Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 1:09:00 PM EDT
I've been buying a lot of Milwaukee M12 and M18 tools the past few years, and so far I love them.  I tried a few Ryobi, but returned them due to them being crap.  So I am now a hardened Milwaukee fan boy.

MILWAUKEE - THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE!

Anyway....  Milwaukee is now selling earbuds that I am thinking of buying for mowing etc.  Has anyone had here had experience with using them for shooting?

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have them and used them for shooting outside and they worked great. 9mm 5.56, and 7.62. They have hear through technology and mute anything over a certain decibel.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I think they might suit my needs for mowing, grinding, and shooting.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#3]
As much as I like my Milwaukee M12 tools, for ear protection, I go with ISO Tunes 2.0.  They are bluetooth and have a 25db noise reduction (and OSHA compliant for work)  They have six different ear pieces to get a good fit and the battery lasts almost 24hrs.  I use them when I need at work sites, while running my Kubota at home, and at the range.  Not a bad price either

https://www.amazon.com/ISOtunes-Free-True-Wireless-Earbuds/dp/B0BGMMGZ2N
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JeepinMaxx:
As much as I like my Milwaukee M12 tools, for ear protection, I go with ISO Tunes 2.0.  They are bluetooth and have a 25db noise reduction (and OSHA compliant for work)  They have six different ear pieces to get a good fit and the battery lasts almost 24hrs.  I use them when I need at work sites, while running my Kubota at home, and at the range.  Not a bad price either

https://www.amazon.com/ISOtunes-Free-True-Wireless-Earbuds/dp/B0BGMMGZ2N
View Quote

Yeah the Milwaukee are designed for jobsite earpro. I have had horrible luck with ISOtunes, I stay away from them. They had to replace them 3 times before I decided it’s not worth all the hassle to have them keep having issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
25NRR is on the low end for shooting sessions. Something like the Axil Xcor is 29NRR.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#6]
So I tried the Milwaukee earbuds.  Nope.  Not for me.

They worked okay for having music while mowing.

22LR out of 10/22 was fine.

.380 out of an LCP II was a bit louder than regular earplugs.

10mm out of a Glock 29 was too loud, so I didn't try center fire rifle rounds.

Nice idea for a work site, but not for my needs.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By group8:
So I tried the Milwaukee earbuds.  Nope.  Not for me.

They worked okay for having music while mowing.

22LR out of 10/22 was fine.

.380 out of an LCP II was a bit louder than regular earplugs.

10mm out of a Glock 29 was too loud, so I didn't try center fire rifle rounds.

Nice idea for a work site, but not for my needs.

View Quote

Interesting, mine worked perfectly. Did you have the foam or silicone ends on them? Did you select the correct side foam?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Remydog:

Interesting, mine worked perfectly. Did you have the foam or silicone ends on them? Did you select the correct side foam?
View Quote

I tried several of the options, but none were as good as I had hoped.  Even the manual indicated they were not suitable for impulse noises such as gunshots.

From page seven of the manual:
"Although hearing protectors can be recommended
for protection against the harmful effects of impulsive
noise, the noise reduction rating (NRR) is based on
the attenuation of continuous noise and may not be
an accurate indicator of the protection attainable
against impulsive noise such as gunfire"

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
25NRR is on the low end for shooting sessions. Something like the Axil Xcor is 29NRR.
View Quote
Bought the XCORs but had to return them as they did not fit my smallish ear canal, was painful after a while. Wished they did work tho'.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#10]
Originally Posted By VinD:
Bought the XCORs but had to return them as they did not fit my smallish ear canal, was painful after a while. Wished they did work tho'.
View Quote

I use the Shothunt for upland and waterfowl hunting. I didn't recommend them because a lot of people balk at the $700 price tag.

They use Comply ear tips, so there are a lot of sizes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
They are probably just rebranded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top