BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gator96:
If I ever steal a Lambo that means beforehand I also decided I wouldn't be complying, nor would I be getting out of the car.
View Quote

Yeah that was weird.  He had a half mile head start.  He blew it.  Not the driver he thought he was.  Should have stolen a Corolla.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#2]
"bounces on the devil"

Can't say iv'e ever heard that before
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Multiple felony warrants,sounds like the legal system failed yet again,at least he saved the tax payers money and only took himself out minus property damage.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't really get this:  When the cops figured out that the car was stolen, why keep up the polite "sir please step out of the car" requests?

The Internet is full of videos of asshole cops abusing their authority on citizens who didn't deserve it.    But in this case, they've got an obvious stolen car, and they keep up the "please, sir" shit until he goes flying off and endangers a bunch of other people.....

Don't get me wrong - I'd be happy to have that polite officer pull me over for a simple traffic stop or whatever... maybe he's just not cut out for dealing with actual criminals?

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]
He died doing what he loved
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
That poor car.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:34:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#9]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
I think lots of idiots who play video games have ZERO clue on how to handle a genuinely fast & powerful car.

View Quote

Getting away from the cops was so easy in GTA!

A car with a shitton of power can get away from you real quick when you just stomp on it.  It’s not like your Kia.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TNC:
If I'm ever on body cam I'm just gonna randomly say unintelligible, very clearly
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GreenGoose:
I hope he's ok.
View Quote

He dead...real dead.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MtnMusic:
I don't really get this:  When the cops figured out that the car was stolen, why keep up the polite "sir please step out of the car" requests?

The Internet is full of videos of asshole cops abusing their authority on citizens who didn't deserve it.    But in this case, they've got an obvious stolen car, and they keep up the "please, sir" shit until he goes flying off and endangers a bunch of other people.....

Don't get me wrong - I'd be happy to have that polite officer pull me over for a simple traffic stop or whatever... maybe he's just not cut out for dealing with actual criminals?

View Quote

Probably waiting for backup before escalating.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:43:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#13]
Originally Posted By Emoto:

So, Lamborghini never got the memo about protecting the passenger compartment? That seems weird.
View Quote

I'd feel safer crashing at 100 mph in a smart car.  Lambo is basically a 3/4 inch square stock go cart frame surrounded by fiberglass, carbon fiber and plastic and a giant fast motor.  No idea how those things get approved to drive on street roads.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think you’re right.  It sounded like they were dispatching air and ground units while the cop was stalling.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Is there any backstory on how he came to be in possession of the car?
Was it a rental that wasn't returned?
Did he carjack somebody?
I highly doubt he hotwired it
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NY12ga] [#16]
I posted this in the dupe thread too. It’s a YouTube short so it won’t post like a regular video but what it shows is the crash tests and survival rates for various SUVs

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/ugpTCfEVj3M
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Driving high performance cars takes practice and skill.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Well at least they made a real effort to find him unlike that woman who wound up in a foot well of a car that was intact.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov] [#19]
The cops got him!

Well, half of him at least

To think, he could be alive today if he knew this one simple trick;

Don’t take shit that doesn’t belong to you!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

looked like two other guys showed up, can see them when the shithead takes off.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SigSauerLover:
Is there any backstory on how he came to be in possession of the car?
Was it a rental that wasn't returned?
Did he carjack somebody?
I highly doubt he hotwired it
View Quote

Wondering the same.  Based on the video it seems he might have given his actual license which is odd behavior.  Clearly he knew it was hot, otherwise he wouldn't have taken off.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Guess he won't be doing that again
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CTM1:
Well at least they made a real effort to find him unlike that woman who wound up in a foot well of a car that was intact.
View Quote

Normalcy bias is a real thing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By NY12ga:
I posted this in the dupe thread too. It’s a YouTube short so it won’t post like a regular video but what it shows is the crash tests and survival rates for various SUVs

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/ugpTCfEVj3M
View Quote

Thats a video game
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#25]
He should be fine.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NY12ga] [#26]
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
Thats a video game
View Quote

D’oh!

Thanks for letting me know so I don’t spread it any further.

It caught my eye because I was rear ended by an 18 wheeler into the back of a stopped greyhound bus many years ago, which is very similar to the crashes depicted
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

The blurred piece of him that you see in the video does not look okay.
View Quote

From what I could see it like about half of him is outside the car, I am guessing his bottom half is still in the car. Whay waste of a good car, damn theives.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#28]
At 138mph on that street buddy was just along for the ride.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

looked like two other guys showed up, can see them when the shithead takes off.
View Quote

Was wondering why the backup cops didn't park in front of the Lamborghini, considering the perp clearly angled it for escape and left the car running. Also, why didn't the lead cop insist on him turning off the car and handing over the keys or FOB or whatever once he knew guy had felonies and was driving a stolen car. I also thought felony stops involved guns drawn, although the other cops may have had guns drawn out of camera view maybe.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#30]
That was tragic and hard to watch.

That poor car.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I think lots of idiots who play video games have ZERO clue on how to handle a genuinely fast & powerful car.

View Quote

Worse on HP motorcycles.
Local dealer sold a performance bike to a fairly new rider. They crashed it in 15 seconds pulling out of the lot picking it up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JKH62:

Worse on HP motorcycles.
Local dealer sold a performance bike to a fairly new rider. They crashed it in 15 seconds pulling out of the lot picking it up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JKH62:

Worse on HP motorcycles.

I don’t think most people have any clue how much power even a pretty wimpy motorcycle has or how quickly one of them can get away from you.

My neighbor collects high end motorcycles. He won’t even let experienced riders get on them - it’s just too easy to get yourself in trouble on them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I've not driven a lambo. I have driven a BMW X6, though, and it's 4WD with tons of power and sophisticated computer systems to keep the thing under control.

When I was on the track with the X6M I was doing absolutely retarded shit because the computer was so good at keeping such a ridiculous contraption in line. As I was yanking on the steering wheel inducing it into drifts I remember remarking to my passenger "Boy, you'd really have to work hard to crash this thing!" as they were pressed up against the window looking rather green around the gills.

I assume the lambo has similar computer systems so that even a retard won't crash it.

Of course, the X6M won't get to 100 mph in like 5 seconds and once you get above about 125 there ain't but so much a computer system can do if you're an idiot. Given the time between when he took off and when the officer in the car announced the crash he had just over 20 seconds with the gas probably to the floor. So I'm guessing he was going easily over 150 when he crashed.

It sure as fuck ain't like the vidjya games.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

So you're asking why LAPD didn't just use a high level of force against a black dude in a stolen car?

I will ask you to re-read my sentence.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

So you're asking why LAPD didn't just use a high level of force against a black dude in a stolen car?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

Why can't we all just get along now?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#36]
So incredibly stupid. The police should have no hope of catching that car with even a mediocre driver at the wheel.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Watch any Cars and Coffee videos and see it played out time after time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Dang!

You know he won't be in Rush Hour 4
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mayday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I56sLTgbVxY
View Quote

Dodge Hellcat, and the desperato dude would’ve outrun them for sure. Lambos are light-weight junk.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:19:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FourLoko] [#40]
Sherman Way and Reseda Boulevard

he crashed in the valley

hora le wey

San Fernando represent
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#41]
He won’t have the guts to do that again.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DD1801:
He won’t have the guts to do that again.
View Quote

We see what you did there, don't think we don't.

Well done
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Bro flew so far he changed timezones and gained an hour. Body was found before the crash happened.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Good Kill, Darwin.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#45]
What does TC mean?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:19:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#46]
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
So incredibly stupid. The police should have no hope of catching that car with even a mediocre driver at the wheel.
View Quote

You can’t outrun the radio.

Plus, dude was drunk or something,  who the fuck falls asleep at a red light in a stolen car?

Mediocre drivers can’t handle that much power.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#47]
JFC this place!
No respect at all for the dead!

Can we please have a moment of silence for the loss of this beautiful piece of machinery?

What a bunch of insensitive pricks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By madmathew:
That poor car.
View Quote

The only real loss in the story.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top