Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2024 12:52:30 PM EDT
Anyone have one of those baby backpacks? The ones with the baby wipe holder, diaper holder, bottle, etc that look like a tactical backpack.  Are they actually useful and handy or are they just hype?  My kid is having his 1st kid so wondering for gift idea.  Thanks for input, and suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Not everything needs to be tactical IMO. If it was me I'd prefer just a nice standard diaper bag/backpack.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
We have the full "tactical baby gear" diaper bag.

I like it.  Kid's arent babies anymore so it's become a range bag.  I put the diaper "dump pouch" on my armor carrier.  It works nicely.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You could shave your pubes and make it look like it is bigger
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife got me one, but I kinda thought it was silly and never really used it. And she uses these tiny top loading "backpack" diaper bags which I see a lot around, I hate because they're kinda shit and are too small to fit on my back.

I have a goruck radio ruck that suits me well as a diaper bag. Good access, enough pockets to be useful.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Diaper Dude sling bag FTW
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Ill check it out, thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#7]
When my son was that age I had a converted maxpedition bag in black. Worked well for that job.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya I got a 5.11maxpedition shoot you in the face model.

Runs about $900 and gets me mad respect at the library when little toddlers get froggy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
You could shave your pubes and make it look like it is bigger
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ATLDiver:
When my son was that age I had a converted maxpedition bag in black. Worked well for that job.
View Quote

Same. I had the Maxpedition sling bag. It carried the wipes, changing pad, diapers, cream/powder, hand sanitizer, pistol, keys, multitool.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got one, but didn't use it. Having one baby bag filled with spare diaper, clothes, bottles, wipes, ect, ect was enough, and my wifes bag was the primary one. I'd guess most either get used hard, or not at all.

Now once the kid is old enough to support their own head, getting one of the kid carry backpacks I would highly recommend. My kids love it, and start carrying them when they are light and soon enough a 50lb pack feels normal.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]
3 grand kids…3 backpacks
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:19:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atropian_Defector] [#13]
I’ve had a “High Speed Daddy” pack in multicam for 6 years/3 kids. It’s been great, OG model had shit zippers, and I had to warranty it out to a new one with YKK zippers but they were easy to work with,

Insulated pouches are a must, but I don’t use the wipe dispensing pouch at all. Overall, great bag. Ex gave it to me for fathers day before my oldest was born.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I just carried what my wife picked out/like.  She carried it 90% of the time so she bought what she wanted and I just worked with it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#16]
funny concept. hearing tactical and baby product in the same sentence reminds me of the people escaping communist laos, a lot of them had to carry hard  drugs so the babies wouldn't give away their positions. They probably would have been ecstatic to get tactical nylon gear though, carrying baskets and stuff in the jungle
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
It's been a minute since I had little kids, but I knew enough that I didn't want my hands full of anything other than my kids. Plus I was recently divorced and my ex-wife had no qualms about dumping my infant son at my house.

So I bought a generic $15 black backpack and had my son's name embroidered on it in blue. Nothing special about it otherwise, diapers, blankets, wipes, change of clothes, formula, etc.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:
funny concept. hearing tactical and baby product in the same sentence reminds me of the people escaping communist laos, a lot of them had to carry hard  drugs so the babies wouldn't give away their positions. They probably would have been ecstatic to get tactical nylon gear though, carrying baskets and stuff in the jungle
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Just use a regular backpack, save your money. And you won't look like a dork.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top