Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

I hope it lasts until June 22 at least. That should be an entertaining day!
View Quote

Anniversary of Barbarossa. Hitler's invasion of the Soviet Union.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

Odd. I always thought appeals of judgments and pre-trial motions were part of due process.

Especially when there are highly novel legal theories as the foundation of government action against a defendant.

View Quote

Not when it's Trump and the TDS folks are having another breakdown.  Then it's some shady tactic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CMiller:

Sure--indefinitely in this case means "until I set a new date".

It already happened in the D.C. trial--no trial date is set because they are waiting on the Supreme Court decision.  Once they clear that hurdle the judge will set a new date.  Until then it's postponed indefinitely.  If something else gets appealed it will happen again.

In this case, she set dates for various defense motions in May, June, and July, as well as a bunch of other procedural stuff:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/530/united-states-v-trump/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000008330_jpg-3208529.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000008332_jpg-3208530.JPG

Doesn't sound like a case "falling apart" to me...

I keep telling you guys if you just take a few minutes to read the actual court documents you might understand a little better what's going on and not sound so dumb when you talk about this stuff.

(Tagging a few regulars to consolidate the response and not clutter up multiple threads with the same topic)
@Maxxll
@Scoobysmak
@Cincinnatus
@Redec
@UtahShotgunner
@Tallahasseezz
@Morlawn66
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

What are you talking about?

Why does anybody think it's significant that she postponed the trial date?

Removed other random gibberish as it is not relevant

Can you define:  Indefinitely for everyone....

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/CD5B1B69-9216-403B-9358-C05A3A07987F-482.gif

Sure--indefinitely in this case means "until I set a new date".

It already happened in the D.C. trial--no trial date is set because they are waiting on the Supreme Court decision.  Once they clear that hurdle the judge will set a new date.  Until then it's postponed indefinitely.  If something else gets appealed it will happen again.

In this case, she set dates for various defense motions in May, June, and July, as well as a bunch of other procedural stuff:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/530/united-states-v-trump/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000008330_jpg-3208529.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000008332_jpg-3208530.JPG

Doesn't sound like a case "falling apart" to me...

I keep telling you guys if you just take a few minutes to read the actual court documents you might understand a little better what's going on and not sound so dumb when you talk about this stuff.

(Tagging a few regulars to consolidate the response and not clutter up multiple threads with the same topic)
@Maxxll
@Scoobysmak
@Cincinnatus
@Redec
@UtahShotgunner
@Tallahasseezz
@Morlawn66

The hilarious part is where you say we sound dumb because we’re uninformed.

People with ALOT of knowledge about TS clearances have explained them ad nauseam to you and you close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and shout “lalala - I’m not listening! I can’t hear you!”

People who understand legal systems and procedures have explained them to you, and gone in depth with the issues in this case ad nauseam to you and you close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and shout “lalala - I’m not listening! I can’t hear you!”

But we’re uninformed?

People disagree all the time.
That is one way information is shared.
I believe something different than you. We disagree.
We have a conversation about it.
One side is able to sway the other or not.
Disagreement is fine.
You’re delusional.
Delusional is where someone ignores facts provided by people who actually know things and present them for consideration. These facts can easily be researched & verified.
However, delusional people refuse to do so for various reasons. Sometimes for mental health reasons - as in they are fixated in what they believe and cannot be swayed from their erroneous beliefs.
I know a mentally ill man named Mohammed. Mohammed is a 6’08 Nigerian man who believes cell phones steal his life force. Mohammed gets very angry when people use cell phones around him.
Mohammed basically lives along the Metro-Link which is a large electric Monorail system here in St Louis. Mohammed believes the Metro Link lines can replace the life force that gets stolen from him when people use cell phones near him.
I don’t agree with Mohammed’s belief that cell phones steal his life force. But I’m not going to be able convince him he’s wrong because he’s committed to that delusion.
I know you’re delusional about Trump because you’re fixated on him and cannot let go.

If you’re truly here as a firearms enthusiast, stay out of the political talk, and start posting about firearms.
But you won’t because you’re not here as a firearms enthusiast
You’re here to disrupt things and cause discord & rancor.
And the worst part is that you’re not very good at it.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope you’re not delusional. But I deal with a lot of mentally ill people regularly. And I get the (experience based) feeling that you’re incapable of walking away from Trump posts because you’re fixated in your delusion.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

Julie Kelly gives the full rundown on the staged photo from the MAL raid.

https://www.declassified.live/p/the-dojs-doctored-crime-scene-photo
View Quote
If that's true, the case is toast.  If the government knew this and took this long to disclose it, the prosecutors should be toast.  It's an ethical violation to say the least but in the case of a once and current presidential candidate I can't see how the malfeasance doesn't constitute election interference.  

If the prosecution was legitimate that's one thing, and still a major question, but if you knowingly pursue a faulty case against a candidate....yeah...that's something more.

Looks to me like Cannon is flipping the script on the prosecution.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:

So, Trump's procedural legal tactics have likely resulted in the cases against him being delayed to irrelevancy....  Whether or not those appeals had any real legal merit, in and of themselves?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4-AK:

This is May 8, do the math.

The Fani trial is now bongos. The Mar a Lao trial is bongos, and yesterday the Hush Money trial may have "Jumped the Shark".

Hmmmmm.

So, Trump's procedural legal tactics have likely resulted in the cases against him being delayed to irrelevancy....  Whether or not those appeals had any real legal merit, in and of themselves?

Your first sentence answers your question  in the second.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Delusional is where someone ignores facts provided by people who actually know things and present them for consideration. These facts can easily be researched & verified.
View Quote

Sorry, I must have missed where all these supposed experts actually presented facts that can be easily researched and verified.  All I've seen is "trust me, I'm an expert and you're an idiot". (To be fair, there have been a few times when people actually tried to back up their claims, and it turned out they were claiming something completely different than what their sources actually said.)

However, I do what I can to provide links to show where I get my information, and then usually either people ignore them or play the silly "your source is illegitimate" game.

And I'm the problem?

I hope you can understand why I would not take somebody seriously if their immediate response to anything is to assume that it's more likely the government is lying in court filings than not.  They're welcome to live in a fantasy world if they choose, but don't expect me to accept their version of reality at face value.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
They passed the matter without date.

This is a good thing for Trump.

He will still lose in November.

Trump will be okay. He will live out his years fighting civil suits. Tweeting how it’s unfair.

We the people will continue to suffer the consequences of a tyrannical government. Weeeeeee
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
Everyone just needs to vote harder next time!
View Quote
Pass.

I don't waste time on symbolic gestures.

I'll go shooting instead, should have the range to myself while the lemmings stand in line for feelz.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
 They're welcome to live in a fantasy world if they choose, but don't expect me to accept their version of reality at face value.
View Quote

I LOLing at you again.
Please don't throw out another @.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

The entire collection of indictments and trials is a nefarious plot.

It's all obviously coordinated.

If you cant see this, you are blind.
View Quote
Or they are one of the many under_scores that have convinced much of GD that they are simply Never_trumpers.

There are many of them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The dems got what they were after.
All the idiot leftists will remember is the staged photo of documents on the floor with CLASSIFIED cover sheets and evidence tags.
They will never hear that it was a setup because the treasonist MSM where they get their "facts" will never tell them the truth.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#12]

The entire collection of indictments and trials is a nefarious plot.

It's all obviously coordinated.

If you cant see this, you are blind.
View Quote

They support the deep state. Willful blindness.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]

If you paid attention to any legitimate legal commentary on this case, nobody actually thought that date would not be moved.  Everybody expected multiple months of continued delay because Trump's team is making a bunch of frivolous motions and this judge takes forever to decide on anything.  Trump's team made this delay happen very intentionally, and everybody knows it.

What happened today was completely expected and predictable.  When the judge actually issues a ruling on something then maybe there will be something worth talking about.
View Quote

Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

None of the cases against him had legal merit.

The only possible exception was the classified documents case, but at this point we can now say it never had legal merit.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
All the idiot leftists will remember is the staged photo of documents on the floor with CLASSIFIED cover sheets and evidence tags.
They will never hear that it was a setup because the treasonist MSM where they get their "facts" will never tell them the truth.
View Quote

No, Trump is leading in the polls. The Democrats may still be able to cheat enough to win, but so far their lawfare on Trump seems to be falling flat.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
Everyone just needs to vote harder next time!
View Quote

Like 3 times
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

of course.  they're still ITT too, and still believe what they've been told to believe by the MSM
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Odd. I always thought appeals of judgments and pre-trial motions were part of due process.

Especially when there are highly novel legal theories as the foundation of government action against a defendant.

View All Quotes
So, Trump's procedural legal tactics

Yes of course….. and can they also be used for procedural purposes to artificially create delays whether or not they have substantial merit?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John_Wayne777] [#21]
Yes of course….. and can they also be used for procedural purposes to artificially create delays whether or not they have substantial merit?
View Quote

Oh, I'd say that given that this is a completely novel prosecution attempt against a completely novel defendant, I'd say that merit is abundant on challenging every aspect of this prosecution.

Nothing like this has ever been brought against a former president before.

It's rather silly to look at the absolutely massive import of the issues raised by this prosecution and intimate that there's no merit to challenging this administration's positions on the prosecution of the case.

It's not like there is abundant jurisprudence touching directly on the issues at hand. And the defendant's presumption of innocence requires a fair hearing.

The prosecution could have sped things up significantly by not attempting to block Trump's attorneys from discovery efforts, for example. That could have saved boatloads of time. They didn't seem interested in that for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Oh, I'd say that given that this is a completely novel prosecution attempt against a completely novel defendant, I'd say that merit is abundant on challenging every aspect of this prosecution.

It's rather silly to look at the absolutely massive import of the issues raised by this prosecution and intimate that there's no merit to challenging this administration's positions on the prosecution of the case.

It's not like there is abundant jurisprudence touching directly on the issues at hand. And the defendant's presumption of innocence requires a fair hearing.

The prosecution could have sped things up significantly by not attempting to block Trump's attorneys from discovery efforts, for example. That could have saved boatloads of time. They didn't seem interested in that for some reason.
View All Quotes

Have you read their motion and seen the discovery they were requesting? It's basically an extension of Trump's crazy ranting on Truth about conspiracies.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Have you read their motion and seen the discovery they were requesting? It's basically an extension of Trump's crazy ranting on Truth about conspiracies.
View Quote

Like the Russia collusion conspiracy?  Some of us just can't get past the fact that the same people that ran that scam are pulling the strings here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#24]

You are clearly suggesting that the appeals put forth by Trump's legal team lack substantial merit, and are specifically designed to create "artificial delays."

Is there anything specific and substantial upon which you base this?
View All Quotes

You are clearly suggesting that the appeals put forth by Trump's legal team lack substantial merit, and are specifically designed to create "artificial delays."

Morris Albert - Feelings (1975)
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 1911SFOREVER:

Like the Russia collusion conspiracy?  Some of us just can't get past the fact that the same people that ran that scam are pulling the strings here.
View Quote
They have to give this devastating loss a soft landing somehow or another.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
They have to give this devastating loss a soft landing somehow or another.
View Quote

I would hold off on ascribing anything as a "devestating loss" to either side until the judge actually rules on the motions filed.

All that happened was Trump's attorneys filed several pre-trial motions, and the judge recognized there wasn't enough time for all of them to be heard before the scheduled trial start date.  There were also apparently CIPA issues which remain unsatisfactorily adjudicated.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

His TDS....He see's/read's the same shit all of us do, but for some reason him and a few others come up with a completely different takeaway every time..Weird how 3000 people can all see/read the same thing and come up with the same conclusion minus a couple dozen others who see exactly the opposite....
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Josh,
Tampering with evidence is a serious issue. When there is no ability to track who did what with the evidence, that shows there is no accountability.
Chain of custody for evidence is everything for a case.
Without a solid chain of custody, you don't know who did what to which item.
A halfway decent defense attorney could make molehills into mountains about a case with a half-ass chain of custody, let alone one where the prosecution admits it was manipulated and is not as depicted.
I actually understand what I'm talking about here. I'm not talking out of my ass or making things bigger than they really are.
I don't worship blindly at the altar of Trump.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Josh:

I’ll do you a solid:

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/484/518/

“Page 484 U. S. 527
The President, after all, is the "Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States." U.S.Const., Art. II, § 2. His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security and to determine whether an individual is sufficiently trustworthy to occupy a position in the Executive Branch that will give that person access to such information flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant. See Cafeteria Workers v. McElroy, 367 U. S. 886, 367 U. S. 890 (1961). “

@MaxxII Ok, thanks for at least answering the question.

I did see that, it was the only part I thought might remotely be relevant.  And it certainly would be relevant, if the question was regarding the President's authority regarding classification.  But it isn't.  Literally NOBODY says Trump did not have the power to declassify anything he wanted, while he was President.  Not even the craziest most wacko lefty commie socialist ANTIFA BLM whatever Trump hater says that.

The only question being argued on the topic of classification is whether the President has to prove he actually declassified something for it to be true.  Trump has made no claim other than "I did it in my mind".  He hasn't claimed he told anybody, and he certainly hasn't said he wrote it down anywhere.

There are people here saying it's enough that he says he had the thought, or the evidence of it happening is the boxes being moved out of the White House.

I, and every legal analyst I respect, think that's ridiculous.  I'm not a lawyer so I'm not going to try to collect the citations to include in a court filing making the case, but I did find where this question came before the 5th Circuit appeals court recently (panel of 3 judges), and they very curtly dismissed it as nonsense.  They basically said "you say it happened, but you have provided no evidence it happened, so it didn't happen.  But even if it did, it still doesn't matter because he can show no need to have those documents in the first place.  So GTFO of here."

I also offered the Presidential Records Act where it says the President SHALL make sure every official act of his office is documented.

I have yet to see anybody provide anything that makes the case for how those judges wrong, other than unsubstantiated claims (repeated many times in various threads).  If I'm a troll for not accepting that, then I guess I need to revise my definition of troll.

(The question is also not HOW the President has to document his declassification of something, only WHETHER he must do it in some way of his choosing.  I think it's well established that it is at the very least not clear how Trump would have had to document any last minute declassification.
But it 's obvious that when he wanted to make sure it happened, as he did regarding the Crossfire Hurricane documents, he/his team made sure to leave no doubt--they wrote it up in an executive order and he signed it right before he left office.)

And you didnt “miss a question” you completely ignored it as you replied to my post but refused to address in the questions asked.  I’ll do you another solid and give you a chance to answer them again.  

From page 19 of this thread:

So we have some pretty serious issues with the evidence against Trump.

1. Chain of custody with regard to items (top secret documents) shipped to Mara Lago that Trump  et al did not ask for or request, which he was later charged for possession of.

Thanks for the repost.

I'm unclear as to the facts on this one.  Have you seen something authoritative that has established this?

I was trying to figure out why nobody is talking about this, even at Fox News (who I'm quite confident would like to talk about anything they can substantiate that favors Trump's side of the story).  I think it might be because none of this is new--even though it might have been redacted in the court documents, here's a story from CNN in 2022 talking about it:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/10/politics/trump-documents-shipping-gsa/index.html

Here's a Bloomberg story that I think was the first reporting about 100 pages of emails related to all of it, correspondence between Trump's people and GSA (might be a paywall):

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-05/trump-says-feds-packed-top-secret-mar-a-lago-documents-foia-says-they-didn-t

Here's a WP story from a week ago going through all of it--they also reported on the GSA thing in 2022:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/30/trump-documents-case-rumor-false/

An excerpt:

-------

After Trump (grudgingly) left office, he was allotted funding to run a transition office, a process that involved the GSA. Because he rejected his election loss for so long, his team was slow to set things up. Shortly before Biden was inaugurated, Vice President Mike Pence’s team chose a GSA-managed space in Crystal City for its office. Trump’s team asked whether it could be there, too.

Former presidents are allowed six months of funding for their transitions. So, with a hard deadline of July 21, Trump’s team operated out of the GSA building in Crystal City. One staffer informed the GSA that “as many as 100 boxes of presidential gifts would be stored at the Crystal City office,” The Post reported, based on an email sent to the GSA.

“[T]he Crystal City office was crammed with leftover stuff from the Trump White House with no apparent organization and little knowledge of what was even there,” our report noted.

July 21 arrived, and the Crystal City office still had a bunch of stuff in it. Trump’s staff put material into boxes and boxes on pallets. Two pallets finally arrived at Mar-a-Lago on Sept. 14. The other four pallets (including two that had been repacked after a pallet became oversized) went to a nearby storage facility.

In requesting material to pack up Crystal City, Trump staffer Desiree Thompson Sayle asked for 30 bankers’ boxes, the small white boxes featured in photos in the Trump indictment. There were also 15 small cardboard boxes, 30 medium-size ones and 10 large ones. The pallets that ended up at Mar-a-Lago were a mix of these types of boxes.

Compare this with Kelly’s presentation. These were not obviously “the boxes that ended up containing papers with ‘classified markings,' ” though some may have been. Regardless, the material in Crystal City was not held or managed by the GSA; instead, it was material that was part of Trump’s post-presidential office. Trump also brought several boxes directly to Mar-a-Lago after he left office.

Interestingly, a member of Trump’s team provided a letter to the GSA (at the agency’s request) attesting that “the items being shipped from Arlington, VA to Palm Beach, FL are required to wind down the Office of the Former President or are items that are property of the Federal Government” — stipulations required for the move to be paid for by transition funds.

-------

2. Evidence tampering wherein the main evidence against Trump has been manipulated & altered to a degree that even Alan Dershowitz says is a serious problem. Dershowitz of course being the liberal lawyer who is quite talented and also intellectually honest and will call out both sides for their issues on a matter. Dershowitz has been quite open & transparent about hid dislike of Trump, but dislikes the lawfare used against Trump even more.

I do not see how these are not major Fruit of the Poisonous Tree violations.

Your reply to the above was to laugh at Dershowitz and suggest Andrew McCarthy.

Again, there are a lot of facts to establish before this question can be discussed.  From what I can figure out, basically this story started with a factual statement (that technically the evidence is not EXACTLY as it was when removed during the raid).

Then, ignoring any related details, MAGA Media just ran with the narrative "evidence has been tampered with, manipulated, altered, etc." and all the legal "experts" reacted based on worst case assumptions.

If evidence really was tampered with, altered, manipulated, etc. to the point that it meets whatever legal standard exists where it becomes a serious problem, then I would certainly be on the side of "this is a serious problem!"

BUT...

If you really care about the truth, feel free to read the source document for yourself.  Remember--the only source for these claims is statements made by the government in a court filing, so there isn't much to argue about regarding the known information so far:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653.522.0.pdf

It's only 13 pages, and the relevant section begins on page 6.  You can read it in a few minutes.

For the TL/DR crowd--they describe what has happened to the boxes since they were seized, who has handled them, who has done what with them, etc.  The ONLY notable part of the entire document is that they volunteer (without being asked first) that things are not EXACTLY as they were originally, because the order of documents might have changed for various innocuous reasons.  However, the contents of each box are exactly as they were originally, other than that placeholders were substituted for classified documents that needed to be stored separately so as to follow security protocols properly.

Fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine: A rule under which evidence that is the direct result of illegal conduct on the part of an official is inadmissible in a criminal trial against the victim of the conduct.

I assume it's obvious why I would be dubious so far about claims that all of this meets that definition.

Do with all that as you wish, I hope I have satisfied your demands and maybe positively affected your perception of me a little...?

Ignoring the whole "Classified-Documents-in-a-box-in-a-warehouse-shipped-to-Trump" chain of custody issues...
If the documents were manipulated or altered, who did it?
If you cannot show who altered or manipulated the documents he's being charged for...you have a serious chain of custody issue.

As idiotic as this case is, there's not some massive evidence issue here because the FBI pulled classified docs and put placeholders in their place and maybe possibly some documents got shuffled around in the boxes when they went through them.  That's an extremely weak argument.

Josh,
Tampering with evidence is a serious issue. When there is no ability to track who did what with the evidence, that shows there is no accountability.
Chain of custody for evidence is everything for a case.
Without a solid chain of custody, you don't know who did what to which item.
A halfway decent defense attorney could make molehills into mountains about a case with a half-ass chain of custody, let alone one where the prosecution admits it was manipulated and is not as depicted.
I actually understand what I'm talking about here. I'm not talking out of my ass or making things bigger than they really are.
I don't worship blindly at the altar of Trump.

You’re arguing a different discussion than what I said.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:

As a former training administrator thank you for not waiting until September 30 deadline to complete your mandatory training
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:

I did my whole training list last week.  

lol

As a former training administrator thank you for not waiting until September 30 deadline to complete your mandatory training

I was also a training officer for a little while…. Lol
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Sorry, I must have missed where all these supposed experts actually presented facts that can be easily researched and verified.  All I've seen is "trust me, I'm an expert and you're an idiot". (To be fair, there have been a few times when people actually tried to back up their claims, and it turned out they were claiming something completely different than what their sources actually said.)

However, I do what I can to provide links to show where I get my information, and then usually either people ignore them or play the silly "your source is illegitimate" game.

And I'm the problem?

I hope you can understand why I would not take somebody seriously if their immediate response to anything is to assume that it's more likely the government is lying in court filings than not.  They're welcome to live in a fantasy world if they choose, but don't expect me to accept their version of reality at face value.
View All Quotes

And I'm the problem?

You are not "The Problem".
You are a symptom of the problem.
"The Problem" is people seeking to prevent Donald Trump from being elected President by illegal and immoral means, such as manufacturing crimes against him (or any other political rival) for the sake of preventing him from winning.
What you (and others) don't get is that this isn't about Trump for "my" side. It's about right and wrong.
What is being done to Trump would be wrong if it was Trump doing it to Biden.
It is so wrong, that people who genuinely dislike Trump are pointing out how wrong it is and are actively decrying the attacks being used against him.
That is happening here on this thread.

However, because of your delusion you do not understand why these actions are wrong. You see that the ends justify the means, when they really do not. The means negates the ends and results in the destruction of our Country as a result.
But being delusional, you (and others) fail to acknowledge that issue.

Mohammed at least has found a workaround for his mental illness. He lives underneath power lines to "recharge" himself.
You are going to have a tough time finding a workaround for your fixation. You will likely need assistance as you are not able to leave this compulsion alone.
Fixating on things like this is usually unhealthy.
Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

conspiracies, not conspiracy theories since they're actually happening
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#32]

You’re arguing a different discussion than what I said.

View Quote

Please feel free to explain.
I've re-read your original post several times and do not see where I'm arguing a different discussion.
Not being argumentative, just not seeing what you're saying?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Everyone can see there are substantial reasons to delay the case. Or perhaps throw it out and investigate those who pushed it for election interference.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

I would hold off on ascribing anything as a "devestating loss" to either side until the judge actually rules on the motions filed.

All that happened was Trump's attorneys filed several pre-trial motions, and the judge recognized there wasn't enough time for all of them to be heard before the scheduled trial start date.  There were also apparently CIPA issues which remain unsatisfactorily adjudicated.
View Quote

LOL. The unredacted documents show serious concerns for how the prosecution was handling the evidence. The fact this is just a postponement is the judge being careful due to the seriousness of what is ongoing (a deep state coup to upend yet another election).
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By xd341:
If that's true, the case is toast.  If the government knew this and took this long to disclose it, the prosecutors should be toast.  It's an ethical violation to say the least but in the case of a once and current presidential candidate I can't see how the malfeasance doesn't constitute election interference.  

If the prosecution was legitimate that's one thing, and still a major question, but if you knowingly pursue a faulty case against a candidate....yeah...that's something more.

Looks to me like Cannon is flipping the script on the prosecution.
View Quote

And this was the one case which could have been legit. All the others were obvious garbage from the start.

Although in context of how they handle other classified document cases (Biden, Clinton) even if this one was technically legit it would still be sketchy. And that's just with 1st order analysis. If we go 2nd or 3rd order it's even worse.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4-AK:

This is May 8, do the math.

The Fani trial is now bongos. The Mar a Lao trial is bongos, and yesterday the Hush Money trial may have "Jumped the Shark".

Hmmmmm.

You can tell yourself that until the cows come home, just go ahead and tell us that Fani didn't commit perjury on the stand....yet in charge of that shit show.  Please show us where Jack's documents maintained accountability the entire time after they were taken from Mar a Lago, I mean at this point Jack mishandled classified documents....he should charge himself with the same crime at this point.  The hush money trial with main witnesses consisting of a porn star and a jailed lawyer who plead guilty to his crimes......

....yet you claim its Trumps lawyers........I will somewhat concede and just say it is Trump's lawyers pointing out the obvious.  You can feel free to keep handing his lawyers the same type "gift baskets" though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DonS:

LOL. The unredacted documents show serious concerns for how the prosecution was handling the evidence. The fact this is just a postponement is the judge being careful due to the seriousness of what is ongoing (a deep state coup to upend yet another election).
View Quote

Be that as it may, the “devastating loss” for the prosecution will be the judge ruling to that effect, and then dismissing the case with prejudice.

That hasn’t happened yet.  All that’s happened is the judge giving Trump’s attorneys the time and opportunity to try and make that argument.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Advance:

You guys need to stop this way of thinking. He doesn't care. He isn't emotionally invested in any of this. It is his job. He'll be back in the next anti-Trump thread, spewing nonsensical talking points and getting his proverbial nuts kicked in. What you need to keep in mind is, if he does his job right, maybe someone who opposes his views will get banned for losing their cool. Our job is to stay level headed and to keep shinning the light of truth on these cockroaches.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Advance:
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

LMAO, he clocked off, you know that shit hit a nerve....old boy must be in the closet ball-in his brains out...Gotta suck when you think you know everything but the liberals fucked you because they couldn't actually find a crime, so they had to make them, and it is all falling apart in real time in front of the entire country....

You guys need to stop this way of thinking. He doesn't care. He isn't emotionally invested in any of this. It is his job. He'll be back in the next anti-Trump thread, spewing nonsensical talking points and getting his proverbial nuts kicked in. What you need to keep in mind is, if he does his job right, maybe someone who opposes his views will get banned for losing their cool. Our job is to stay level headed and to keep shinning the light of truth on these cockroaches.
Or spend more time on forums that aren't operated by Nancy boys who bend the knee to leftist scum.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Be that as it may, the “devastating loss” for the prosecution will be the judge ruling to that effect, and then dismissing the case with prejudice.

That hasn’t happened yet.  All that’s happened is the judge giving Trump’s attorneys the time and opportunity to try and make that argument.
View Quote

The prosecution already suffered a devastating loss, since the goal was to remove Trump as a viable candidate. It isn't a serious prosecution attempting to apply the law. It's just lawfare to steal an election.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#40]

The prosecution already suffered a devastating loss, since the goal was to remove Trump as a viable candidate. It isn't a serious prosecution attempting to apply the law. It's just lawfare to steal an election.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

This is definitely a win for Trump, no denying that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Or, I dunno, filed the cases as soon as he left office so the cases could be adjudicated before the election.  

Odd timing for a good faith prosecution(s).  

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#43]

If you paid attention to any legitimate legal commentary on this case, nobody actually thought that date would not be moved.  Everybody expected multiple months of continued delay because Trump's team is making a bunch of frivolous motions and this judge takes forever to decide on anything.  Trump's team made this delay happen very intentionally, and everybody knows it.

What happened today was completely expected and predictable.  When the judge actually issues a ruling on something then maybe there will be something worth talking about.
View All Quotes
So much for our predictions that the case sucked so bad that SCOTUS would kill it.

It sucked so bad that it just withered up and died.

You get to choose to believe whether a Federal District Court judge postponing trial because of alleged discovery violations is a big deal.

I would say it's a big deal, and that not setting a new date until after the motions are heard is also a pretty big deal.

Not sure who your legitimate legal commentariat includes.  What was their take on Russian Collusion?  

Frivolous motions?  Frivolous has a pretty specific meaning in legal circles.  I'm not sure why a Federal judge would set frivolous motions for hearing.  What's your defense of this premise?

Defendants intentionally delay cases all the time.  So what?  Is the prosecution's case in chief damaged in a mother-fucking paper case by delay?  

I'll answer that last one.  No.  Paper cases move forward even with delay.  Only the political hit is damaged by the delay if it's a legitimate case.

On the flip side, the defense get's the chance to review evidence and hold the people to their burden, which is their duty.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mcculver5:

You get to choose to believe whether a Federal District Court judge postponing trial because of alleged discovery violations is a big deal.

I would say it's a big deal, and that not setting a new date until after the motions are heard is also a pretty big deal.

Not sure who your legitimate legal commentariat includes.  What was their take on Russian Collusion?  

Frivolous motions?  Frivolous has a pretty specific meaning in legal circles.  I'm not sure why a Federal judge would set frivolous motions for hearing.  What's your defense of this premise?

Defendants intentionally delay cases all the time.  So what?  Is the prosecution's case in chief damaged in a mother-fucking paper case by delay?  

I'll answer that last one.  No.  Paper cases move forward even with delay.  Only the political hit is damaged by the delay if it's a legitimate case.

On the flip side, the defense get's the chance to review evidence and hold the people to their burden, which is their duty.  

View Quote

As I said a couple times before, more due process is a good thing.

I’ve been first in line saying if Jack Smith fucked around and made up a bunch of shit, charge him with perjury after disbarment. On the flip side, if the motions filed are hogwash, defendant Trump will still end up facing the music.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:12:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StanGram] [#45]

Be that as it may, the "devastating loss" for the prosecution will be the judge ruling to that effect, and then dismissing the case with prejudice.

That hasn't happened yet.  All that's happened is the judge giving Trump's attorneys the time and opportunity to try and make that argument.
View Quote
I'm not a legal expert, but you are glossing over the word "indefinite". The judge could have granted more time. Instead, she is saying that the issues are so big, and so many, that she's not going to even bother putting a date on it any more.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
So much for our predictions that the case sucked so bad that SCOTUS would kill it.

It sucked so bad that it just withered up and died.

Fair point, I don't mean frivolous in the technical sense, but my impression is that it's mostly a lot of delay tactics.

I spent some time scanning the various motions and arguments this afternoon.  I have no idea what it takes to get a dismissal based on "selective and vindictive prosecution", but pursuing it seems to serve Trump in at least two ways.

He gets whatever delays it generates, and he gets support for his victim narrative.  Everybody knows the best way out of all this stuff is for him to win the election, so regardless of what happens with these motions he benefits.

It seems like a weak argument to me, but I guess we'll find out what the judge thinks in a couple months.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
I'm not a legal expert, but I believe you are glossing over the word "indefinite". The judge could have granted more time. Instead, she is saying that the issues are so big, and so many, that she's not going to even bother putting a date on it any more.

View Quote

The case is about what classified documents Trump may or may not have taken.  The plaintiff raided his home and took the documents to prove what Trump may have had "illegally" (as him being POTUS when it happened is a different issue but not this thread).  The plaintiff fucked up and what they have is no longer admissible in court (well for a reasonable judge anyway).  So if your case is entirely based on evidence that is no longer valid....what are they going to do.....go raid his home to try and take documents they already took?  How is that going to work out, some would really like to know.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

"procedural legal tactics" ?????

Do you mean "Trump catching the FBI and National Archivist falsifying evidence, tampering with evidence and lying to the judge"????

IT WAS ALL A SET UP.
View Quote

No, I mean appeals to the higher courts...
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

Your first sentence answers your question  in the second.

View Quote

That was the point...
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top