Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 11:29:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch]
There is just something about being on the wide-open plains of the Dakota's. It is food for the soul.

Plain's Coyotes: KC Ep. 130
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoubleUp2] [#1]
More good stuff.  It's like rain in the midst of a drought!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thumbs up again when it dropped on YouTube last night.

What kind of groups do you get with your Bergara? Handloads, I presume?

Shot my new Howa 250 for the first time over the weekend with very disappointing results and we've got some load development to do yet.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DoubleUp2:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DoubleUp2:
Glad my videos can provide some relief.

Originally Posted By parshooter:
Thumbs up again when it dropped on YouTube last night.
Thank you for watching. I greatly appreciate all those who watch and hopefully subscribe and like the videos.

What kind of groups do you get with your Bergara? Handloads, I presume?
Yes, I do handload everything. It is super time consuming. I started by loading 600 rounds last summer. When I set my goal for 500 before starting the season, I realized 600 wasn't going to be enough with all the thermal testing I do for Night Goggles if I was going to hit my goal. I had to do some reloading during the season.  

During the coyote season, I was able to capture enough footage I will easily be able to continue posting every week until Fall. I haven't hunted in almost 2 months now. I finally got around to washing all my hunting clothes today. Next, I will work on cleaning all my guns and suppressors. And then, I will start reloading. Fall will be here before we know it.

As for my groups, I am not a big range guy who goes out and measures his groups. I came upon a load probably 10+ years ago. It shoots in every 22-250 I have ever owned which is somewhere around 6 guns. I realize I could probably tweak my loads per gun, but I currently own 3 different 22-250s, so I use the same load for all 3. My Bergara gets the most action, but I do have others. If I have a good rest, all holes in my group are all typically touching at 100. As for the Bergara, it really surprises me. After I bought it, I got a bit nervous because I didn't realize it was a 1:9 twist, so it should handle heavier bullets well. I tried my standard load shooting 52gr Berger Target HPs, and it grouped great. I have never tried tweaking my load with the Bergara as it shoots tight groups all day, every day. Even better, it kills tons of coyotes.

Shot my new Howa 250 for the first time over the weekend with very disappointing results and we've got some load development to do yet.  
Sorry to hear that. It is very disappointing when a gun doesn't shoot. I have been so fortunate that every 22-250 I have ever owned has been a tack driver.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KoreyKirsch:
If I have a good rest, all holes in my group are all typically touching at 100.
View Quote
That'll work. 'Preciate the response and I ordered some of the Berger's to try. Also have Sierra, Nosler, and Hornady 55grs to test yet, along with a few different powders. 1.25 to 2" groups with factory ammo so far and that won't work.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for sharing.  I tried to squeeze on the first coyote twice before you actually shot him.

Ballpark, how much longer before we see the effects of the firmware update to your scope that resulted in yardages being displayed on the screen?

Always enjoy your content....keep it coming.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:49:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch] [#6]
Originally Posted By bcturkeynut:Ballpark, how much longer before we see the effects of the firmware update to your scope that resulted in yardages being displayed on the screen?
View Quote
I can give you better than a ballpark. The first video of my Super Yoter LRF where you will see the entire screen recorded will release on 5/19. I will be at NRAAM, so I am not sure when I will get it posted to ARFcom. Subscribe and watch it on YouTube at 8:00 PM Central on 5/19.

The reason I am releasing it on 5/19 is the episode that will release on 5/12 suffers from what I called strobing contrast. It happened to my Super Yoter LRF in really bad conditions. Keep in mind, I received the very first unit ever produced. They fixed this in a firmware update. When I got the unit back, I was shocked to see the video recording had changed as well as the audio quality increased, in addition to fixing the consistency of the image. I have hunted in extreme fog and virtually every environmental condition, and it hasn't happened after the firmware update. If someone commented on why is your scope doing that, I can point to the 5/19 video with the firmware update, so people will know it doesn't do that any longer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good. Thanks for the background info.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking forward to comparing next week to this one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking forward to comparing next week to this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top