Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2024 5:51:27 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for a blow-up one.  The wife wants one to go out the lake with the dog.   Dog is probably 60lb or so, thinking something on the wider size I guess?  We live in the PNW so short seasons.  She not looking for anything crazy price wise, but any input would be appreciated.    

Thanks, Jim
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy has a Bote one, several seasons of use with no issues, he's been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
Looking for recommendations for a blow-up one.  The wife wants one to go out the lake with the dog.   Dog is probably 60lb or so, thinking something on the wider size I guess?  We live in the PNW so short seasons.  She not looking for anything crazy price wise, but any input would be appreciated.    

Thanks, Jim
View Quote

My wife picked up a couple of the cheaper ones than Bote, but still very well made. We've used them a good close to 100 different outings from lakes to marsh rivers to springs. We take them on a lot of trips that have water (mostly spring and summer). They fit tight, but quite well in the newer Army zippered duffle bags.

While I pack the hand pump with the paddle board, I really recommend getting the electric pump and correct fittings...if you're anywhere near your vehicle, this will save a lot of tiring frustration!

To be quite honest, I've been extremely impressed by their rigidity and construction.  We used them a few times on some large springs in FL, strapping a small cooler on as a seat to sit as a kayak and spend a few hours meandering down a large spring/river. They serve as a good beer cooler platform, snorkeling and swimming platform, you fish off them, even conduct tactical water borne ops from them

Never thought I would be a paddle board guy, but damn, those inflatable paddleboards (the really rigid ones) are pretty damn cool.

ROCK6

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to both, I will relay it to her.
Top Top