Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/3/2023 1:08:40 PM EDT

I'll start.  its kind of like a DB galileo but refactored to use a folding stock, 5 bolt mounting (vs stock 4), use nuts instead of heat sets (more about that later) and have a barrel rest integral to avoid droop.  i'll be using PC for the frame parts and CFPA6 for the receiver.  neither likes heat sets that much.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By bionicmonkey:
https://i.imgur.com/ti93gxs.png

I'll start.  its kind of like a DB galileo but refactored to use a folding stock, 5 bolt mounting (vs stock 4), use nuts instead of heat sets (more about that later) and have a barrel rest integral to avoid droop.  i'll be using PC for the frame parts and CFPA6 for the receiver.  neither likes heat sets that much.  

View Quote

Link to .stl file or it never happened.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _DR:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:35:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#3]
Since OP dropped and ran, here's what I believe is the link
Deleted. See note.
@_DR
@blindprophet501

Guys, we can't link directly to sites that have NFA/illegal items to download. You can give search terms, but no linking.  Odysee has suppressors and other goodies.
--Rat_Patrol

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the "Glockarev".  I stretched the magwell area of a Big Chungus frame and the magazine to accept 7.62x25.  I started milling out a slide but got distracted by the million other projects I have.  Someday I'll finish it, maybe.

" />
" />
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bionicmonkey] [#5]
Originally Posted By RHR_12:
Since OP dropped and ran,
View Quote

Negative ghostrider.  Op teased and then got back to printing.

The above model is not published, but of you dont mind the fixed stock original form you can locate galileo on the odd seas.

Ill post some pics once the initial parts come out of the oven.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Apologies to @Rat_Patrol

I did read the rules, but had a slightly different interpretation.  My read was don’t link to NFA items, which I didn’t.  Not arguing the rule, just saying it might be better to clarify in that post a little more (maybe specifically mention several popular websites that are verboten by name in the post).
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:38:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#8]
well, first 5 pieces are out of the oven and ready for further assembly

where is the 5th piece you say?  its the latch piece already installed on the stock along with the nylon buttpad

i really think that stock came out nice.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]
got some parts ready too.  one of the big motivations for making this is that bolts and triggers for 10/22 have really come down back to normal pricing again after the surge in the last 1-2 years

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Very cool OP. I admire your effort. I will subscribe to your thread and cheer you on. Please keep posting your progress.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:17:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bionicmonkey] [#12]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
What is your printer setup?
View Quote

Ender 5 pro with microswiss all metal and direct drive (the older style), glass bed and stright down feed from drybox above the enclosure.  0.4mm hardened steel nozzle and 0.2mm layer height

Ender 5 plus with spider 500 degree hot end, direct drive, glass bed and similar straight down feed from drybox above the enclosure. 0.6mm creality nozzle and 0.3mm layer height.

For the pa6cf im using gluestick and for the pc im using magigoo pc which is really good stuff btw.  

Im doing 6-8 walls and 100% infil for core parts and 50+ for lesser things like the stock.  

This will be an all polymaker affair with the pa6-cf at 290 bed at 35 and the pc at 270 bed at 100.  

Eta for drying and annealing im using a toaster oven and a bbq thermometer with a remote probe to manage temp ranges.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Snatchsquatch:
This is the "Glockarev".  I stretched the magwell area of a Big Chungus frame and the magazine to accept 7.62x25.  I started milling out a slide but got distracted by the million other projects I have.  Someday I'll finish it, maybe.

https://i.postimg.cc/Ss1xCjZS/20230513-104239.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.postimg.cc/Ss1xCjZS/20230513-104239.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/T3j2QtkH/20230513-104253.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.postimg.cc/T3j2QtkH/20230513-104253.jpg
View Quote

cool!  are you going to mill a glock side to fit the barrel, or mill a tokarev barrel to fit the frame?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]

cool!  are you going to mill a glock side to fit the barrel, or mill a tokarev barrel to fit the frame?
View Quote

The slide will need to be longer as well as the barrel.  I've got a block of 4140 PH that I started cutting a slide out of but I have a lot of other projects to distract me.  I didn't mean to derail the thread.  I thought it was going to be a printed gun picture thread.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#16]

The slide will need to be longer as well as the barrel.  I've got a block of 4140 PH that I started cutting a slide out of but I have a lot of other projects to distract me.  I didn't mean to derail the thread.  I thought it was going to be a printed gun picture thread.
View Quote

we'll get it there in a week or so hopefully.  :-)
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snatchsquatch] [#17]
Here's the regular Big Chungus I printed and a bump for more printed guns.

" />

Edit, cropped out most of my ugly feet
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's the regular Big Chungus I printed and a bump for more printed guns.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCbmBc5h/20210606-162449.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.postimg.cc/QCbmBc5h/20210606-162449.jpg
View Quote

**Click** backing back out of this sub forum quickly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ll play . . .
Amigo Grande .308 built off of a Cetme C parts kit, pretty involved build.
Attachment Attached File

10/22 takedown Galileo
Attachment Attached File

G43
Attachment Attached File

G19
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bionicmonkey] [#20]
NICE!

that takedown looks like a Bento Box (which If i understand it, galileo lead to bento box) so there was some overlap there.

i had to do uh.. things.. to my bento box due to recent uh.. things..  

just to be extra sure I made it a dedicated pistol frame with no possibility of brace and pull out the folding grip for extra stability

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#21]
NICE!

that takedown looks like a Bento Box (which If i understand it, galileo lead to bento box) so there was some overlap there.

i had to do uh.. things.. to my bento box due to recent uh.. things..  

just to be extra sure I made it a dedicated pistol frame with no possibility of brace and pull out the folding grip for extra stability

https://i.imgur.com/plQdc5o.jpg

View Quote

Correct- it is the Bento Box. I can’t keep ‘‘em straight anymore. I made a Galileo but had issues with the bolt hanging up and have not gotten around to fixing it yet.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, things are progressing

the receiver came out just perfect, and having been annealed is now getting all the fitment and finish work done

barrel is fitted, all the embedded nuts embedded, bolt is moving not 100% freely but 90% and ready to break in.   having been assembled, then disassembled and adjusted and re-assembled, now just waiting on the krylon barrel painting hack job to dry so I can put the front end back on and be done

that said, not everything went perfectly.

in my design idea, I didnt like that Galileo has a couple of inches of essentially blank space at the back THEN a picattiny rail and if you want a folding stock then you have to put on a folding mechanism.  all of which makes the rifle unnecessarily long and makes printing with 100% infill a waste.  i wanted to bring the folding mechanism to the frame thus reducing the receiver, and allowing the whole receiver front to back to be "whole" even sans receiver.  especially i also didnt want to have the stock held on by only a plastic picatinny rail that could easily break thus rendering the receiver needing to be reprinted.  

That lead to a more complex frame design and honestly while it printed a workable piece, i didnt like the print quality that came as a result of all the printing on supports, and I redesigned it (see above) as 3 parts.  the folding piece bolts to the frame, the alignment ellipse tower also bolts to the frame.  this makes the frame full of bolts but as you can see above, each piece is able to look good in the right directions, and have the right strength where it matters.  

also had a rude surprise when teh folding stock release snapped off.  literally the PC delaminated.  i've never had PC do me dirty like that.  on the original Bento folding stock I had ASA do me even more dirty as the nub snapped off and left a smooth clean surface below like it was top layers.  I then reprinted that release again on its side, which I was about to do with some PA6-CF but my hot end thermistor went on the fritz jumping around temperatures so I am just reusing the side-printed ASA stock latch from my bento box at the moment.  

I also bought a buffer pin from ebay and it is some dumb rubber with a 2mm metal center thing, and as soon as it doesnt go in easily into the receiver, it comes apart.  totally worthless.  so I took some 1/4" round stock cut it to 40mm (stock is 34mm, Galileo receiver is wider)  and painted it.  there it is drying having been test fitted.  

last part is the barrel rest which I was going to print from CF nylon, but still waiting on that thermistor replacement before I can do that.  I also might print a specific grip for this gun rather than using my standard ABS separable grip.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Well this one has pretty much run its course - needs some test firing, and a new grip, but otherwise feels pretty solid and ready to go.

vs

Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Guy working on a belt-fed AR upper "Chainsmoker"
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#25]
That would be pretty cool.  Depends on how many machined parts it needs
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Well this one has pretty much run its course - needs some test firing, and a new grip, but otherwise feels pretty solid and ready to go.

vs

https://i.imgur.com/tvrgq6J.jpg

View Quote
Man that looks good. Could you drop in a pre-assembled 10/22 barrel/receiver? Or is the receiver 3dp as part of the build?
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TheRX7Project:
Man that looks good. Could you drop in a pre-assembled 10/22 barrel/receiver? Or is the receiver 3dp as part of the build?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheRX7Project:

vs

https://i.imgur.com/tvrgq6J.jpg

Thanks!  Negative on the factory 1022 receiver - the printed receiver is integral to the design.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 8:01:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRX7Project] [#28]

Thanks!  Negative on the factory 1022 receiver - the printed receiver is integral to the design.
View Quote
That's what I assumed. I have a complete 10/22 that I made a SCAR lookalike chassis for using FORG3DBY's design (which has since been taken down apparently). It was a drop-in deal, pull off the factory stock and put the whole unit in the new chassis.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]
There's a kickstarter going for printed digital night vision housings, you can get duals for about $1500ish IIRC, quads a similar discount.  Hoffman Tactical is doing a livestream Thursday night with the developer:
3D2A Development Stream With Vonscherf Arms
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#31]

I've got this on the printer right now. I'll post some pictures when it's done
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 11:16:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#32]
Weekend project, a mag extension for the Overwatch Precision O-MAG MP5 mags.  They normally hold 32 rounds, so with this +8 extension it's an even 40 rds. (you can actually cram in 41, but 40 makes seating in the gun easier).

I took measurements based off the base pad with some calipers and drew everything up in fusion.  This is the first functional prototype.

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Weekend project, a mag extension for the Overwatch Precision O-MAG MP5 mags.  They normally hold 32 rounds, so with this +8 extension it's an even 40 rds. (you can actually cram in 41, but 40 makes seating in the gun easier).

I took measurements based off the base pad with some calipers and drew everything up in fusion.  This is the first functional prototype.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/omag8-2918168.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/2023-08-12_21_01_14-2918174.jpg
View Quote

Bravo, love it !!
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Broken Bullets 19 (FMDA 19.2) frame, a copy of the Strike Ind. 80% Glock frame.  This is the second print, I had to fix it up in Fusion after finding a bunch of bad geometries in the release STL, the light rail was out of spec, the trigger guard stuck out too far and blocked most lights from fitting the rail, the trigger housing pocket was too big and allowed it to shift enough to get a dead trigger, and a few others.  I also re-profiled the bottom of the trigger guard to be less stylized.  This one seems to be functional for testing.  Still needs a few more tweaks but most are cosmetic.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#36]
r/fosscad is where to look for more inspiration

But all the good stuff sets sail on the odd eee sea.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Broken Bullets 19 (FMDA 19.2) frame, a copy of the Strike Ind. 80% Glock frame.  This is the second print, I had to fix it up in Fusion after finding a bunch of bad geometries in the release STL, the light rail was out of spec, the trigger guard stuck out too far and blocked most lights from fitting the rail, the trigger housing pocket was too big and allowed it to shift enough to get a dead trigger, and a few others.  I also re-profiled the bottom of the trigger guard to be less stylized.  This one seems to be functional for testing.  Still needs a few more tweaks but most are cosmetic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/2023-08-21_20_24_55-2928030.jpg
View Quote

That is really sharp, looks like factory
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

That is really sharp, looks like factory
View Quote
Thanks, I just got this printer back online, re-tweaked, and settings optimized after installing a direct drive hotend.  It's made from Polymaker PLA Pro FDE filament, which from what I've done so far prints extremely well with less of that "sheen" most PLAs have.

The +2 extension for the magpul mag is also printed in the same.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:02:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ginger-mech] [#39]
I guy I work with has a printer and I asked him to do one of these. It's the Vulpes grip I found on the odd sea.

It feels a tad small for my hands but I'm trying it on a dedicated 22lr build.

ETA: he printed it on an Ender3 pro with the settings from the download file
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#40]
My first 3D printed pew pew.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
That has got to be one of the best looking frames out there. I am jelly
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:56:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ragnar_Lothbrok] [#42]
The mod here and the guidance he runs this place by pretty much kill all 3d printed gun discussion. How can you without inevitably linking to what you're printing or want to print? Nobody wants to carry on a conversation in code to dance around such a nonsensical rule.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Ragnar_Lothbrok:
The mod here and the guidance he runs this place by pretty much kill all 3d printed gun discussion. How can you without inevitably linking to what you're printing or want to print? Nobody wants to carry on a conversation in code to dance around such a nonsensical rule.
View Quote

r/fosscad
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#45]

I may be the hall monitor, but it isn't my rule book. If staff wants to open it up, I'm 110% down with that. However, CoC #3 specifically says no linking to illegal mods for guns, and most of the weapon file repositories have plenty of such.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ragnar_Lothbrok:

I may be the hall monitor, but it isn't my rule book. If staff wants to open it up, I'm 110% down with that. However, CoC #3 specifically says no linking to illegal mods for guns, and most of the weapon file repositories have plenty of such.

Yup that's the summary. Talk about pointless risk adverse rules, they allow members to hint hint wink wink at exactly where to get these files but don't allow links. The only real difference between the two is inconvenience. Why even have them at that point.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Blob:

r/fosscad
View Quote

That's my point, risk adverse rules = no links but that's basically the same thing with more inconvenience. Why have them?
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Do you intend to publish your tweaked files?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#49]
Originally Posted By MrEG:

Do you intend to publish your tweaked files?
View Quote
Possibly, but with the frames not until I get some more testing to make sure there's not some glaring structural issue in my edits.

I tweaked the design a bit more, I wanted a more filled out beavertail in the grip and changed the trigger guard undercuts a bit.  Also drew up a +4 mag extension for the 15rd Pmag.

ETA: The mag extension is up on the irregular ocean, probably under some tag like pmag or something.

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 7:56:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AFCarbon15] [#50]
Not show quality prints like some, but can't conplain about a sub $10 gun

3d printed guns GB-22 tuned up a little. I think I finally have this thing working.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top