Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2024 3:06:58 PM EDT
I've been looking for fun plinking 22lr pistol to run suppressed for a while now. Wasn't really interested in spending close to $600 on a Ruger 22/45 light, and most of the LGS's didn't have anything in stock with a threaded barrel.

I just happened to find a really nice used Taurus TX22 for $200 at one of the stores I checked out today. I figured what the hell, it was cheap enough that I wasn't going to be out much if I didn't like it.

Anything I need to do to it to improvement reliable when shooting suppressed?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You might enjoy my video

YouTube
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By evnash:
You might enjoy my video

YouTube
View Quote

Nice video...thanks!!

I ended up running about 50rnds of CCI subsonic, 50rnds CCI standard velocity, and 100 or so rounds of some off brand subsonic (don't remember the brand) through it tonight....and it ran like a sewing machine. I was worried that it would feel like a cheap $200 pistol (because that's what I paid for it).....but honestly, I love it! The trigger isn't horrible, it feels great in the hand, and it's pretty accurate. I couldn't be happier with it!!  Glad I didn't spend $600 on a Ruger 22/45 lite.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I've done a few mods to my TX-22 Standard.....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RUT:
I've done a few mods to my TX-22 Standard.....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31980/TXT_jpg-3214812.JPG
View Quote

What kind of grip tape is that?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#5]
>>What kind of grip tape is that?<<

Handleit grip tape. I find it adheres better than others I've used.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
how did you attach the red dot?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
>>how did you attach the red dot?<<

It mounts directly to the Lakeline slide. (RMSc pattern)
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Stoney:
how did you attach the red dot?
View Quote

If you want a red dot, the tx-22 compact has a version with a slide that is milled for the rmsc Or K footprint.

The competition model has a barrel mount for RDS.

I have both of the above. I like them both. The competition model is more accurate.

And yes, if he want a dot, buying another complete gun is about as efficient as any other solution. The guns are often $300 or less. You could try a dovetail mount... But adding that weight to the slide might mess with your reliability.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:19:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nate19] [#9]
Manual safety delete and frame plug.

@RUT Great looking TX. What trigger is that?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Nate19:
Manual safety delete and frame plug.

@RUT Great looking TX. What trigger is that?
View Quote

Does that fix any problematic issues....or just get rid of the safety?  Why would I want to do that?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Lakeline dovetail optic plate

LOVE shooting this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Nate19:
What trigger is that?
View Quote

Looks like a Tandemkross Victory Trigger.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RUT] [#13]
Duplicate post....
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]
>>Looks like a Tandemkross Victory Trigger.<<

That it is. I have one on my Compact as well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:21:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmagrush] [#15]
Buy extra mags now. I’ve had no problems with the five I’ve got on a special promotion. They are plastic but seem durable, and are often out of stock at the Taurus website.

As an OBTW, the TX22 standard grip is about 95% identical to a PSA Dagger compact. Great transition pistol for training new shooters.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:46:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#16]
I have a regular TX22.
I use a lakeline dovetail optic mount.
It works great but I will most likely buy either a lakeline optic cut slide or a new style optic cut taurus slide if/when taurus offers it.
I run a 507k on mine.

I also added a o-ring to the recoil spring to prevent slide bottom out.
There are issues with the slide's chin breaking.
It was a easy change but lakeline offers a separate recoil assembly now to help bottom out of the chin on the frame.
Also watch out for gouging from the recoil spring edge in the RSA pocket on the slide.  its aluminum.

AND,
I get major keyholing from 2 different suppressors so I have just orderd a new lakeline replacement barrel and hopefully that will stop the keyholing.
No issues without suppressor.
TX22 barrels are known to be low quality.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By imq707s:

Does that fix any problematic issues....or just get rid of the safety?  Why would I want to do that?
View Quote

No particular reason to do it unless you are like me and just dislike manual safeties on a handgun. Not sure if any of their news models can be had without them from the factory but it was kind of hard to find the “originals” without them, at least where I was looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top