Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 8:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acman145acp]
Well it had good enough reviews i had to test it.

Wraith 4k mini this is at 120 yds on 6 x   242 lb bore the feeder is at 135

No illuminator 30minutes after dark....    10 minutes later you needed the illuminator but it still looked the same easy  to hunt / scan inside 150

Needless to say i'm happy with it for a 500 optic......  i got some video of deer in the day too will get that up later if anyone wants to see it.

My brother bought us a 3k$ pulsar and it's awesome but the wraith is pretty cool for someone who cant swing that. Like me

Happy to answer any questions i can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-33U8-nEY
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The big downside to digital night vision is hunting in thick stuff at night.  You get so much splash back of the IR light from branches and grass that you can't see very far.    Thermal lets you see through the brush much better.  Digital night vision works great in open fields or from stands to feeders where you can clear all the brush out of the way between them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VaFish:
The big downside to digital night vision is hunting in thick stuff at night.  You get so much splash back of the IR light from branches and grass that you can't see very far.    Thermal lets you see through the brush much better.  Digital night vision works great in open fields or from stands to feeders where you can clear all the brush out of the way between them.
View Quote

This. We got into one hunting spot just before dark and thought it was going to work until we turned on the night vision and couldnt see 10ft infront of us.  I just picked up the wraith thermal. Seems to be alot of scope for the money.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bendigo78:

This. We got into one hunting spot just before dark and thought it was going to work until we turned on the night vision and couldnt see 10ft infront of us.  I just picked up the wraith thermal. Seems to be alot of scope for the money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bendigo78:
Originally Posted By VaFish:

It definitely isn't my intention to say this is a replacement or better than thermal.    (My brother took a raccoon at 135 this past weekend with the pulsar thermion. )

But i do think it's a solid gateway into night hunting if your hunting more open areas / stand hunting.  
It's definitely dependent on the IR light.  

Splash back is annoying farther out even than i thought it would be just part of it learning to mitigate this in your hunting area is part of it.

Adjusting your ir light or using two different ones depending on the area what i'm going to test next

I still think for the money it's extremely usable.
The only downside i see to the sightmark wraith package is the ir light should have a much larger difference in the ir light modes...... i personally can't tell any difference at all between high med or low...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top