Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2024 1:18:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: evnash]
looks like they updated the full size with the compact features. same 16rd flush mag, 22 rd extended

my TX22c + TK trigger is fantastic.

Link

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This is tempting. But I need another .22 pistol like a hole in the head...
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
honestly the TK wingmag +5 bases look better

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:27:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Before the end of the year I plan on buying a P322 or TX22. I was leaving Sig, but this updated model will make it a harder decision.

Wonder if we'll see any other new or updated rimfire pistols at NRAAM this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#4]
>>This is tempting. But I need another .22 pistol like a hole in the head...<<

This.......
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping/expecting taurus to update the tx22.
Nice to see they did.

I run a lakeline dovetail plate and 507k on mine and it has been great.

Was thinking of changing slide with a lakeline optic cut version.

I also have a P322.
If I had to choose one it would be the Tx22.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#6]
>>Was thinking of changing slide with a lakeline optic cut version.<<

Just did that!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Outrider:
This is tempting. But I need another .22 pistol like a hole in the head...
View Quote

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Oddly enough, I discovered today that there's also a version of this that's NON optic ready. (saw one today at my LGS) Who knew? I'm a little surprised that they'd even offer this, as I thought the optics ready business was what it was all about. Puzzling.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I might need a third TX-22
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
View Quote

I had a competition model. Took possession of a compact yesterday. Ordered the TX22 toro today. I’m a sucker for mag rebates.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:27:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#11]
Originally Posted By molar:

I had a competition model. Took possession of a compact yesterday. Ordered the TX22 toro today. I’m a sucker for mag rebates.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I bought my compact in April of course.

The accuracy is horrible. I hope someone makes a decent aftermarket barrel for it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#12]

The accuracy is horrible. I hope someone makes a decent aftermarket barrel for it.
View Quote

https://lakelinellc.com/lakeline-llc-target-barrel-for-the-taurus-tx22-standard-black-nitride-finish/
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:

https://lakelinellc.com/lakeline-llc-target-barrel-for-the-taurus-tx22-standard-black-nitride-finish/

The "standard" barrel fits in a compact?
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

That’s a bummer. Did you try contacting Taurus? They’ve been known to turn out bad barrels, but always seem to replace them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#15]

That’s a bummer. Did you try contacting Taurus? They’ve been known to turn out bad barrels, but always seem to replace them.
View All Quotes

I guess I should give that a try first. The competition model barrel is great. The compact, not so much. Like 10" at 10 yards or so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#16]

I guess I should give that a try first. The competition model barrel is great. The compact, not so much. Like 10" at 10 yards or so.
View Quote

Yeah you got a bad barrel. I mounted a Holosun 407K and took my compact to the range today. I threaded on my Mask and shot a couple targets from the bench at 25 yards.  Using CCI standard velocity, I shot 2 10 shot groups of 2.25” and 3.10”. Not the 1.25” groups my competition turns in, but not bad either. I don’t think Iike the 6 MOA dot though. I’m used to a 3 MOA dot. I’ll probably replace it with a 507k.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Taurus made a mistake on this one.  Opening up the top of the slide is going to let more crap accumulate on a red dot window when mounted in the optics cut. It's an issue with my P322. Lakeline's design makes more sense.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bmwmc:
Taurus made a mistake on this one.  Opening up the top of the slide is going to let more crap accumulate on a red dot window when mounted in the optics cut. It's an issue with my P322. Lakeline's design makes more sense.
View Quote

4" piece of electrical tape?
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#19]
The TX22 really seems like an interesting gun. I do like the competition model but was wondering if anyone made holsters for it or if the optic mount gets in the way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
The TX22 really seems like an interesting gun. I do like the competition model but was wondering if anyone made holsters for it or if the optic mount gets in the way.
View Quote

I bought one of these Forged tech holsters

It works. If you saw the bottom inch or two off of it, it even works with a suppressor mounted on it. It also works with my compact model.

The TX-22 competition is a great pistol. I've probably put 3,000 rounds through mine so far. The only issues seem to be the typical with .22 ammo or if you try to stretch the cleanings too long. After about 500 rounds suppressed, it wants to be cleaned.

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#21]

It works. If you saw the bottom inch or two off of it, it even works with a suppressor mounted on it. It also works with my compact model.

The TX-22 competition is a great pistol. I've probably put 3,000 rounds through mine so far. The only issues seem to be the typical with .22 ammo or if you try to stretch the cleanings too long. After about 500 rounds suppressed, it wants to be cleaned.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/576591/IMG_4626-3117192.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/576591/IMG_4626-3117192.jpg

Cool deal
Thanks
Top Top