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#38]
it alway surprises me how people think a tire sucks or rules without regard to the AO it will be used in.  Tires that were great in sandy stuff might suck in mud/wet. Tires that are designed for heat tend yo suck in cold.  Dry snow vs wet snow.  etc.  America is a BIG place witn vastly differing climates - not just highway vs off road vs trailering vs prostreet vs track.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Jeffg:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jeffg:
ko2s suck.  no fo

Because people don't know any better.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By scrum:
it alway surprises me how people think a tire sucks or rules without regard to the AO it will be used in.  Tires that were great in sandy stuff might suck in mud/wet. Tires that are designed for heat tend yo suck in cold.  Dry snow vs wet snow.  etc.  America is a BIG place witn vastly differing climates - not just highway vs off road vs trailering vs prostreet vs track.
View Quote

I've had ATs in dry snow, wet snow, clay, sand, slimy top soil, swamps, from Georgia to Pennsylvania.

They fucking suck in every geographic location.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
Everybody was on the ko2 dick riding train not long ago... Now everybody hates ko2s

I don't get it.
View Quote

Between my last truck and my jeep that replaced it, KO tires is all I've used on both, since 2002.
Man I'm old.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Congrats.  Dumbest post of the day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:

And your rims, if your rig has rims change your rims also. Your now looking at another $2000+

Congrats.  Dumbest post of the day.

You don't understand sarcasm do you?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

You bought a very mild set of All Terrain tires...and replaced them with a set of street tires. Of course they are quieter...and better on the road. What an odd discovery.

Michelin builds a good tire. It would be neat if they would make something even remotely resembling an All Terrain.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:33:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maslin02] [#45]
Originally Posted By Zebra120:

You bought a very mild set of All Terrain tires...and replaced them with a set of street tires. Of course they are quieter...and better on the road. What an odd discovery.

Michelin builds a good tire. It would be neat if they would make something even remotely resembling an All Terrain.
View Quote

FedEx runs them on the rear, Ribs on the front. Heaviest damn 16" tires I've ever messed with, don't think they really need air.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Take a look at the pirelli scorpion all terrain… paid a little less than that, but pretty happy with them
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Because they don't last forever.  They have a tiny battery that goes bad.  Murphy's Law says that a week after you get new tires they will go bad.  When the tires are off for replacement, it saves a BUNCH of $ on labor/mounting/balancing to replace them.  Ask me how I know.
View Quote

you can buy them elsewhere for a few bucks. like 12-20 a  piece.  Tire shop broke mine and wanted me to pay for it.   total clusterfuck there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#48]
You've reached peak "fuck this bullshit in particular " when you have one of these because you got sick of TPMS issues.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#49]
As far as price, it seems fine. I wouldn't waste time looking around to save literally a few dollars.

I used to love those tires, but people sure have a lot of complaints about them in recent years. Could be complete bullshit, who knows.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#50]
ko2s suck.  no fo
View Quote

This,I have never understood the hype,Toyo's for me.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top