Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 9:09:24 PM EDT
But the time that passes is no trifling thing, and every year there are fewer of the old familiar faces, and more new ones with whom to share...

Dynasty in Deer Country

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Do what????
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice story!

Most of my fondest memories with my Dad are hunting related.  I remember his Dad walking down the snow covered fire trail in Michigan's U.P. , wearing a blaze orange suit and hat, pinned on compass, carrying his semi-auto Ruger 44 mag, and having a big smile on his face as he walked towards my Dad and I.  A nice 8 point buck crossed the trail about 50 yards behind him but we couldn't get him turned around in time for a shot.  It was comical!  He got buck fever so bad (even at his advanced age) that it didn't matter if the buck was 30 yards away or 150 yards away - the Ruger .44 would be emptied and there was no telling where he hit it, how many times he hit it, or IF he even hit it till the tracking job was done or called off.  These memories are from 33 years ago and they're still as crisp and vivid in my mind as the days it happened.   I loved that man.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By explodingvarmints:
Most of my fondest memories with my Dad are hunting related.
View Quote

Mine too, adventures with my dad, brothers and grandpas were the very best memories.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top